Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 1:08:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
OVERVIEW;

I was exceptionally surprised at how the upper and lower fit together. I am away from the parts at the moment, but will include photos soon! Both keyhole forgings fit together effortlessly and when I dropped the take-down pins in it, they too fit like a glove! It was tight enough where it impressed me, but not so that it was aggravating. A couple of quick cycles of the rear take-down, and it found itself right at home. All casting lines on both upper and lower castings line up exceptionally well. The gap at the rear where it meets at the buffer tube area leaves just enough space where I can make out light shining through, yet I would be hard pressed to fit more than a thin sheet of paper or brass shim stock into the gap where it and my Anderson lower meet.
The representative also mentioned that there is an additional process during hard-coat that leaves the part with a noticeably slippery surface. She spoke in detail about this lubrication, yet I couldn't tell a single thing about it without researching it further. All I can say, is that, when compared to your average anodized parts, there is a distinctive, slippery feel to the surface. I should also note that this additional step does nothing to affect finish, as both upper and lower are a perfect match for color and sheen.
Overall, I am nothing short of impressed with this company's product and conduct. If there were any question by anybody as to whether or not to use parts manufactured by Matrix Aerospace, Claremont, NH in their build, DO IT! You wont be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well heck, if it has Dave's approval, then I say well done, sir.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL. Fair enough.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
My newest build from last week is on a Matrix lower. They are super nice parts, both the upper and lowers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I regret is not finding out about them sooner! What parts did you use in your Matrix lower?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing I regret is not finding out about them sooner! What parts did you use in your Matrix lower?
View Quote

I used a CMMG complete LPK. Very nice for the price, $ +/-$65. Nice single stage trigger. I will measure the pull weight and post it when I can.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Who sells MA upper receiver (stripped)?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw them for sale on slick guns for 48 bucks a few weeks back
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#9]
maybe give ,em a call. there was still a handfull on the table when the gun show ended. I paid $33.00 for this "blemish"
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I found them at runnerrunnerguns.com for iirc $59.99 I think it is a stock item for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top