Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yep I'm pumped for the LW 14.5 if the 16" is only 1.19 loping another 1.5" off should put it very close to the 1lb mark
View Quote

We'll publish some numbers as soon as they get through turning. They are a couple of weeks out, but I will monitor them closely.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#2]
in the spirit of this thread, give me some more range results for the OP
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nathan, I found this Midwest Folding Front Sight and have decided to continue on with my lightweight buld with the 16" pencil barrel.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nathan, I found this Midwest Folding Front Sight and have decided to continue on with my lightweight buld with the 16" pencil barrel.
View Quote

Roger. Hadn't quite cancelled the order yet.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
No sweat - I received the barrel this afternoon.  Looks very nice.  Can hardly wait to get started on the build!  Feel like a little kid at Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Will you be offering the 10.5 in a medium profile
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the short term, we will stay to the lighter profiles, but that does sound interesting!

What's your ideal thickness?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:34:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In the short term, we will stay to the lighter profiles, but that does sound interesting!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just like the weight of medium profile better then the lighter profiles. I saw you had the 14.5 so I was seeing about the 10.5
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought two of these barrels on black friday, I'm half way through the first build - great looking barrels, extremely lightweight, and excellent customer service.  Can't wait to try it out and report back.

ETA:  Will you be doing a 14.5LW?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I bought two of these barrels on black friday, I'm half way through the first build - great looking barrels, extremely lightweight, and excellent customer service.  Can't wait to try it out and report back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In production. ETA ~4 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Oops! Duplicate
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks Nathan!

Any idea of the weight on those?  I think the 16" is 1.19lb?

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We'll publish some numbers as soon as they get through turning. They are a couple of weeks out, but I will monitor them closely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep I'm pumped for the LW 14.5 if the 16" is only 1.19 loping another 1.5" off should put it very close to the 1lb mark

It was posted above that we would know once they can be weighed.  

If they use the same profile as the 16, it should be right above 1lb.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I am honestly so impressed by Faxon's customer service, price point, and product performance from this thread that I'm going to order a barrel even though I'm backlogged on AR builds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll try and get some modeling done. The problem is the software does not like calculating the extension...
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We'll try and get some modeling done. The problem is the software does not like calculating the extension...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So don't.  Actually weigh it and manually add it to the modeled extensionless barrel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad  Thanks.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We do not have plans for an 11.5" barrel at the moment, but will be offering cut-down capabilities for our barrels in the near future. We do have a 12.5" that would fit the bill nicely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nathan,

Great to see another manufacturer with a presence on the site.  Thank you.

I'm seriously considering one of your 10.5 inch barrels but would prefer an 11.5" Govt profile... It allows a little more room to work with an Ops Inc M-4M.  Any plans for that in the near future?

We do not have plans for an 11.5" barrel at the moment, but will be offering cut-down capabilities for our barrels in the near future. We do have a 12.5" that would fit the bill nicely.

more info on the "cut down" capabilities? I REALLY want a 12.5" 7.62x39 barrel that I plan on running suppressed, noone offering barrels in 7.62x39 has them in that length. I will have to have one chopped.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

more info on the "cut down" capabilities? I REALLY want a 12.5" 7.62x39 barrel that I plan on running suppressed, noone offering barrels in 7.62x39 has them in that length. I will have to have one chopped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nathan,

Great to see another manufacturer with a presence on the site.  Thank you.

I'm seriously considering one of your 10.5 inch barrels but would prefer an 11.5" Govt profile... It allows a little more room to work with an Ops Inc M-4M.  Any plans for that in the near future?

As we have expanded, we have brought not just a machinist, but a true academy-trained gunsmith on board. Once we have the backend systems in place to handle custom orders, we will be happy to extend them as options to the general public.

No ETA yet, but we are working on it. For now, the intent is to get the ARAK-31 (our new multi-caliber .308) and some other projects done.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have experience with this barrel.  It looks interesting to me.

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/54/ar-15-556-16-416-r-stainless-steel-socom-qpq

The next build is forming.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with this barrel.  It looks interesting to me.

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/54/ar-15-556-16-416-r-stainless-steel-socom-qpq

The next build is forming.  

View Quote

We do. Shoots just slightly better than the standard Socom profile that MrGunsNGear has posted up on.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I just found out faxon makes the barrels for mag tactical.

Hickok45 and military arms channel has reviews of that rifle and seems to group great!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Nathan,
Is there any issue with using the 10.5" carbine barrel in a pistol build?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nathan,
Is there any issue with using the 10.5" carbine barrel in a pistol build?
View Quote

We have over 500 in firearms with no reported issues. There is enough pressure and dwell to operate the firearm.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hickok45 and military arms channel has reviews of that rifle and seems to group great!
View Quote

Faxon builds barrels for multiple OEMs. As a professional courtesy we will never disclose who we build barrels for without their express permission.

Chances are, most here have shot one of our barrels and never knew it.

We are in more systems than you might imagine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Faxon builds barrels for multiple OEMs. As a professional courtesy we will never disclose who we build barrels for without their express permission.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is common in many industries, but prevalent in firearms, and in particular the AR platform.

I just like that when I search a manufacturer, like Faxon, I am able to find solid reviews.  It makes a difference...
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:48:15 AM EDT
[#27]
That's pretty awesome. I searched high and low for some reviews on the pencil barrel and didn't find much. These helped a lot!
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Any plans for a 20 LW barrel?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

18" will be up first after the 14.5"

3-gunners seem to like that length the most.

That said, it sounds like fun but we would have to toy with the profile. At that length, I worry the whip might start to overcome the mechanical accuracy potential and starting throwing rounds.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Hi Nathan,

Any chance we get a 416R version of this:

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/55/ar-15-556-nato-18-socom-mid-length-gas
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That said, it sounds like fun but we would have to toy with the profile. At that length, I worry the whip might start to overcome the mechanical accuracy potential and starting throwing rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could LW profile the barrel forward of the gas block if you wanted to minimize whip.  Even an A1 profile 1/8 with Melonite would be excellent.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hi Nathan,

View Quote

Not in the short term, but it sounds like a great barrel!

What we will have is an 18" Flame Barrel, while more expensive, it will actually come in at just slightly less weight (plus look bad-@ss).
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You could LW profile the barrel forward of the gas block if you wanted to minimize whip.  Even an A1 profile 1/8 with Melonite would be excellent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like something do-able.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What we will have is an 18" Flame Barrel, while more expensive, it will actually come in at just slightly less weight (plus look bad-@ss).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the fast reply Nathan, looks like I'll pick up this barrel in the next month or so for an SPR style build.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey Nathan, do you know for sure if the new LW is a 14.5 or a 14.7?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey Nathan, do you know for sure if the new LW is a 14.5 or a 14.7?
View Quote

Currently in production as a 14.5, but not too late to change it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Not really going to make a difference to me, but it might to others...  Although I can see it might affect my FH/Comp selection.

I say just keep it moving.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Can you please add a slight chamfer to the OD of the muzzle end.  My 16" LW had a very light nick on the corner that transitions from the threads to the muzzle face, which appears to be a result of how sharp the edge was machined, resulting in a thin edge.  Adding a slight chamfer would prevent that on future production runs.

Wes
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can you please add a slight chamfer to the OD of the muzzle end.  My 16" LW had a very light nick on the corner that transitions from the threads to the muzzle face, which appears to be a result of how sharp the edge was machined, resulting in a thin edge.  Adding a slight chamfer would prevent that on future production runs.

Wes
View Quote

Done and integrated into all future production.

Thanks for the feedback! How's it shooting?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Any plans on offering a 14" Barrel without the Gas block shoulder?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any plans on offering a 14" Barrel without the Gas block shoulder?
View Quote

Can you please elaborate. Sorry, but not sure what you are asking for?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is a example.  Barrel is the same profile .625 around the gas block before slowly tapering thicker to rear of barrel.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Any plans for a .625 lightweight gas block?  I see you guys make a .750 version.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any plans for a .625 lightweight gas block?  I see you guys make a .750 version.

View Quote

I like this idea in a clamp style instead of set screw!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here is a example.  Barrel is the same profile .625 around the gas block before slowly tapering thicker to rear of barrel.
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd382/mhinvest70/CIMG00581426x1069.jpg
View Quote

Aha! Thank you.

No, we really like the shoulder for mounting purposes. However, we do put a relief radius in front of it to ensure the the gas block actually seats in directly to the shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are (about 3-4 weeks to in-stock status).

They will mirror the current design.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent I will plan to order the LW 14.5 and .625 gas block when they are released.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Freddie from Robar Arms just sent us these two targets, both from their upcoming PolymAR-15 with polymer uppers and lowers. Both shot from cold barrels using 77gr BTHP.

.57" with the 16" Faxon Pencil

.442 with 18" Faxon Socom

Accuracy may (of course) vary with your chosen bolt, receiver, headspace, etc.

Check them out at http://robarguns.com/

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Well Nathan, you hooked me.  
I told myself I was gonna hold out until after Shot Show but I just took the plunge on a 16" 416-R Stainless SOCOM barrel based off of the reviews I've seen here.  
I've got an Aero M4E1 upper that's lonely and didn't figure the availability was gonna get any better if I waited!  

Looking forward to putting it through the paces.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well Nathan, you hooked me.  
I told myself I was gonna hold out until after Shot Show but I just took the plunge on a 16" 416-R Stainless SOCOM barrel based off of the reviews I've seen here.  
I've got an Aero M4E1 upper that's lonely and didn't figure the availability was gonna get any better if I waited!  

Looking forward to putting it through the paces.
View Quote

Saw the order come through a few minutes ago. Should ship out tomorrow Fed-Ex Ground. I would expect arrive next Tuesday based on normal delivery schedules.

Thank you for trusting us and we are sure you will love it.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top