Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 6:52:44 PM EDT
I decided I need another lower or two. Like many I have accumulated uppers and need to make some dedicated matches. Anyway I am seeing stripped lowers as low as $50. Bushmaster & DPMS particularly. Are these mil-spec or even quality lowers? Of course I have to get parts kits but I have stocks and triggers already. I am on a tight budget so if these are quality parts I may just pull the trigger on a couple.

I appreciate any input
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I built a blem Anderson lower into an beater A1 clone thing.  Their lowers are ok for the $$$.   Assembly was fine, pull trigger goes bang.  I am tempted to grab a few more just to have, but I think I want to stick to Aero, spikes, or Mega or one of the top tier brands.  Fit and finish is usually a bit nicer on them.  But if you are looking for cheap lowers, the anderson's are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually get the Aero Precision blem 3-pack (still looking for the blem on most)...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usually get the Aero Precision blem 3-pack (still looking for the blem on most)...
View Quote

^^ a good way to go

or the PSA blems are always great
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Best bang for buck right here.  1st quality Aeroprecision $49.99

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Best bang for buck right here.  1st quality Aeroprecision $49.99http://shop.doasales.net/AERO-PRECISION-MULTICAL-LOWER-RECEIVER-X15.htm

View Quote

Aero is probably one of the best in the price range.
and i
Just ordered one thanks Lug1 that link saved me about $20 .
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got PSA and Anderson, both 100% and cheap.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]
What makes an Aero - or any other - better than a Bushmaster? Both forged from 7075 aluminum. Both milspec dimensions & coating. I am not arguing... I am trying to understand what makes one better than another, no matter what brand.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What makes an Aero - or any other - better than a Bushmaster? Both forged from 7075 aluminum. Both milspec dimensions & coating. I am not arguing... I am trying to understand what makes one better than another, no matter what brand.
View Quote

The picture on the side is the only difference.  Anderson is the cheapest because it has a horse that most people find ugly. Aero has a cool airplane wing
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Well theres the forging company that makes the forging. Theres only a few of those... Then theres the company that machines it.  The Machining part is whats important.  Aero is a better company IMHO than Anderson. Ive built both, NON Blems that is, Aero's are tighter.

You can see here Anderson cuts their own lowers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPSUNYELbE#t=94

and in this statement, Aero Cuts theirs too. http://aeroprecisionusa.com/aspx/general/faq.aspx

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an Aero Precision multi cal stripped lower with Rock River parts kit on the way. Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have an Aero Precision multi cal stripped lower with Rock River parts kit on the way. Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I really appreciate it.
View Quote
awesome, you wont be disappointed with that combo.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The picture on the side is the only difference.  Anderson is the cheapest because it has a horse that most people find ugly. Aero has a cool airplane wing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there is the fact that aero has an industry page and actually PAYS to advertise here.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 5:03:14 AM EDT
[#14]
It is common knowledge that Anderson is the cheapest "mil spec" (and it IS) lowers you can get (as of today). Their is NOTHING wrong with Andersons, and they are GTG. If you are concerned about the logo, or you just want to throw your money away, by all means get a more $ lower.
ETA: the logo could be worse... instead of the Anderson "sea horse" logo, it could be the awful PSA "Dualing Dildo's" logo. Nothing like having two big cock-n-balls on your lower, right? haha. I refuse to by a PSA lower to this day due to their disgusting logo (roll mark).
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I refuse to by a PSA lower to this day due to their disgusting logo (roll mark).
View Quote
they are crossed cannons.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I refuse to by a PSA lower to this day due to their disgusting logo (roll mark).

Yeah, Spikes has the dueling dicks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought Spikes has the spider?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Just FYI I still have not received my lower. My FFL (for over a dozen years) says he never got delivery or notice. USPS says they returned it to seller after 3 weeks. MUCH back and forth with seller who bad mouths my FFL every Email and today PO says they are still holding it!

Seller says he will mail mine to a different FFL (already supplied) after its returned. He's had my money 5 weeks. Why should I wait for him to get a claim with USPS settled? Wouldnt you want your paid for merchandise? Ive told him just stop already on the blame thing. I dont have my merchandise. HE chose USPS and I am stuck in the middle without my stuff.

No names..I am not vendor bashing..Just asking...am I out of line demanding he send my stuff?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just FYI I still have not received my lower. My FFL (for over a dozen years) says he never got delivery or notice. USPS says they returned it to seller after 3 weeks. MUCH back and forth with seller who bad mouths my FFL every Email and today PO says they are still holding it!

Seller says he will mail mine to a different FFL (already supplied) after its returned. He's had my money 5 weeks. Why should I wait for him to get a claim with USPS settled? Wouldnt you want your paid for merchandise? Ive told him just stop already on the blame thing. I dont have my merchandise. HE chose USPS and I am stuck in the middle without my stuff.

No names..I am not vendor bashing..Just asking...am I out of line demanding he send my stuff?
View Quote

Hell no you aren't out of line. I got pissed off at UPS today because they delayed my shipment of my SOPMOD stock. If it was a lower this was happening with, for this extent of time i'd be whistlin dixie.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got another email. Not only is he not going to take care of me, he is going to issue a refund. So I am without money OR product and because he believes the USPS over my FFL I am hosed. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. Here I am stuck in the middle and he is doing everything he can to not take care of me.

Soooo... it is DOA Arms. Buy at your own risk. Bobby Horne is a dishonorable businessman
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got another email. Not only is he not going to take care of me, he is going to issue a refund. So I am without money OR product and because he believes the USPS over my FFL I am hosed. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. Here I am stuck in the middle and he is doing everything he can to not take care of me.

Soooo... it is DOA Arms. Buy at your own risk. Bobby Horne is a dishonorable businessman
View Quote

Wow that's BS. Sorry man. Definitely go with a very well known distributor this time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top