Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 10:35:54 AM EDT
Any recommendations? It's going to go on a blemished PSA upper that I'm building from scratch. (5.56)

A couple I've seen (in stock):

20" Red X Arms, stainless steel, 1/8, $129, fluted is $159
20" Del-ton Pre-Ban Govt Profile, 1/9, $154 or $189 chrome lined
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't have any issues with the Del-Ton 20" Goverment Profile Barrel (free float configuration). The groups are far tighter at 500 yds on the FNH 20" Goverment Profile Barrel I got used as a takeoff. That said are you wanting the 20" barrel for velocity, accuracy, or "The Look"?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't have any issues with the Del-Ton 20" Goverment Profile Barrel (free float configuration). The groups are far tighter at 500 yds on the FNH 20" Goverment Profile Barrel I got used as a takeoff. That said are you wanting the 20" barrel for velocity, accuracy, or "The Look"?
View Quote

Pretty much just for the look. I want it to look like the A3 that I had in the Navy, except due to cost I had to go for a flat-top so it's going to be a budget A4 copy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link to Green Mountain Rifle Barrels. They seem like pretty good options.

ETA: JSE Surplus has two that I'm looking at as well (in stock).

Del-ton HBar, moly, 1/9, $150
DPMS Lightweight, moly, 1/9, $150

both come with FSB and sight parts
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

These.  I have a 18" from Green Mtn.  Very happy with it.  $193 shipped.  Seemed to be inaccurate at first, but it took about 250 rounds to break it in.  Now 2" groups at 100 yards is possible even with cheap ammo.  Good ammo would probably bring that down around an inch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top