Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2014 1:16:29 AM EDT
I was considering piecing my upper together not only to build a quality upper but to also learn in greater detail about my rifle. As i was sourcing parts I came across this deal which would would run me $428 shipped with their coupon. Here is the link to it: http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/product.sc;jsessionid=7D86530E7B787B61622C630D2D20C29B.m1plqscsfapp03?productId=409&categoryId=1
It is Alpha Shooting Sports 16" 5.56 NATO KM13 Upper, they do offer some upgradable parts at an additional cost but this price is out the door for the basic that offer.  

I have scoured the internet and only found a few reviews of their products.  With a company that has been in business since 2008 one would think that they would have racked up quite the reviews and what not on the internet either good or bad.  So with this being said I am leery about purchasing a product from such a company that has so little information out there.  Please any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your time!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I took a chance and ordered one with the 13" fde kmr. Took about a week to be delivered. It was built very well and ran great. I put 250 rounds through it without any failures and it was plenty accurate for having a standard 16" M4 chrome lined barrel.

The big selling point for me was it didn't have a FSB. My eyes are terrible and I need to use magnified optics now.

Pros for me:
Price
Build quality
Lightweight (came in almost a pound less than another M4 with Troy quad rail)
Plenty accurate for my needs.

The only con I can think of is I think they only have 1/9 twist barrels. Not a huge deal for me since I mainy shoot 55-62 grain ammo.

I was so happy with the first one I ordered a second one. The new one has a mid length gas system and recce profile. I ordered it Friday and it shipped Monday. It's out for delivery today. Not bad at all from CA to IN.

I say go for it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input ar15rifles so far you are the only one to give any real input.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input ar15rifles so far you are the only one to give any real input.
View Quote

Hey no problem. One thing I forgot to mention (not sure if it's posted on their site) is both of the uppers I purchased came with a small BCM keymod rail section. Nice little extra.

I think they sell a very nice upper at that price point. Much better than PSA in my opinion. You really can't go wrong with it while it's on sale.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Could you post up a few pics of your uppers... just various angles and what not

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:04:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Sent you an email TeegsGR
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the pics bud, really helped out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top