Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 5:51:51 PM EDT
ideally, a melonite 1x8 but maybe a 1x7.  Would be relocating gas port to pistol so I'd need the OD at the new port location to be >.625"

something CHF or mil spec I guess, though perhaps I shoudl avoid CHF since I'm going to have to get the barrel turned and maybe it has stresses??  

Thx
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a tough read.  So, is there no such thing as a 10.5 pistol gas barrel, instead of going through all that??

Curious, why not a carbine gas? Are you running a short handguard?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, it woudl be to accomidate a custom handguard.  yeah, a hassel admittedly.  I just don't want to pay to have the barrel also cut/threaded too is why I'm looking for a 10.5 medcon 1x8 w/ melonite or maybe chrome bore
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#4]
There we go, that aero barrel is a good deal!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hard to go wrong with that price!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I just bought a complete upper from them with one of those 10.5" barrels.  Shot it today for the first time, and was impressed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top