Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2014 2:41:34 PM EDT
My first choice for a barrel is Bartlein. I've scoured the internet and haven't been able to find a source for one except for the manufacture. I don't  mind buying a blank but if there is someone that sells a drop in Bartlein barrel, I would rather purchase from them.

My second choice is a match grade Shilen from Dtech, so far he seems to have the most reasonable price for a finished barrel.
The intent for this rifle is to shoot 70-77gr bullets at 300yrds and up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think so.  Compass Lake sells a drop in Service Rifle barrel, and can certainly make anything you want, and do it as well or better than anyone else.

I'd have Bartlein or Compass Lake build you what you want.  You already know it won't be cheap...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I did not find them when searching for a barrel.  Yes it's not going to be cheap, however I did  already buy the national match trigger from Geissele. I think I better pair it with a excellent barrel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a few Krieger barrels on bolt guns, never a Bartlein but I know they're excellent. There are plenty of very high quality barrels already on the market for the AR, the Ranier/Shilen UltraMatch being in the top of the heap. Noveske is another. I use a 14.5" Noveske LW to ping 4" steel plates, all day long @300, with my 75gr hand-loads. Bartlein makes great barrels but they won't do anything better then what's already available. Why go through the hassle?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few Krieger barrels on bolt guns, never a Bartlein but I know they're excellent. There are plenty of very high quality barrels already on the market for the AR, the Ranier/Shilen UltraMatch being in the top of the heap. Noveske is another. I use a 14.5" Noveske LW to ping 4" steel plates, all day long, with my 75gr hand-loads. Bartlein makes great barrels but they won't do anything better then what's already available. Why go through the hassle?
View Quote

Your right, I'm leaning towards getting a Shilen from Dtech and calling it good. I'm sure it will shoot better than I can ever.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#6]
What's Dtech, never heard of them?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Rainier's Ultramatch barrels are Shilen blanks.  Mine loves the 76gr Hornady bullets.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#8]
OP - you're in OR so why not give Noveske a call? If they don't have the exact thing you're looking for, they've been known to do some one offs, especially if you're local
Quoted:
I have a few Krieger barrels on bolt guns, never a Bartlein but I know they're excellent. There are plenty of very high quality barrels already on the market for the AR, the Ranier/Shilen UltraMatch being in the top of the heap. Noveske is another. I use a 14.5" Noveske LW to ping 4" steel plates, all day long @300, with my 75gr hand-loads. Bartlein makes great barrels but they won't do anything better then what's already available. Why go through the hassle?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Bartlien SPR barrel that came from Compass Lake Engineering.

If all you can find is the blank, you can send it to them and they'll turn it to the profile you want and chamber it to your liking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 16" 1:8 Shilen from Dtech and it is perfection.  Shooting 1" groups of a bench at 200 yards with a 6x scope and 60gr Nosler Ballistic tips.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Precision firearms email or call for Mark tell what you want and he'll quote you a price.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's Dtech, never heard of them?
View Quote

DTech Dedicated Technology

Good custom shop using Shilen blanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top