Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 12:34:57 AM EDT
I've read some old posts about it
What's todays preferred choice for pin and weld to make 16"?
The Vortex looks good but maybe the ping... and prongs can get bent?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has a bcm a2x
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
A2X because I prefer a standard flash hider. Its the same thing just .2 inches longer
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I like my BCM A2X
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my BCM A2X
View Quote

I went with that, thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the Smith Vortex.

I have to admit that the "ping" is indeed so loud and pronounced that fellow shooters elect to use their hearing protection.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've read some old posts about it
What's todays preferred choice for pin and weld to make 16"?
The Vortex looks good but maybe the ping... and prongs can get bent?
View Quote

Guns without suppressors tend to be noisy, so I don't pay attention to the "ping." As far as bending the prongs, I'm sure it's possible but it's going to take a lot to do it. I've never had that problem in many, many years of using a Vortex.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Voodoo Innovations is great if you think you might need to remove the gas block...

http://www.voodooinnovations.com/vdi-manimal-extended-flash-hider

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I think if you are going for a 14.5, in my opinion, you should run the best comp you can afford or something like a fsc556 or the surefire mbk556. since technology has changed in muzzle devices and new styles of shooting (dynamic) are evolving, again in my opinion I would want the least amount of muzzle climb/recoil. Ya there are those who say there is no recoil its just a 223 but there is muzzle climb. the better the break the more rounds you can get on target faster. my 14.5 with a pinned surefire brake has a midi gas system and it feels like you are shooting a 22 lr. very good for 3 gun or fast styles of shooting. I found that even the bcm gunfighter comp has quite a bit of climb compared to my surefire brake. but, like i said, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
When I had a battle comp it pushed the muzzle below poa on each shot and I had to recover up. That was harder than controlling the slight upward climb with standard flash hiders.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#11]
YHM phantom  does a pretty good job and is reasonable priced.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top