Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2014 2:15:01 AM EDT
As you all may know, this site has had its own branded billet lower and upper receivers for several years now. The lower looks like this:

What I disliked about it is it had the AR15.com website name on it in three different places. Including in fairly large font right under the bolt face logo. Well, with the help of you guys on this site, along with a poll in general discussion to show there was a desire, I talked AR15.com administration into producing a second style of billet lower (and upper) with minimal ".com" branding. They removed the .com name per request from underneath the logo, and they also removed the name from the ambi bolt release on the right side. Giving the lower a much cleaner look. The new version looks like this:

The upper is also available now without the .com name, also for a cleaner look. They produced 100 of the new lowers, and they have been up on the online store for about four days now. Last I checked there are 58 left. If your interested, when you go to the store you select the standard billet lower. You will notice all the pictures show the original lower. You must use the drop down to the right to select the "TX Edition" which is the new cleaner lower as shown below:

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks much better .
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove the picture/logo and I would buy one.  I actually considered buying one and having a body guy try to fill in all that crap but it is too expensive to jack with.

The first company that comes out with an ambi lower with only the required information printed discretely on the trigger guard or similar will make a killing.  I would probably buy a few.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They made it worse IMHO.

The selector stops are unnecessary and look stupid, and on both sides, it looks like someone rushed the design and tried to squeeze text in wherever they could, where are the original look very good, just like the magpul billet design.

The reason so many wanted the AR15.com removed from under the BFL was to make it "cleaner" looking, but the mentioned changes do the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They made it worse IMHO.

The selector stops are unnecessary and look stupid, and on both sides, it looks like someone rushed the design and tried to squeeze text in wherever they could, where are the original look very good, just like the magpul billet design.

The reason so many wanted the AR15.com removed from under the BFL was to make it "cleaner" looking, but the mentioned changes do the exact opposite.
View Quote

I do agree with the selector stops. In fact after the new lower was proposed I even mentioned to them that a lot of guys didn't like them, their reaction was "what would anyone have against selector stops?"  It was also in part to make it look closer to the original magpul lower that did have selector stops. To your point on the right side, I like the position of the text on the original lower, rather then being right above the pistol grip. However, I did not want to come off as aggressively picky when my main goal was to remove the AR15.com name from being written on the lower in three different places. I managed to get it removed in two places, which in my book is a win, even with the additional changes they made.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, but IMHO the lower went from being very a very sleek design to "busy"
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
They look great.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Remove the picture/logo and I would buy one.  I actually considered buying one and having a body guy try to fill in all that crap but it is too expensive to jack with.

The first company that comes out with an ambi lower with only the required information printed discretely on the trigger guard or similar will make a killing.  I would probably buy a few.
View Quote

Not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but you do realize the logo is part of the whole "Arfcom Lower" thing, right?

Maybe you should buy an 80% billet and do it exactly to your heart's content, or buy something like this.

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/ddles-vg-1-t2-billet-ar-15-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not trying to be Captain Obvious here, but you do realize the logo is part of the whole "Arfcom Lower" thing, right?

Maybe you should buy an 80% billet and do it exactly to your heart's content, or buy something like this.

http://www.blackweaponsarmory.com/ddles-vg-1-t2-billet-ar-15-lower-receiver.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guessed you missed the part where I said AMBI as in ambidextrous bolt and mag release.  I actually could even care less about the mag release but being able to release the bolt with my right index finger is nice.

Yes I am aware that several companies make an ambi lower, and all of those companies put huge logos on the side of them.  If one of them had a no logo option I would pick one up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
What does the right side look like, now, on the "TX Edition"; blank?

They moved the manufacturer, location, and caliber to the left side (which used to be on the right-side magwell). So where is the serial number?

Adding that text to the left side makes things so much more busy with the addition of the selector stops.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They moved the manufacturer, location, and caliber to the left side (which used to be on the right-side magwell). So where is the serial number?

Adding that text to the left side makes things so much more busy with the addition of the selector stops.
View Quote

There is writing squeezed below the fire control pins on the other side.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30099/67254.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30099/67254.JPG

Thanks for the pic. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Trust me I agree. All I wanted was for them to keep the lower the same, and remove the AR15.com name. Unfortunately they did that per my request, but then added things I did not request. Rather then piss them off by asking for additional changes, I let it go. I still like it more. I've also never understood selector stops.  Except for the ones at a 90 degree angle like on Knights lowers, at least then they are both functional.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trust me I agree. All I wanted was for them to keep the lower the same, and remove the AR15.com name. Unfortunately they did that per my request, but then added things I did not request. Rather then piss them off by asking for additional changes, I let it go. I still like it more. I've also never understood selector stops.  Except for the ones at a 90 degree angle like on Knights lowers, at least then they are both functional.
View Quote

Unfortunetly the lower now is nothing like the once highly sought after Magpul Billet lowers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:25:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One of KAC's SR15 selector stops is functional, it prevents the selector from rotated to AUTO.  If an M16 trigger group was installed, it wouldn't be able to rotate to that position

View Quote

But there's no reason for an M-16 trigger group to be installed in a semi-auto SR-15 lower. At least it gives the selector to stop against.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unfortunetly the lower now is nothing like the once highly sought after Magpul Billet lowers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so? The magpul lowers had selector stops. The only difference is where they put some of the engraved words. From 5 yards away you wouldn't be Able to tell the difference
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How so? The magpul lowers had selector stops. The only difference is where they put some of the engraved words. From 5 yards away you wouldn't be Able to tell the difference
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were sleek, these are anything but now. SO busy....
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#19]
The magpul lowers used 0-90 selectors, so the stops looked fine, but with a  45 degree selector they look retarded.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:33:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I get what you're saying. This was my original design request:

With that being said. I am grateful they were willing to offer a second alternative. And the original is still offered.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The magpul lowers used 0-90 selectors, so the stops looked fine, but with a  45 degree selector they look retarded.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_9906%201028%20WEVO%20Stick.jpg
View Quote

You don't have to use a 45 degree selector.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akethan/media/11112_zps26941b08.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/11112_zps26941b08.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_9906%201028%20WEVO%20Stick.jpg

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akethan/media/11112_zps26941b08.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/11112_zps26941b08.jpg</a>

once you use a 45 degree selector, you become adicted    
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep I have a couple with 45s. I thought I'd try Damage's new one.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I get what you're saying. This was my original design request:

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/Tengo1pics/27710.jpg

With that being said. I am grateful they were willing to offer a second alternative. And the original is still offered.
View Quote

I would buy this. I actually prefer the wall of text (of all the text needed) on the right-side magwell like on the original.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top