Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 2:21:00 PM EDT
Hello.

I wanted to share my recent positive experience with Rubber City Armory and Chris Cerino.

I purchased their Low Mass Bolt Carrier Group. I received it pretty quick,  installed it and went to the range. I shot about 150-175 rounds, adjusted  the gas block, aligned the sights and dialed in the scope. Then we took it apart to inspect for wear. My shooting pal, Bob noticed that the gas key was not staked and I should contact them to ask about it. So when I got home that evening, I sent them an email asking about it and within an hour I got a response from Chris Cerino saying  he is sending me a prepaid label,  to return it and he would take care of it. He also issued me a credit towards my next purchase.

So, if anyone is considering purchasing from RCA, rest assured they stand behind their products.

Thanks
Steve
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have made a few small purchases from them and have always been happy with their CS.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
So, the carrier key missing the four stakes entirely?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That is correct. No stakes at all
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Just an update to this, RCA replaced my BCG with a new one, properly staked, and shipped it very quickly. Absolutely no hassles, no questions, no pictures and no BS. They replaced it and I had my new one before they received my old one back.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Reviving this for my recent experience.

I bought one of their first run BCGs last year and my rifle never functioned correctly, FTE/short stroking.  A couple weeks ago I finally got access to another AR with a BCM BCG in it.  Swapped the BCGs out, my rifle cycled fine, the other rifle with my RCA in it did not.  So either a gas leak around the key or the fact the bolt didn't travel in and out of the carrier smoothly, like it was getting hung up on a burr or something (possibly resulting in a lot of the energy used to throw the bolt back being expended on it unlocking/rotating and not having enough to cycle afterwards).  Rather than try to diagnose it myself, I sent them an email with my issue and figured I'd let them sort it out.

Emailed them and Chris got back to me quickly, sent me a label and UPS picked it up.  They sent a replacement when they received mine and I received the replacement today.  Kinda disappointed...it's clearly used (nitride wore off on the rails) and pretty dirty.  Lots of excess oil.  More importantly, the gas key was not staked at all.  None of the 4 were present and there aren't any marks indicating it was ever attempted.

Who knows, maybe they sent me your old bolt. :)

Anyhow, I emailed them earlier, no reply yet.  I'll certainly update once I hear from them.  I'm not ready to shit on them yet, but I've been pretty easy going about things thus far and I expect better quality control out of a $250 BCG.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hello.

I wanted to share my recent positive experience with Rubber City Armory and Chris Cerino.

I purchased their Low Mass Bolt Carrier Group. I received it pretty quick,  installed it and went to the range. I shot about 150-175 rounds, adjusted  the gas block, aligned the sights and dialed in the scope. Then we took it apart to inspect for wear. My shooting pal, Bob noticed that the gas key was not staked and I should contact them to ask about it. So when I got home that evening, I sent them an email asking about it and within an hour I got a response from Chris Cerino saying  he is sending me a prepaid label,  to return it and he would take care of it. He also issued me a credit towards my next purchase.

So, if anyone is considering purchasing from RCA, rest assured they stand behind their products.

Thanks
Steve
View Quote

It sounds like all the negative press caught up with them and they have changed their attitude towards customers considerably. I love H&M, but RCA left a horrible taste in my mouth. I would be very happy for RCA to adopt H&M's CS policies and standards of product QA/QC. That would be nice. It sounds like at least one occasion that it's headed that way!

Here is how Cerino is known for handling CS issues in the past...

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap, that's one asshole response.  I'll never buy from RCA.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep in mind anybody can get a lemon, or have a bad CS experience. I've never received a "bad" BCG from any vendor.

Example from my collection (BCM HPT/MPI Auto / AIM v2 Nitride / PSA Premium / RCA):

Is some staking "prettier" than others? Yeah a little bit. But none of these are going to come loose. I'll break the bolt from high round count before that happens.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an RCA that I ordered last spring.  It has been gtg, properly staked, and no issues at all.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
A quick follow up on my non-staked RCA BCG issue.  Chris got back to me quickly and apologized profusely and was very candid about the whole thing.  The initial issue was gas leakage so he replaced the key on mine and pressure tested it but admitted to forgetting to stake it before sending it out.  He sent me a brand new BCG, which was properly staked and pressure tested, and told me to keep the other one.  I haven't had a chance to test the new one out (tomorrow, hopefully), but I suspect it'll be fine.  CC and RCA made everything right, they'll get more of my business in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top