Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 8:04:39 PM EDT
What is everyone's favorite barrel for a long range gun.

I'm looking for something moa or better, 18"  
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is everyone's favorite barrel for a long range gun.

I'm looking for something moa or better, 18"  
View Quote

I have a 18" Wilson Arms stainless bull barrel that's a hell of a lot more accurate than I am.

I know this because far better shooters than I have fired my rifle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using Rainier barrels of different flavors and have great results with all so far. That said I'm going to take a leap of faith and try one of the 16" lw profile s.s. barrels from v7 for my recce to see if I can shrink groups a little more and drop several ounces at the same time (no experience with the v7 barrels yet, but for the money I'm hoping it's as good as they claim and I have no reason to doubt them). I have a Windham barrel that shoots very nicely (sample of one and all that).

Pretty much don't buy one from some no name shack for 50 bucks or any used ones unless you can verify just how used it is, stick with known vendors and known manufacturers and you will most likely end up with a barrel that's at least as accurate as you with good ammo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]
IMHO this is the best 18" barrel you can get right now. Some folks may disagree, I know.

Noveske 18" SPR
NOTE: If you purchase this barrel, use code "facebook" for another 5% off.

I have the Noveske RECON barrel (16", SS, 1:7 Twist), the Noveske AFGHAN (14.5", SS, 1:7 Twist) and a Noveske CHF barrel (16", 1:7 Twist). With match grade ammo the SS barrels can achieve sub 1/2 MOA and the CHF barrels can achieve sub MOA.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go with the original... A Douglas.
View Quote

I like this from Compass Lake Engineering!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for CLE.

I bought a Bartlein SPR cut rifled barrel from them, which of course they finished and chambered with their CLE Match chamber. It is stupid accurate. Unbelievable. With 55gr Hornady FMJ reloads it just stacks them with great ease. I never could get any of my Noveske barrels to come close.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Id go with Noveske
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go with the original... A Douglas.

BINGO!! Nice folks w a great product... IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top