Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 8:46:28 PM EDT
Which would be the most clone correct? I have 2 LE6920 lowers that I could repurpose; one has the ''M4' rollmark, the other has the 'M4A1' rollmark. I guess the latter would be the most accurate, but perhaps not with an A2 stock. Or another receiver altogether for the mk12 if using the A2 stock?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They used M16A1 and A2 lowers with A1,A2, or Sopmod stocks.
Neither would be real correct so just use whatever You would rather or You could get a McKay with no roll marks.
I hate A2's on a mk12, I like the A1 on a Mod 0 and a Sopmod on a Mod 1.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this one is an A1, with an A1 stock and I guess that's an ergo grip.  I think.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think this one is an A1, with an A1 stock and I guess that's an ergo grip.  I think.  

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp5326%3B%3Enu%3D3235%3E392%3E252%3EWSNRCG%3D323758%3C9999%3B%3Cnu0mrj
View Quote

Yes.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]
So for mod 1s, they were not built on m4 or m4a1 lowers, just a1/a2? I figured the mod1s with a sopmod stock may have used a m4a1 lower...or that that variety may have been in place.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So for mod 1s, they were not built on m4 or m4a1 lowers, just a1/a2? I figured the mod1s with a sopmod stock may have used a m4a1 lower...or that that variety may have been in place.
View Quote
99.7% of the "in the wild" mod1 pics are a1 lowers with a1 stocks.

The .3% includes a UBR on an a1 lower, and a couple of sopmods and a PRS on indistinguishable lowers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

All of the ones I've seen are on M16 lowers, regardless of the stock used.  As someone else mentioned, most have fixed stocks, followed by SOPMODs, then UBRs and PRSs (I've seen a few of each, more than likely individual end user's selection)

If you want to be really authentic, you could pick up an NFA lower and a High Caliber Sales Upper (a couple of the guys who retired from Crane own the place.)  You'd also be in at least $20k, but more like $25k+ the way the NFA transferable market has been going.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not trying to pick up an M16 lower... just looking at options such as Nodak Spud vs 80% lower, etc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The .3% includes a UBR on an a1 lower, and a couple of sopmods and a PRS on indistinguishable lowers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the most clone kosher would be something like a Nopak Spud A1? I'm guessing gray and not black? What would be the most correct upper receiver then?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So the most clone kosher would be something like a Nopak Spud A1? I'm guessing gray and not black? What would be the most correct upper receiver then?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Black is fine.

And Colt is more correct for your upper. Although any A4 would be more than acceptable.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I was more joking than anything, unless of course you wanted to build a $26k MK12.  I certainly wouldn't hold it against anyone who wanted to do so

I've never used Nodak, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.  You can always get it engraved however you want.

Quoted:
I'm not trying to pick up an M16 lower... just looking at options such as Nodak Spud vs 80% lower, etc.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top