Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 5:40:18 PM EDT
Late to the party, but came in with style.

https://danieldefense.com/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v11.html

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, I kinda like it.  I'm thinking about keymod for my next build...just for something different.  I was wondering if DD would join the party.

Options are a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It appears to have great barrel ventilation but I prefer the KMR. But if Daniel Defense makes it, it will be top quality.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
derp post deleted.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I dig it. I'd be interested to hear the weight of the handguard itself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure it will be light, strong and superbly manufactured.  But, I actually prefer their Modular Float Rail (MFR) 12.0, and on the DDM4V7, not in small part because is is so strong and rigid, smooth in feel, and has slots for 45 degree mini-rail mounting, which this Key Mod seems to lack.

Ultimately it is a matter of function and taste.   I like being able to mount an accessory anywhere on the rail, including at 45 degrees without an add-on 45 degree offset mount.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dig it. I'd be interested to hear the weight of the handguard itself.
View Quote

Same here.

I caught that email about it this morning.

I picked up the Geisselle MK5 recently, the DD may be a bit slimmer

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
While it looks good, and will undoubtedly be strong,  they waited to long and will be competing with manufacturers with better designs.  They will be selling the rail based on brand recognition over any actual product superiority on this one.  They shouldn't have taken the "sit back and watch" approach.

Geissele did it right, and came out swinging.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it.  I wonder if it will ever be available separately?  It looks similar to their DD M4 rail, which is only available on complete rifles or complete uppers.  I also wonder how the weight compares to other offerings.  I'm almost kinda suprised they came out with it in a 15" version first instead of say a 13".  I assume other lengths will be available at some point.  It looks to have a built in QD toward the rear of the rail which is nice, but I'm not seeing one at the front.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#10]
It should be pretty decent. It looks like they took the new lite rail and just changed it to Key mod
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank GOD they made one cause the MFR is getting outdated, and especially since it gets hot, but there are no covers for it.

I like it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks nice. I wonder if they and BCM will start making Mlok rails.  Keymod is nice, but I highly prefer the appearance of the Mlok, and Magpul is actually charging reasonable prices for the Mlok accessories.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I love it and it will be replacing my RIS II rail as soon as it is available for purchase
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top