Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 8:14:33 AM EDT
Does anyone know why it's next to impossible to get a BCM 15" Keymod?  They seem to have the other sizes in stock but never the 15"

Been holding out for a BCM 16" lightweight upper with their 15" keymod but they're never in stock.  Gets me thinking might be time to move on from that and just get a 15" keymod from Mega or MI.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from Amazon a few weeks ago. Looks like they only have the 10 and 13s right now. I would hold
out for it if I were you, as it feels like you're holding Balsa wood it's so light. I'll bet Amazon will have it back before BCM.
GL
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably because they've only been out for like a month....
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably because they've only been out for like a month....
View Quote

I'd think if they just came out I'd find them around.

Any other decent 15" keymods I should consider?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone know why it's next to impossible to get a BCM 15" Keymod?  They seem to have the other sizes in stock but never the 15"

Been holding out for a BCM 16" lightweight upper with their 15" keymod but they're never in stock.  Gets me thinking might be time to move on from that and just get a 15" keymod from Mega or MI.
View Quote

Get on BCM's email alert for the 15" the first time they came up they lasted about 3 days which is pretty good for such a high demand item...
They were around after that on URG's only they lasted quite a while there until they threw in a Free BCG and Brake with 16" models

Wait them out they're worth it.....very light very strong with one of the best barrel nut lock ups in the business ...imo
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#6]
SLR Rifleworks is a fantastic option
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my Geissele Mk5 keymod more than my SLR solo Lite keymod.   The SLR has a nice low profile and the QD swivel cup functionality is a nice touch, but they skimp on mounting hardware (no included way to torque the barrel nut and no torque specs in the install instructions for the cross bolts or barrel nut) and the keymod slots are not quite to spec on the SLR, which was very disappointing.  A few keymod accessories won't fit, although most will.  Also the clamping design is much better on the Geissele.

The geissele installation instructions are far clearer and more robust than the SLR's business card sized instructions.  It really illustrates the difference in attention to detail between the two companies.  

Next time I'll try a BCM, but so far the Geissele is the one to beat.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my Geissele Mk5 keymod more than my SLR solo Lite keymod.   The SLR has a nice low profile and the QD swivel cup functionality is a nice touch, but they skimp on mounting hardware (no included way to torque the barrel nut and no torque specs in the install instructions for the cross bolts or barrel nut) and the keymod slots are not quite to spec on the SLR, which was very disappointing.  A few keymod accessories won't fit, although most will.  Also the clamping design is much better on the Geissele.

The geissele installation instructions are far clearer and more robust than the SLR's business card sized instructions.  It really illustrates the difference in attention to detail between the two companies.  

Next time I'll try a BCM, but so far the Geissele is the one to beat.
View Quote

My SLR solo doesn't budge. It's been dropped at chest height on every surface imaginable...kitchen tile, dirt, gravel, wood panel...I prop it up around the house and it falls sometimes and other times forced or intentional tosses.

No issue with subsequent poi or it becoming loose. I don't get the 'superior clamp design' crowd when real world tests produce no budge on an SLR (or geissele, likely).  Are 'less superior' designs moving around a lot? Falling off? Losing poi?

I do agree about needing better instructions though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top