Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2014 9:26:21 AM EDT

So many grips out there now days, its impossible to get my hands on all of them.
I have used a standard GI A2 grip for over 20 years, not that it is terrible but, I have used better.
Currently I have a Magpul MOE grip on my AR rifle... it's OK, I like the feel but, hate the rattle from the trap door.
I am looking for something with a better angle for my AR pistol; maybe some thing with some finger grooves and/ or more rubberized.

What do you find works better for you?
Is rubberized a good way to go or is it a gimmick in the AR realm?

I did find some nice links for pic and comparioson and thought I would share as well.

21 AR grips compared

AR grip comparison

I watch a good youtube video that talked about the grip degree and am looking into the actual "angle" a lil more.
http://youtu.be/vTgw-n9xdr8
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the MOE+ on rifles and the Magpul K2 on pistol/SBR builds
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a Hogue man. I like the texture and comfort. Run them on all my rifles.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#3]
UCWRG Grip 23 goes on all of my ARs.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the MIAD with the smooth front strap and the large backstrap. I also think the type of trigger guard is important. I like the MP winter trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I've tried a bunch and keep going back to the MOE. The newer MOE's don't rattle. I'm not really into AR pistols, maybe try the K2 if you like the MOE.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Accidental quote. Oops
Grips is grips. Whatever I find when I'm building is what goes on. Except the ones with a shelf on bottom. I have really big hands and haven't ever found one that was comfortable
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
MOE+ fan here
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I am looking into the Ergo grips and the ATI Scorpion grip right now.

Does anyone know what the 5th and 6th grips from the Left are, in the top picture?
Know what the others are but, not them two......

- found 5th one....
MFT Engage is the 5th from the left.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am looking into the Ergo grips and the ATI Scorpion grip right now.

Does anyone know what the 5th and 6th grips from the Left are, in the top picture?
Know what the others are but, not them two......

- found 5th one....
MFT Engage is the 5th from the left.
View Quote

MFT sells that one as well.  It's an Israeli grip, CAA I think.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I just switched from a MOE to a K2 on my pistol and the difference in feel is amazing.  Puts your wrist at a much better angle for holding the pistol closer
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I like my MIAD. but then again I also see nothing wrong with the A2 minus no door for storage
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I just tried a K2 for the first time on a pistol build and I love the angle and grip feel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like my MIAD. but then again I also see nothing wrong with the A2 minus no door for storage
View Quote

The MIAD was awesome back when they included all the different front and back straps and the one with the integrated trigger guard.  The new one is still good but not as good as before.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the BCM grips. I forget which ones I bought, but they are the more upright angle without any interchangeable pieces. I have two or three of them. Much less stress on my wrist.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I am just not a fan of magpul grips.... They are better than the GI A2 grip but, I dont like thier bottom plug and how it works and I am hoping to find another with a better feel and texture.

I think I have narrowed it down to the Mission First Tactical G27, or the  BCM Gunfighter Mod3, or the Ergo 4045.
now to see if the local shop has any on hand to try out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am just not a fan of magpul grips.... They are better than the GI A2 grip but, I dont like thier bottom plug and how it works and I am hoping to find another with a better feel and texture.

I think I have narrowed it down to the Mission First Tactical G27, or the  BCM Gunfighter Mod3, or the Ergo 4045.
View Quote

My only complaint is how hard it is to remove the bottom plug.  It pretty much requires a flathead screwdriver to push the tab in with one hand and your other hand to pry it out.  I never store anything in them for that reason
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My only complaint is how hard it is to remove the bottom plug.  It pretty much requires a flathead screwdriver to push the tab in with one hand and your other hand to pry it out.  I never store anything in them for that reason
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly.... waste to even have it there for that reason.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the USGI A2 grip, with modifications.  I cut off the finger nub with a hacksaw and smooth down the resulting stump with a file.  Wrap it with a piece of bicycle inner tube and it's done.  Simple, cheap and comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've gone thru a lot of grips over the years, (including the new more-vertical grips MOE-K grip, BCM and "grip of shame") and have come to prefer the Hogue overmold with beavertail.

Nice thing about grips is they are cheap and can be resold very easily. Buy a bunch in the EE and try them all, sell the extras after you find what you prefer.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like the BCM grips. I forget which ones I bought, but they are the more upright angle without any interchangeable pieces. I have two or three of them. Much less stress on my wrist.
View Quote

This. If you've been trained to use a short length of pull you'll appreciate the angle of the BCM. When shooting with a short-stock the wrist angle is a huge improvement over any stock-angle grip.  I prefer it over everything else and I've had an opportunity to try most. I use the MOD-0 because it gives the greatest access to mag and bolt-catch. I don't like grips that fill in the web of your thumb. That's great for trigger-reach but makes controls less accessible. For a fighting carbine I want to reach those controls easily.

grips that don't suck
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone own the Mission First Tactical (MFT) grips; either the Engage or the G27?
Are they made from the same material the Magpuls are made from or a soft rubber?

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed..... I've had several others and ended up trading them for hogues.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
UCWRG Grip 23 goes on all of my ARs.
View Quote

This with stippling!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#24]
MOE+ on my carbine. My trap door is virgin tight. No rattle at all.
Shot handful of pistols all with K shallow grip angles. I think these work way better for the intent of use.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I have owned a bunch of them one or the other was better at one thing or another. What I ended up with suits me and isn't even on your list. What I am getting at is you really have to try and decide it is a very subjective and that means personal preference there is no right or best when it comes to grips.

The reason this grip works for me it controls where my trigger finger falls on the trigger and which gives me more accurate shots faster.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:44:49 AM EDT
[#26]
BCM MOD3 for me, but wanna try the Magpul K2.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I have owned a bunch of them one or the other was better at one thing or another. What I ended up with suits me and isn't even on your list. What I am getting at is you really have to try and decide it is a very subjective and that means personal preference there is no right or best when it comes to grips.

The reason this grip works for me it controls where my trigger finger falls on the trigger and which gives me more accurate shots faster.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/machinework/_1012508_zps1fd1c00f.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/machinework/_1012517_zps60165541.jpg
View Quote
Modified AR into bullpulp?

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got a number different styles, Ergo, K2, Hogue, G27, etc. However, on my two HD guns I've got old-school Duckbills.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm a K2 fan for life!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I have medium size hands so I use BCM Mod 0 and MOE-K. Smaller = out of the way for manipulating safety & mag release.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#31]
For most users here, grip size and texture (and possible storage options) will be the biggest factors in their choice of grip.

However...

Folks who train a lot, or use their weapon on a daily basis for a living, will come to appreciate the more vertical style of AR grips.

Take any stock A2-angle grip equipped carbine and hold the rifle at the low-ready position for a while. Practice (repeatedly) bringing
the rifle up from low-ready to your shooting position. Do it a lot.

Now swap that grip for one of the more vertical grips and repeat the process.

I guarantee that your wrist will thank you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For most users here, grip size and texture (and possible storage options) will be the biggest factors in their choice of grip.

However...

Folks who train a lot, or use their weapon on a daily basis for a living, will come to appreciate the more vertical style of AR grips.

Take any stock A2-angle grip equipped carbine and hold the rifle at the low-ready position for a while. Practice (repeatedly) bringing
the rifle up from low-ready to your shooting position. Do it a lot.

Now swap that grip for one of the more vertical grips and repeat the process.

I guarantee that your wrist will thank you
View Quote

BCM MOD 1 is currently my favorite.

I have used Standard A2, ERGO, and Hogue.

Personally, a grip is a grip. If you are using your rifle for hours on end in training, just make sure the ergonomics work for you. Like the poster above has stated...
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#33]

B5 Systems P Grip 23

I started with the old A1 grip with my first AR Colt SP1 rifle and used it for around 13 years until I got my next AR which was an AR-15A2 Sporter II rifle with the A2 grip, the finger groove I don't prefer much because the bump always hits one of my finger.

On firearms that I use for combat practice, self defense, and competition I don't prefer any grips with finger grooves because when you grab it in a hurry the bump most of the time does not go between the fingers and it hits the fingers, when you adjust your grip you lose time.

With other sporting uses like slow fire bench, or hunting I'm OK with finger grooves, I've got more time to adjust my grip and I'm not worried about the wasted time.

For a more vertical grip I currently prefer the B5 Systems P Grip 23 which right now I'm only using it on my 9mm 16" carbine, which I had a Magpul K grip before but I did not like the thin width also it's not comfortable for me because of the small radius corners.

My only slight feature that I don't like about the B5 is the smooth texture, I might stipple mine next time if I have extra time.

On my other AR 5.56 carbines I prefer the Magpul MIAD grip, I could adjust the grip size from small, medium, to large by changing the backstrap, when I'm using thicker gloves I use the small backstrap.

I only have one A2 grip on my M16-A2 clone 20" rifle but sometimes I use my DuckBill grip when I get bothered by the finger groove.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone own the Mission First Tactical (MFT) grips; either the Engage or the G27?
Are they made from the same material the Magpuls are made from or a soft rubber?

View Quote

I just put a MFT Engage on one of my AR's. It's the same type of material as the Magpul. I'm not crazy about the the finger grips and the texture feels slippery.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I just put a MFT Engage on one of my AR's. It's the same type of material as the Magpul. I'm not crazy about the the finger grips and the texture feels slippery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know..... thanks.
I think I am gonna order a BCM Mod3 grip and a Hogue overmolded grip and see if I like one of them better than the MOE grip.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Tango Down BattleGrip B16 is the one that I use on my AR's. Tried a couple others and just prefer the angle and feel of the Tango Down.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#37]
K2 w/ a piece bike tube rubber around it

ftw

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I love the MOE+ on my scoped AR, and I just got done building a new lower with the K2 and it feels great for the purpose - pinned 14.7in red dot rifle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s146.photobucket.com/user/908ssp/media/machinework/_1012508_zps1fd1c00f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/machinework/_1012508_zps1fd1c00f.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s146.photobucket.com/user/908ssp/media/machinework/_1012517_zps60165541.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/machinework/_1012517_zps60165541.jpg</a>
View Quote

Beowulf X
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#40]
So I have the ATI Scorpion, BCM Gunfighter Mod3, and a Hogue grip coming......
I am sure one will replace the MOE grip on my rifle and one will go on the new AR pistol build.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Another one to add to the mix. The new MOE SL grip released yesterday has an angle between the original MOE and the more vertical MOE K2 grip.

http://cdn.magpul.com/images/uploads/265_1407_popup.jpg
View Quote

Nice!! BTW- did you guys ever start selling individual inserts for the MIAD grip? I was part of the discussion but dont remember the consensus?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I got my MIAD about two years ago.  It came with different front and back straps for different size users' hands and with and without the finger shelf or groove.   I really like that, some don't.   I don't know if it is still included.  The photos on Magpul's site don't show it in the kit, but it is in the description.

This is the best fitting grip for me.  The shape, size and texture are very good.  It can be modified with the front and rear inserts to fit just about anyone   I do like and use the storage compartment.  There are different bottom "door" configurations for different accessories.   There is no rattle if you just put some wadded up cloth or tissue paper inside.   I keep several little Allen or torx wrenchs and a small bottle of oil in there.   Very practical.

Here is mine.   Pardon the crappy cell cam photo quality.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I got my MIAD about two years ago.  It came with different front and back straps for different size users' hands and with and without the finger shelf or groove.   I really like that, some don't.   I don't know if it is still included.  The photos on Magpul's site don't show it in the kit, but it is in the description.

This is the best fitting grip for me.  The shape, size and texture are very good.  It can be modified with the front and rear inserts to fit just about anyone   I do like and use the storage compartment.  There are different bottom "door" configurations for different accessories.   There is no rattle if you just put some wadded up cloth or tissue paper inside.   I keep several little Allen or torx wrenchs and a small bottle of oil in there.   Very practical.

Here is mine.   Pardon the crappy cell cam photo quality.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/Mobile%20Uploads/636D5757-350E-4EEC-A238-4B875ECC95E8_zps7axmlw1u.jpg
View Quote

If youre talking to me I was talking about the storage inserts not the front and rear grip inserts sorry about the confusion. I own a couple MIAD kits and love them as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#45]
So my BCM Gunfighter Mod3 showed up today..... I REALLY like it.
End cap is much better than the MOE cap, fits the hand well and the angle is pretty sweet just holding it; will have to take it out and shoot with it after this weekend.
Waiting on the Scorpion and the Hogue to arrive but, I am pretty sure this will take the place of the the MOE grip on my Stag.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok so I love the angle of the BMC Gunfigher grip but, I like the finger grooves of the Scorpion grip.
I have the Scoprion grip on my AR pistol now, but the angle is worse than the MOE grip and even an A2.

Is there a grip with both the finger grooves and the straighter angle of the BCM?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, but I shoot squared up and elbows down. I also have some MIADS and ergo grips (ergo is a bit better) but the angle of the bcm is better.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#48]
BCM mod 1 or Umbrella grip
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm trying the Tubbs (Superior Shooting) black grip, it's called the "uptight".   My hands are not large, and I think this one will come to fitting me the closest.  You can also use a dremel tool if it need a little touch up to fit you hand.

Be sure and watch the video !!!!!!

I've never been disappointed with anything I've purchased from him, and hope this is the same.

B-F
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top