Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 3:13:15 PM EDT
List,

What is the best buttstock for a Colt 6940 for quick approach and deliberate distance shooting?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a toss up between blackhawk and tapco
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I LOLD... SOPMOD
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
With the varying views, it's going to be more of what works best for the shooter.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just use a stock M4 stock.  SOPMODs are really comfortable.  Magpul CTRs are pretty well liked.  A perfect lockup honestly doesn't mean all that much when you are shooting though.  You can look through the pic threads and see which stocks are popular.  I wouldn't even waste you money unless you just are completely turned off by the factory stock.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Personal preference.

Have you checked out the AR basics forum yet?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_3/128_AR_Basics.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
How much adjustability do you want (& which directions)?  How much weight added will you tolerate?  Do you need storage space for something?

Fixed stocks have less wobble, but the friction locks on Magpuls and tight tolerances on higher end stocks typically make a solid setup with minimal wobble.

The answer depends on your needs and how you plan to use your rifle - distance shooting is a relative term (with a 6920 vs. a RECCE build, I doubt you are going past 400 yards very often).
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a few I like, but the one I like the best is the EMOD.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I would run a BCM  B5 on it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]
B5 OR LMT SOPMOD!!!!

But really, it's all personal preference.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea it's one of those things where your going to have to try a bunch and go with what you like.

I have a rra operator a2 and the fixed moe magpul stock . I'm not big on adjustable stocks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I am back to sticking with the old A2. Might be a cavarms brand, I'm not sure since I got it used...I'm done with fancy adjustable stocks. The LOP of an A2 is just right for me, and I like the little cargo area inside it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the standard M4 stock, the LaRue RAT, and the B5 Sopmod.  I like the Sopmod the best as far as cheekweld and comfort go.  LaRue wins with the ingenuity of the cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I run LMT sopmod's on my 6940's
Tried the CTR, Bravo B5, Rogers SuperStock & M4 stock i feel it balances best with the LMT sopmod
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#14]
For a fairly cheap, small , and light stock with Storage.....  Vltor ModStock.  You may have to find a used one on the EE average cost is $40-50 shipped.

For a fairly light weight stock that locks up tight and is fairly short.....Magpul CTR These do not have storage, but that's not a deal breaker.

For a heavier stock with storage and is a little longer but overall a really comfortable one....... SOPMOD or B5 Sopmod.

I am personally a fan of the Vltor, and have it on two of my rifles, but I also have B5 Sopmods on two of my other rifles because they are very comfortable to shoot.  Some people have complained about facial hair getting stock in the Vltor storage tubes, but that has yet to happen to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Magpul ACS, it's the only adjustable stock I run. I like all the storage it gives(I use every inch of it), cheek weld, the friction lock is nice on my SPR when I'm precision shooting, and most importantly I like the looks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Magpul ACS, it's the only adjustable stock I run. I like all the storage it gives(I use every inch of it), cheek weld, the friction lock is nice on my SPR when I'm precision shooting, and most importantly I like the looks.
View Quote

My favorite as well for the same reasons. I also recently bought an STR and like it a lot......not as much as the ACS though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#18]
LMT sopmod

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Picking the best stock for you and your intended purposes are mainly a personal preference and don't forget to also balance your rifle front to rear, a very heavy front would feel heavier than when it's more balanced.

Myself on my lightweight front carbines which I use mainly for dynamic shooting I prefer a lighter and narrower width stocks like my M4, Magpul CTR and B5 Bravo SOPMOD.

On my heavier medium or heavy contour barrels with rails I use heavier and wider stocks with storage compartments like my Vltor Modstock, IMOD and EMOD.

Here's a good article to read about how to select stocks but it doesn't have the latest newer stocks in the market.

AR15 Buttstock Considerations - link

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Well.....duh!!,,...the obvious answer is basically anything VLTOR makes.

J/K.  I personally like the IMOD and EMOD, but there are so many good brands and choices there isn't a "best".  That being said, a good place to start looking would be any of the suggestions you've gotten so far.  They are all very good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#21]
VLTOR EMod...

I got both the EMOD and the IMOD, they work perfectly.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Personal fav's are: Magpul STR and B5 SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the funniest shit I've ever read
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think UTG or NcStar are best for "quick approach shooting"
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slidefire.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the standard BCM M4 milspec stock (gen 2) they have on their website. It's just a straight up M4 stock that is nice and tight and looks good. Plus it's probably the best deal at $25, which is one reason why I have a couple.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Slidefire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slidefire.

Ooh yeah.  With a Tac-Con trigger.  And a BAD lever.  And a laser.

That would be like a super assault machine gun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Either of the B5 stocks are now what I run on my rifles.  I had Magpul STRs, but found out the hard way how much a anti rotational QD socket actually helps.  If Magpul would start using anti rotate QD sockets I probably buy their stock again in the future, but until then, B5 systems for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#29]
It's 100% personal preference, my friend. Personally, I'm going to be a lifetime vltor stock buyer. I just got their ARM-2C rifle stock, and I could literally fall asleep on it. And the extra cheekweld adaptors for varying facial structures was a nice bonus from vltor. I don't use them, but it's a nice thing to have if you don't like the cheekweld that comes with the stock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Either of the B5 stocks are now what I run on my rifles.  I had Magpul STRs, but found out the hard way how much a anti rotational QD socket actually helps.  If Magpul would start using anti rotate QD sockets I probably buy their stock again in the future, but until then, B5 systems for me.
View Quote

good to know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top