Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 3:00:27 PM EDT
So after planning on the BCM KMR 9" for my first SBR build I learned it has anti rotation tabs which means a no-go for billet uppers.

After much research (no wait more like 30min of learning that most decent short rails have anti rotating tabs) I have stumbled upon the Knights URX 4 rail that has an 8 incher.

Anyone have this rail of any length and like it?  Can anyone recommend any decent rail for a 10.5" barrel that works with billet uppers and is lightweight?  Being light is my key factor for this SBR.  I do plan on using a suppressor in the long run and yes I know they weigh upwards of one pound.  I am trying to offset this weight in other areas.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I don't have any advice for you yet, but I just ordered the 8.5" URX 4 and the 7" NSR yesterday for my Noveske 8.2" blackout build.

You should look at the Noveske NSR 9" for your build, it is also keymod and super light.

What silencer will you be using on this rifle?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:22:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Planning on using the specwar with a brake underneath for silencer life.

Edit : I looked as the noveske NSR and it doesn't say it comes with a shim kit?  Does it not need one?  I've never dealt with a barrel nut of that style.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe it does not need shims because it has the mounting holes all the way around the nut. Just torque it down, and if it is slightly off torque a tiny bit extra.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The URX 4 uses shims to mount to the upper receiver. Personally speaking, I've handled the KMR, NSR, and the URX 4...while all of them are perfectly fine rails, I happen to prefer the URX 4. That may sound a bit biased, but the actual diameter of the URX 4 (1.68") is what fits me the best. The URX 4 8.5" comes in at 9.2 oz.
View Quote

Shims are fine, my first (and currently only) AR uses the seekins BAR.  9.2oz is only slightly more than the 9" NSR with barrel nut.  However I am a simple guy and something about the URX 4 just draws me in.  Not to mention keymod at the 45degree positions.  Now all I need is a picture of a rifle with titanium grey cerakote receivers/URX4 rail!

Edit :  What online retailers carry KAC products?  I am having trouble finding KAC products to purchase online.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Edit :  What online retailers carry KAC products?  I am having trouble finding KAC products to purchase online.
View Quote

Check out Operationparts.com  or you can order direct from KAC.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aim Surplus is where I got my URX 4 8.5" for $269 and free shipping.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:03:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys for the heads up on Aim Surplus and Operation parts.

Having to install the gas block / tube after installing the rail seems awkward to me but I guess it can work as long as the holes for the set screws aren't covered up by the bottom of the URX rail.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top