Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 8:43:36 PM EDT
Is there a big difference between charging handles? I see all kinds of different prices but they all seem to look very similar. What is a good charging handle for my 300 blk build? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Rainier Arms Raptor. It's my favorite.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What is better or different with that handle than most others that are about half the price? First build, so I don't have any experience with charging handles.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I've had Mil-Spec, PRI, Badger, and BCM.  The Raptor is the best I've ever used (for everything other then a Suppressed AR).

Do some searching on Google and YouTube to find out why.  Basically it is stronger, smoother, and better designed then a standard CH or anything else.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1

I've had Mil-Spec, PRI, Badger, and BCM.  The Raptor is the best I've ever used (for everything other then a Suppressed AR).

Do some searching on Google and YouTube to find out why.  Basically it is stronger, smoother, and better designed then a standard CH or anything else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Mine is an 8.2" suppressed 300blk. Does that change things? Is there something better for suppressed?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mine is an 8.2" suppressed 300blk. Does that change things? Is there something better for suppressed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

I run a Raptor on my 8" suppressed .300, zero gas face.  Once you use one you'll be spoiled.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4. It is half the price. Is this Raptor really that much better?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember the first day of a carbine class, the instructor was going over clearing the chamber.  Rifle at the shoulder still up on target, shooting hand on the grip, left hand working the charging handle.  

Someone was being too gentle, so I heard, "No one's broken on yet, rip that bitch back"

I like the BCM medium Gunfighter, it has a good grip surface, and I doubt if it will ever break.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was looking at the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4. It is half the price. Is this Raptor really that much better?
View Quote

It's all personal preference. The Raptor is an ambidextrous handle which some guys like to use for charging with their off-hand (which is why I went with the Raptor). BCM makes some great pieces as well, including an ambi model. You're going to get mixed/biased recommendations based on what each person is using on their rigs. To say that one is better than the other is opening up a can of worms. The majority of members in here either use the Raptor or BCM-both solid investments. Find one that suits your style/needs
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]

LOL JK

SLR Renegade is pretty sweet

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:46:13 AM EDT
[#11]

So ball detent instead of a latch?  No reason it shouldn't work I guess.  But that thing looks all kinds of stabby in your ribs  What do they run?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#12]
$64.99 direct from SLR.

I would assume you'll be able to find them for $50 or so once other retailers start stocking them, the same way everyone sells the Raptor for less than Rainier does.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Raptors are pretty good.  I still run a lot of BCM's as they are significantly cheaper.  Most of my BCM's I bought for ~$25-$30.  I still use a PRI gas buster with my suppressor.  I only have one Raptor.  It's pretty sweet, but I'm not going to ditch 10-15 BCM's and drop the money on that many Raptors.        

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Another Raptor fan here...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Raptor.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Raptor.  I love mine.  I got it about a month ago at dsg arms for $69 looks like they are back to $85 though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Raptor.  I love mine.  I got it about a month ago at dsg arms for $69 looks like they are back to $85 though.
View Quote
Labor Day sales aren't too far off...  

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Raptor.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Raptor. I ran bcm's for a while but after I ordered my first raptor and felt the difference I sold off the bcm's. The raptor is just too comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Raptor
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Raptor FTW
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the BCM mod4....very nice.  No need to pay more.

Why pay less when you can have a Raptor at twice the price.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a couple of Raptors, but I'm about to pull the trigger on the SLR CH.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Well some would say it's how much you pay for it. You know, "you get what you pay for", saying?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]
raptors and BCM gunfighters here. the raptor is my favorite
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I own standard, BCM GF mod 4, BCM GF mod 44 (ambi), and a raptor. And I have to say it is a toss up between the ambi Raptor and the ambi Mod 44. I think I prefer the mod 44 out of those 2 though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#28]
If your using a surpressor, I suggest the charing handle for the end of times.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I use on all my AR's.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Your question is which is the best.... the answer is RAPTOR.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Raptor.

BCM would be my next choice.

Primary Arms has Raptors $20 off.

Dave N
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#32]
The best non ambu CH is BCM, but the best ambi is a Raptor.

I have used both and the BCM breaks in/smooths out faster.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I just ordered two more Raptors. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I've tried them all and was never really impressed, until I got a Raptor. Nothing else even comes close in function, fit and finish.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I came here to ask if anyone had any experience with the Armageddon
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got two of the GSM-15's and I'm very pleased with them.  I loved the Raptor but was getting significant gas to the face with my Surefire can.  Getting zero gas with the GSM and I feel it works equally as well as the Raptor as an ambi.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I had only used BCMs medium and large.  Based on this thread I tried the raptor, now it is all I will buy. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:18:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Threads like these would be much more interesting if the question was "Who makes the second best charging handle?" since the obvious and almost unanimous decision for the "BEST" is the Raptor. Literally every single person I shoot with who has tried a Raptor thinks it is hands down the top dog and bought one shortly after trying it out...even my buddy who is the cheapest SOB on the planet has one..

BCMs ambi Gunfighter would be my second choice. It is a great CH and seems very durable. I would definitely trust it to do the job and last for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:23:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Threads like these would be much more interesting if the question was "Who makes the second best charging handle?" since the obvious and almost unanimous decision for the "BEST" is the Raptor. Literally every single person I shoot with who has tried a Raptor thinks it is hands down the top dog and bought one shortly after trying it out...even my buddy who is the cheapest SOB on the planet has one..

BCMs ambi Gunfighter would be my second choice. It is a great CH and seems very durable. I would definitely trust it to do the job and last for a long time.
View Quote

You are correct.  Everyone who has tried the Raptor prefers it to all others.  Just like mounts, everyone who has tried a Bobro knows they are superior to everything else.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Just got two for the bday and bought a 3rd for myself.  I had the LMT extended latches which are nice.  They can be backups, except I don't think the Raptors will ever fail.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I have three Raptors now, but I just ordered the SLR ambi handle to try out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#42]
+1 for the Raptor, but I'm a southpaw so it's obvious why I like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top