Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 4:24:47 PM EDT
I just ordered a 20" upper, M16 bolt, and a standard LPK from PSA.  What kind of shipping time have you guys experienced from them?

UPDATE:  Just received two shipping notices this morning.  Ordered on the 21st of July, shipping notices on the 26th.  Estimated delivery 31 July.  Fingers are crossed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
It varies.  For me, it's ranged from one to six weeks.  When ordering from PSA, shipping is not the only thing to worry about.  They tend to screw up orders left and right.  They've sent me the wrong items multiple times.  Heck, they even screwed up an electronic gift card by adding one too many zeroes to the gift card number.  I mean, come on....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered from them 4-5 times, love their products but their service is lacking, better than it used to be though.

I ordered an upper and lpk from them in October of 2012, took over a month to get and they never did get everything right even after 2 more packages and half a dozon emails.

The have sent me the wrong item once, a CTR stock instead of a MOE, they forgot something else though so I figure it evened out.

I ordered another LPK from them earlier this year and received it in about 11 business days, I just ordered a stripped lower and it came in after 11 business days also.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've ordered from them 4-5 times, love their products but their service is lacking, better than it used to be though.

I ordered an upper and lpk from them in October of 2012, took over a month to get and they never did get everything right even after 2 more packages and half a dozon emails.

The have sent me the wrong item once, a CTR stock instead of a MOE, they forgot something else though so I figure it evened out.

I ordered another LPK from them earlier this year and received it in about 11 business days, I just ordered a stripped lower and it came in after 11 business days also.

also.

View Quote

I was hoping the people who had the worst experience had ordered during the panic and PSA had gotten somewhat sorted out.  I clicked the button on the 21st of July and the order is still showing pending.  Have not been charged either.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been getting stuff in 7 to 10 days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

e had ordered during the panic and PSA had gotten somewhat sorted out.  I clicked the button on the 21st of July and the order is still showing pending.  Have not been charged either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

e had ordered during the panic and PSA had gotten somewhat sorted out.  I clicked the button on the 21st of July and the order is still showing pending.  Have not been charged either.

I've always been charged immediately, sounds like something isn't right.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
For

Ev

Errrrrr
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
2 separate orders over the past month, a complete upper order and a lower and misc order about two weeks later. The first took 8 days to my door and the second order was delivered today and I placed the order 9 days ago on the 14th.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually wind up cancelling my order before they get around to shipping... and I am more patient than most.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
1-6 months, with an average of 3 months + 5 or more emails

And we're talking IN STOCK products.  I'll never order from them again.  I'd rather pay $20 more at MidwayUSA and get it in 3 days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
well my first purchases took maybe 3 weeks to get to my door. last purchase was on the 4th of july sales and was at my door in like 5 business days. it just depends how they feel. once its in the mail its good but its the wait for them to get it out the door is the problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
My last order was just shy of a month for delivery. Also had to spend 30+ min on hold in order to be able to speak with customer service.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For

Ev

Errrrrr
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm still waiting on my order from the 4th of July weekend.  But that's OK, I'm not sure I remember what it was anymore.  I have probably bought it somewhere else already.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#14]
My buddy got an upper in 14 (real not biz) days back in June.  The upper I ordered from them last year took 19 days.  Few smaller orders placed over the past year have only taken about a week.  I just ordered from both AIMsurplus and radical for the first time last week and both orders are still showing "processing" on "in stock" parts orders.  So I was not aware if these others get dogged as hard as PSA for the same nonsense or if I am an anomaly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#15]
First time i ordered a NiB BCG...came within like 4-5 days...second time, i ordered another NiB BCG and a couple lower parts kits...the kits came in like 5 days and after 2 weeks of no contact on the BCG i emailed them...they answered and sent it out and i got it in like 7 days later.

Third order was 2 stocks and anther parts kit...received confirmation of order then nothing for 2 weeks...i emailed and asked, no response and i got the items in another 4 weeks...

Fourth order....oh wait, there is no fourth order cause i dont do business with companies like that....customer service for me is 50% of the sale...you dont want to hire adequate staff to support your business...plenty of other companies out there that do. Dont even look at their webiste now for sales...lowers i buy locally from a smaller guy here in OKC...uppers i order from a couple other online companies...all of which get me the products in a reasonable amount of time AND answer email questions in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I've ordered 4 times (I think)

First order was last year was a LBK and bolt took about a week and half.  The next order was a cheap LPK took about a week and half.  Then a shotgun took a week. Then recently end of June ordered 2 lowers took 3 weeks.  Seems recently its gotten worse since the new system got put in place.  They do have some bad CS but every time I speak to someone they are nice.

But recently AIM has been getting there LBKs and LPKs and it only costs $6 to ship so I've been going that route.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Honestly OP it's easier not to order from them than worry about their ship times if it's something that is important to you. I've had only bad experience with PSA. Though they do have some deals, I'd rather spend a buck or two more and get what I order in a reasonable amount of time.

Like another poster mentioned: there are far too many other companies that have great customer service, nominal ship times, and great prices to even look at PSA anymore. I don't even browse their website now because I've found other vendors that are more reputable and responsive.

Companies that I've had great dealings with are:
AIMsurplus
StagArms
PrimaryArms
SilencerShop
Brownells
CMMG
JoeBobsOutfitters
BravoCompanyUSA

So ask yourself... Why even shop at PSA?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
PSA is OK, not great, not bad, just OK.  Their shipping times in my experience is SLOW. I mean REAL SLOW. 3 weeks atleast to shipping times. If you need it now or tomorrow go somewhere else, PSA is just NOT an option due to that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#19]
My first few orders from PSA were received with 5-7 days on the ammo I ordered.  Later purchases I made took much longer and I was double billed on a few.  Products - price are ok ,but  service leaves a lot to be desired. I have basically stopped purchasing from them due to the poor customer service I have been experiencing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#20]
The one time I ordered from them it took several weeks to get the item but at the price it was worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
PSA is OK, not great, not bad, just OK.
View Quote

I respectfully disagree.  By the amount of negatives I've read and heard, they are horrendous.  They have what appears to be absolute piss poor automated streamlining processes for anything that takes place after the purchaser clicks "submit order."  But I'll continue buying from them because they're usually cheaper than most other gun retailers.

Can anyone name another gun company that has more complaints against it?  Yes, compliments can be found as well, but that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about "complaints."

Screw PSA...now I'm off to their site to look for a range bag.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I respectfully disagree.  By the amount of negatives I've read and heard, they are horrendous.  They have what appears to be absolute piss poor automated streamlining processes for anything that takes place after the purchaser clicks "submit order."  But I'll continue buying from them because they're usually cheaper than most other gun retailers.

Can anyone name another gun company that has more complaints against it?  Yes, compliments can be found as well, but that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about "complaints."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA is OK, not great, not bad, just OK.

Nope.

What does it say about a company that can read all these posts just like the rest of us yet still does nothing to improve.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#23]
My order was delivered this afternoon error free.  Everything looks perfect.

I just need to find some time to go and do some shooting with it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For

Ev

Errrrrr
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Ordered 556 and 9mm from them on the 4th of last month.  Got the 556 this week but still waiting on the 9mm.  Why do they sell it if they don't have it??????
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why do they sell it if they don't have it??????
View Quote

Why pay the bills with your money, when you can pay the bills with other people's money (interest free)?

When you pay them upfront for an online order that won't ship for another 8 weeks, you're basically giving them a 2 month interest free loan.
Multiply that by who knows how many unshipped orders, and imagine how much "borrowed" money they have in their bank account at any given time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:28:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why pay the bills with your money, when you can pay the bills with other people's money (interest free)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I got my order in 4 days minus one part, no idea when that's coming but it's only a trigger guard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've been getting stuff in 7 to 10 days.
View Quote

This is my experience also.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

When you pay them upfront for an online order that won't ship for another 8 weeks, you're basically giving them a 2 month interest free loan.
Multiply that by who knows how many unshipped orders, and imagine how much "borrowed" money they have in their bank account at any given time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top