Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 3:50:27 PM EDT
So I've got all my stuff I need, just deciding on a barrel now. Money isn't an issue but I do not want to spend it if theres something just as good for same price! I need you guys expertise!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I hunt with a Core Rifle Systems in 300BLK. I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Length? Supers or suppressed subs?  Sure there are quite a few manufacturers with decent barrels, but if you're adding a can I would spend the extra money for quality.

AAC or Wilson would be nice.   Noveske too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I got an 8" aero recently. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Length? Supers or suppressed subs?  Sure there are quite a few manufacturers with decent barrels, but if you're adding a can I would spend the extra money for quality.

View Quote

I have a 556 SBR. I want to keep this 300blk 16" so I don't have to SBR it. It'll be my hunting gun so going out of states is possible and I don't need to wait for NFA approval. Supers but mostly subs. I have a SDN6 coming in 8 months so...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive heard of other brands too that people like. Rainiers, WIlson, Aero, KAC, ect...

I was thinking rainier or noveske. Considering my upper and everything else is noveske labeled....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aero got some nice looking stuff! Its just I've never gotten a hold of any of their products. I see alot of their stuff on facebook but never really show you where to buy them.... I don't know anyone that owns any aero stuff
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Aero got some nice looking stuff! Its just I've never gotten a hold of any of their products. I see alot of their stuff on facebook but never really show you where to buy them.... I don't know anyone that owns any aero stuff
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can buy right from them.

They are also a big eom manufacturer. Even if something doesn't say aero you still know people who have stuff they made.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a 556 SBR. I want to keep this 300blk 16" so I don't have to SBR it. It'll be my hunting gun so going out of states is possible and I don't need to wait for NFA approval. Supers but mostly subs. I have a SDN6 coming in 8 months so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you've already got a SBR lower and plan on shooting mostly subs with a can then a 16" barrel doesn't make sense.  The 300blk is a great round when combining these three variables:  SBR, sub sonics and a suppressor. Remove any one of those three variables and there is another caliber out there that does the job better. A 9" barrel with the SDN6 and subs it where it's at.   You've got two of the three variables already, so now you just need to get a short barrel
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#9]
For a 16" barrel you will be hard pressed to find a better deal than a barrel from SOTA arms.  Great price ($140) and it is a tack driver.  I know a lot of people that shoot them, including myself.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you've already got a SBR lower and plan on shooting mostly subs with a can then a 16" barrel doesn't make sense.  The 300blk is a great round when combining these three variables:  SBR, sub sonics and a suppressor. Remove any one of those three variables and there is another caliber out there that does the job better. A 9" barrel with the SDN6 and subs it where it's at.   You've got two of the three variables already, so now you just need to get a short barrel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thats because I have 2 AR15s. One is SBR and other isn't. The SBR alreayd has a colt mk18 556 upper on it. The other ar15 is a m&p15 and I was planning to sell the upper to somewhat fund the 300blk upper. Thus why I want to keep 16" and plus, its easier to travel if needed with a non-NFA product.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For a 16" barrel you will be hard pressed to find a better deal than a barrel from SOTA arms.  Great price ($140) and it is a tack driver.  I know a lot of people that shoot them, including myself.
View Quote

I'll do some research on them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well thats because I have 2 AR15s. One is SBR and other isn't. The SBR alreayd has a colt mk12 556 upper on it. The other ar15 is a m&p15 and I was planning to sell the upper to somewhat fund the 300blk upper. Thus why I want to keep 16" and plus, its easier to travel if needed with a non-NFA product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thats because I have 2 AR15s. One is SBR and other isn't. The SBR alreayd has a colt mk12 556 upper on it. The other ar15 is a m&p15 and I was planning to sell the upper to somewhat fund the 300blk upper. Thus why I want to keep 16" and plus, its easier to travel if needed with a non-NFA product.

Gotcha. In that case, scrap the 300 and get a 16" ARP 6.8x43
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol! Only reason I going 300blk is I have bunch of 223 factory loads thag I plan to shoot in my colt then pick up and reload 300blk cause I ain't paying $1 a round.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#15]
For supers I recommend a pined and welded Rainer Arms 14.5.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:23:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lol! Only reason I going 300blk is I have bunch of 223 factory loads thag I plan to shoot in my colt then pick up and reload 300blk cause I ain't paying $1 a round.
View Quote

I'm sure you are aware of the process to convert the brass.  It isn't too bad but does require some steps.  I only went with a 300 since I already was into SBR's and had a 308 can.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Get a pistol length gas system IMO.  I have a 14.5" pinned.  If money is no excuse get a Noveske as they are the only ones I know of that has pistol length gas 14.5".  I have a Alpha Shooting Sports 14.5 that I got on sale.  It shoots good but isn't no Noveske.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#18]
14.5" pinned? That's one thing I don't like. If I had it pinned, I would have to stick with that same spec for the rest of the pinned life. I'm not too picky about 1.5". I got a 12" rail so it won't look that bad. I like to take off the mount every 5k or so and clean the mount. I also like to have varieties of suppressors so I mix and match mounts and suppressors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top