Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 2:12:39 PM EDT

Thinkin about a Geissele trigger, an SSA to be specific, however I am having difficulty justifying the $210 price tag. What makes this such a good upgrade compared to the milspec trigger in my ar? Sway me either way...

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Geissele SSA-E at Trading places pawn for $184 shipped.  Enter code 10 off at checkout.

You will like it so well that if you have another AR lower, you will buy another SSA-E a week later.  Ask me how I know
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I won't say that they are the best triggers, as there are a few manufacturers that I really like.  However, I don't think you will find a trigger in an AR that is smoother.  Depending on the model, they are extremely crisp, as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with everyone that says that once you buy one you will buy one for all your rifles. In fact I found myself with more Geissele triggers than ARs recently lol. I haven't tried a lot of the newer triggers that have come available but I have tried a Timney, Spikes Battle trigger, SSA, SSA-E, Hispeed Match & DMR, and of course the mil spec.

My favorite all around would be the SSA-E, or the DMR.

The Match is superb for prone or bench shooting, although I have used it for hunting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
buy a G2S, it will feel the same as a SSA, they can be found for around $130. I think a nice trigger is worth it. The ARs I own with stock trigger only get shot by my friends.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele SSA-E at Trading places pawn for $184 shipped.  Enter code 10 off at checkout.

You will like it so well that if you have another AR lower, you will buy another SSA-E a week later.  Ask me how I know
View Quote

I have a couple Geissele and a couple others.  You will put them in all your AR's, face it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Once you shoot a good two stage trigger with a safe first stage and a light, crisp second stage, you will never want a milspec trigger again.  The Geissele SSA and SSA-E have become the standards by which two stage AR triggers are judged.  If you shoot a lot of paper targets for tight groups or do precision shooting and still need the safety of a good first stage, the SSA-E is superb.  If you do more tactical training and less precision shooting the slightly heavier SSA may be better.  Well worth the price.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Geissele SSA-E at Trading places pawn for $184 shipped. Enter code 10 off at checkout.

You will like it so well that if you have another AR lower, you will buy another SSA-E a week later. Ask me how I know
View Quote

Order placed Thanks for the encouragement fellas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top