Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 5:57:30 AM EDT
I was on the 1911 Forum (can I say that here?) and noticed a thread for American Spirit Arms out in Scotsdale, Arizona.  I remember seeing some ads for them in Shotgun News a bunch of years ago.  And I also remember hearing a lot of negative comments about their customer service.  But I understand that since about 2007, they have a new owner who shows a much friendlier attitude.  Plus I never heard of any disappointed customers regarding product quality.

And I noticed that ASA was featured as the cover story on a recent issue of Home Defender magazine.

Anyone have any recent dealings with this company?  Good/Bad?

Thanks.

S4F
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#1]
These guys are good to go. They went above and beyond to help my agency when we needed to order parts for our agency rifles. You won't go wrong dealing with them. John
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I live about ten mins from their shop. I went in recently to have them help me with an assembly issue. The guys there were extremely helpful and knowledgable. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if they had what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The new owners are real good, but I do miss all the entertainment of  Bob yelling at customers, telling you your are retarded, locking you in the shop when you get pissed to leave. And the ARCOM's that provided me with hours on entertainment with their stories of dealing with Bob.

The new owners are good, but they are really boring.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new owners are real good, but I do miss all the entertainment of  Bob yelling at customers, telling you your are retarded, locking you in the shop when you get pissed to leave. And the ARCOM's that provided me with hours on entertainment with their stories of dealing with Bob.

The new owners are good, but they are really boring.
View Quote

They really should have changed the name to distance themselves from the reputation of the previous owner.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
A few months ago I ordered an offset pivot pin for my Colt AR15.  ASA makes the pin, it's worked fine for me and they gave free shipping on it.  I'd gladly do business with them again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of your inputs.  I bought a flip-up rear sight (4-aperture) from them a few years ago and have been very happy with the options it gives me on a carbine of mine.  But I haven't bought an entire gun from them yet.  I like their logo on the side of the mag well.  And it seems that the products are good quality, and the employees are very helpful and easy to get along with.  An ASA AR just might be the next AR that I  buy.

Thanks again for the comments.

S4F

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top