Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2014 10:59:21 PM EDT
Hey guys just wanted to share a link selling these barrels for less than $200.00 with free s/h, they have 4 different offerings, I ordered 2 for myself and wanted to share a great deal for anyone in the market for good quality barrels.

http://www.deltateamtactical.com/Barrels_c_103.html
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Rrrrrriiiight..... Nice first post, not!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey guys just wanted to share a link selling these barrels for less than $200.00 with free s/h, they have 4 different offerings, I ordered 2 for myself and wanted to share a great deal for anyone in the market for good quality barrels.

http://www.deltateamtactical.com/Barrels_c_103.html
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not in any way associated with this company, wish they paid me to share their link!! I was simply sharing a great deal on barrels, see for yourself, if not move on.
Anyways I thought ar15.com is about sharing and gaining knowledge from one another? Guess you two jokers are just not one of them?!
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not in any way associated with this company, wish they paid me to share their link!! I was simply sharing a great deal on barrels, see for yourself, if not move on.
Anyways I thought ar15.com is about sharing and gaining knowledge from one another? Guess you two jokers are just not one of them?!
View Quote

Keep in mind and no offense intended...

Shilling has been tried NUMEROUS times on AR15.com.

Usually by someone with a low post count.

Your first post being a link to a "bargain"  by a Vendor is a Red Flag for most members.

If you are trying to just be helpful, please realize how it looks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your first post being a link to a "bargain"  by a Vendor is a Red Flag for most members.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks great feedback. It's totally understandable how it sounded but no shilling going on here, this is the first I've joined a forum but has read and seen what people has posted for quite sometime now, yup any businesses out there will take advantage of free advertising but again I just wanted share an awesome deal coz I was excited about the savings.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I placed an order for this barrel when the above link was posted.  The item was on sale and listed as in stock. My card was charged the next day, but was not given any shipping information. After almost a week and many unanswered phone calls, I was told the item was not available and was given a refund. This was my first experience with Delta Team Tactical and will be the last.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I called and asked if they would do a backorder on the 16.5" barrel with a rifle length gas tube. They said yes, at the price listed I couldn't say no.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
When did you call?  Here is what I got his morning.

Hi Hunter660, I have refunded your credit card $169.99 for the 16.5 Voodoo barrel. Voodoo did not send them to us on our shipment and my boss got into it with them today. I apologize for this happening and there is nothing I can do to get anymore of these barrels right now.

Dave

Sincerely,
DeltaTeamTactical.com
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#10]
HUGE thanks for the heads up.

I originally spoke with a woman who said she would have ???? Call me back. I received a call the next day and he said they would allow a back order but it could be one - two weeks. He also gave me a coupon code that dropped the shipped price to $162 and change.

I'm going to try and get in touch today with them.

Again, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how much better these barrels handle compared to a 16 middy. At that price I may just order one to find out.

View Quote

So are these good to go at the above link?

ETA: I called them, and the guy who answered(Dave) said "Yes" they have them in stock, and if I ordered today it would get shipped today, or tomorrow. So I ordered one!

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
They charged my card.  I'll update when I get a tracking number.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They charged my card.  I'll update when I get a tracking number.
View Quote

They charged my account as well. Will also update when tracking gets here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Im in for what could be some awesome ice arms-esque fuckery. Woooooo
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Something rather strange going on here.....

When I called Delta Team Tactical a guy called "Dave" called me back and said they couldn't get the barrels, he took my name and information to cancel the order.

O.K., a couple of hours later I called Polymer80, I spoke with "Dave", he took the order, and then upon looking at my name and address he asked if we had talked earlier in the day, but then said he would have to check stock and call me back. I'm now waiting on that call, BUT, WTF is going on here?

Just now the link to the barrel is "no worky"

Coincidence ? Twilight Zone ?

I'm thinking no

I'm guessing that Polymer80 & Delta Team Tactical are one and the same!

Check out how similar their web sites are
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#16]
The above poster talked to Dave I had the same feeling.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#17]
AND, Polymer80 has charged my Credit Card.

This is going to get interesting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder where the OP is?
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

When I called Delta Team Tactical a guy called "Dave" called me back and said they couldn't get the barrels, he took my name and information to cancel the order.

O.K., a couple of hours later I called Polymer80, I spoke with "Dave", he took the order, and then upon looking at my name and address he asked if we had talked earlier in the day, but then said he would have to check stock and call me back. I'm now waiting on that call, BUT, WTF is going on here?

I'm thinking no

View Quote

Delta Tactical is located in Orem, UT. 84097, and Polymer80 is in Vacaville, CA. 95688. A lot of these pop up shops use the same e-commerce website builder. In this case both are using 3dcart e-commerce software. I'll bet there are thousands of other sites exactly the same.

I'm not worried.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Delta Tactical is located in Orem, UT. 84097, and Polymer80 is in Vacaville, CA. 95688. A lot of these pop up shops use the same e-commerce website builder. In this case both are using 3dcart e-commerce software. I'll bet there are thousands of other sites exactly the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking no

I checked Delta Tactical on Google Earth Streetview, it's a woman's shoe store.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder where the OP is?
View Quote

We should at least give him props for bringing the price of the barrel to our attention. Shill or not, it got us looking for the same deal somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking no

Now that is interesting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't feel warm and fuzzy.  We will see I guess.  I sent Dave from Delta Tactical a message asking if they are the same shop.  I know the 1-800 number listed on Delta's page is an answering service for multiple companies.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, hopefully we three didn't just get fucked!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm hoping they did not get me twice!
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Check you account statement to see what the reference is. Mine says "DAVID BORGES". If it's the same shop both transactions will most likely have the same reference.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Where is the reference?
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Dave Miles is who I talked to at Delta Team Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If so, misery loves company

I'm waiting on the money to be returned to my account from Delta.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm starting to think it's a coincidence.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think it's a coincidence.
View Quote

I hope you're right.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you ordered from Delta at the first link?  Yeah, they don't have anything.  I'm waiting on a refund too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#33]
O.K. It appears it may be nothing.

I received a call from Polymer80. They said they are shipping my barrel out tomorrow.

In addition I have an order confirmation email from them.

HUGE coincidence.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
O.K. It appears it may be nothing.

I received a call from Polymer80. They said they are shipping my barrel out tomorrow.

In addition I have an order confirmation email from them.

HUGE coincidence.
View Quote

Awesome. That's right in line with what he told me. Hopefully he'll get all three of them out tomorrow.

I had a feeling it was just a coincidence. Pretty weird to say the least.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Delta is a distributer for the other place.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Too damn many Dave's
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#37]
But getting to the Voodoo Innovations 1.32 pound barrel...

This will be the first 16" or longer build I've done in YEARS!  Up to this barrel I've been going 14.5" with High Temperature Silver Soldered muzzle devices.

I'm leaning towards..

GoGun Titanium Muzzle Brake - 2.2 oz (I'd rather have the SJC Titan but it's too heavy)
Syrac Ordnance adjustable gas block
Bravo Company KMR 15" rail

That's all the further I've thought this through so far.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I think for this build, I'm gonna splurge, and get the 2A upper/lower lite set. I like my BCM KMR 13", but not sure I like the materials, or the coating on it. It's real fragile, and chip very easily. So, for this build I'll proly go with the MI 12" SS KMR which is only .7 more oz., and can be saved in other places.

As far as muzzle. I might actually go with the BCM comp. this time. They're light, and from what I gather, they work pretty well. Not cheap, though. May actually even pick up a Boomfab carrier.

ETA: I have a Syrac Ord. clamp on gas block, and like it a lot. But one thing I really hate about it is the fact that it cannot be adjusted very easily after having been shot through. Carbon builds up in it, and binds up the screw.

With that said, I'll go with one of SLR's blocks. Love em'! I have two .625 clamp on Sentry 6 blocks. Nothing stop you from adjusting these things. Carbon isn't a problem, and the blocks can be cleaned when/if it becomes a problem. Customer service is tier 1.

You can't clean the Syrac, and I won't mention the customer service. Or rather, the lack there of.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a VooDoo low mass BCG on the way and a Hipertouch 24C trigger.  I plan to order a SLR gas block and gas tube as soon as I get a tracking number for the barrel or they announce a 4th of July sale.  Not sure from that point.  I do not own a billet lower and had planned of doing that on my next build.  I really intended to use an ambi Mega and the MKM extended rifle upper, but now I'm considering lower weight options.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Talked to the guy at Poly80.  It sounds like there is an issue with the barrel and that is why they are not longer available.  This is what he told me.  They are putting an insert in the gas port to make the hole smaller and there have been some issues with the feed ramps.

There are no barrels available until Adam's Arms does another run on them.  He is crediting my card for the charges.

I guess the search is back on for another lightweight barrel.  I guess that puts me back to looking at a mid gas system.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Talked to the guy at Poly80.  It sounds like there is an issue with the barrel and that is why they are not longer available.  This is what he told me.  They are putting an insert in the gas port to make the hole smaller and there have been some issues with the feed ramps.

There are no barrels available until Adam's Arms does another run on them.  He is crediting my card for the charges.

I guess the search is back on for another lightweight barrel.  I guess that puts me back to looking at a mid gas system.
View Quote

I'm calling TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!! we are getting the run around on this.

Link to Voodoo Innovations website

If they have pulled these barrels, why does the MANUFACTURER still list them in stock?

As soon as I post this I'm calling Voodoo Innovations.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#42]
No answer at either Voodoo Innovations or Adams Arms.

I left my number.

On a side note, Delta Team Tactical has NOT credited my account back as of this time

No communication of any type from Poymer80

As the old saying goes "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Well, when you have Two (1?) companies selling a barrel that retails for $299.95 for $169.95 something ain't right.

If I don't hear anything by midday tomorrow on the "refund" from Delta Team Tactical I'm calling my bank to dispute the charges, then I'm going to call Polymer80 and see what song and dance they have.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I have not received a refund from either place, but was told it would take 2-3 days to show up.  At this point I do not doubt that.

I also tried to call Voodoo and left a message.  I also sent an email.

Here is my theory on the matter:

1) The two companies have a connection somewhere.  They either know each other, share a warehouse, owned by the same person, or something.
2) I THINK they got some blem barrels from Voodoo and were selling them cheap.  Stock ran out before they realized it and sold more than they had.
3) After selling out, they found out there were no more blem barrels and did not want to lose money selling the good ones.

It's either this, or other companies are making a killing selling voodoo barrels and voodoo's quality is crap.  Which sounds more likely?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I just cancelled! BS!!

ETA: I don't know what the hell is going on with this shit. But "Dave" at Polymer80 claims they ARE associated with Delta Team Tactical. He wouldn't say how, but it sure sounds to me like they're the same shop.

He also asked me not to mention Polymer80.com to anyone online! Sounds pretty fishy to me, and so I'm mentioning it!

I'm thinking this may turn in to a dispute with the bank to get my money back!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#45]
However, on top of all this, VooDoo has not been very responsive answer questions on this forum.  I'm really starting to question the company as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Voodoo = Adams Arms  -----  Adams Arms = Voodoo
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#47]
So you think buy the barrel from one of the trusted places or look for something else?  I don't think there is another sub 1.5 lb barrel out there, let alone a 1.3 lb one with rifle gas.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know, man. That barrel looks pretty sweet, and it's also the first 16" rifle length I've ever seen. If you can find that barrel at a respectable price post a link. I'll do the same. I will say, though, that Voodoo has been really hush hush about their shit for some reason.

Which kinda makes me leery to deal with them. If I had more information on how well that combination works. It wouldn't be a decision, but with no reviews, reports, or anything fairly useful about the barrel. Paying any more than what we just got screwed out of is a risk IMO.

I just received my cancellation email. Just now.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't know, man. That barrel looks pretty sweet, and it's also the first 16" rifle length I've ever seen. If you can find that barrel at a respectable price post a link. I'll do the same. I will say, though, that Voodoo has been really hush hush about their shit for some reason.

Which kinda makes me leery to deal with them. If I had more information on how well that combination works. It wouldn't be a decision, but with no reviews, reports, or anything fairly useful about the barrel. Paying any more than what we just got screwed out of is a risk IMO.

I just received my cancellation email. Just now.
View Quote

Ditto.

I'm back to thinking that they ARE the same outfit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I've found them for around $200 from REPUTABLE vendors.

I'll post a few links when I get home.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top