Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 10:28:54 AM EDT
Hi all new to the site and pretty new to AR platform. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried a hydraulic buffer and how they work. When I say how they work I dont mean I need a break down on what its doing, I'd like to know are they dependable? Does it noticeably reduce recoil? Thanks for your time and thoughts.
Also please dont turn this into a "if it aint broke why fix it" Pc commando topic. Im just looking for facts from people who have used or are currently using these buffer systems
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they reduce recoil / muzzle climb, BUT they tend to break / leak.

Good idea, bad execution.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger that Im all for reliability so no go on the hydraulics thanks for saving me some cash
I guess my next question would be, would a heavier buffer and spring bring recoil down noticeably?  If so any suggestions as to what brands are reliable? Im currently using stock buffer and spring in a Colt 6940.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I run the Wolff XP action spring on all of my AR's
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Again Thank you for your time and insight. I just placed my order for the Wolff Extra Power Buffer Spring excellent price as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I second what Pursult said, they work well, but break. I have one, endine buffer, and have had one break. So it sits in my parts bin. I also use Wolff XP springs in Vltor A5 tubes and run the heaviest buffer that will cycle. This will have a pretty noticeable effect on the recoil impulse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top