Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 4:17:12 PM EDT
What is the good the bad and the ugly? I'm looking at the Samson 15 inch, Midwest 12 inch in fde and CMMG in 14 inch. I have this whole FDE thing going on but I guess I could paint or have a black rail. The Midwest is the only one in fde from the factory. I don't want a rail that goes all the way to my flash hider on a 16 inch barrel the Samson 15 might be too long.

What are the good bad and ugly of each?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The bad... the MI Rail in FDE is not even close to being FDE.

The ugly ... Almost a "goldish" color.

The good .... it's a great rail.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a CMMG rifle with the keymod rail on it for a few months. Never shot it before I traded it off, but FWIW I though the rail was very high quality and looked pretty damn nice.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone have other opinions of these?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with MI for its weight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I would probably go with whichever one is lightest.  I've been happy with my MI SS and SS gen 2 rails, and I think their SSK is the lightest after the BCM KMR, so I'd go MI.        

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Felt the MI yesterday, so impressed, bought one for my daughter's AR. But, just installed a KAC URX 4 on a dedicated 9mm AR, which really is the tits in my lowly opinion. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved my SS12G2 rails and now I love my SSK!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top