Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 11:12:43 PM EDT
For my next build I am thinking about getting the BCM KMR 14.5 middy BFH light weight. Would the light weight barrel profile be good for heavy use in training and classes? Keep in mind, it wont be babied, and will be ran hard. Should I stick with Govt/standard Profile or will the light weight BFH hold up for this kind of abuse?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
For my next build I am thinking about getting the BCM KMR 14.5 middy BFH light weight. Would the light weight barrel profile be good for heavy use in training and classes? Keep in mind, it wont be babied, and will be ran hard. Should I stick with Govt/standard Profile or will the light weight BFH hold up for this kind of abuse?
View Quote

It'll hold up just fine.   But, it will still heat up faster and cool more slowly vis a vis a heavier profile so your shot groups may spread out more (maybe like an inch or two) when it's hot.  Other than that it should be just fine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The LW is the same as gov't from the chamber to the gas block.  The gov't is just heavier out by the muzzle where it doesn't do you any good.

The LW will be better for training since you'll likely be toting the damn thing for days at a time.

Most training classes turn into bullet-hose fests about halfway through the last day anyway.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It'll hold up just fine.   But, it will still heat up faster and cool more slowly vis a vis a heavier profile so your shot groups may spread out more (maybe like an inch or two) when it's hot.  Other than that it should be just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with plouffedaddy on everything except the cool down slower....pretty sure with less mass it should heat up faster but also cool down a bit faster than a barrel with heavier mass...

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree with plouffedaddy on everything except the cool down slower....pretty sure with less mass it should heat up faster but also cool down a bit faster than a barrel with heavier mass...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

heat up / cool down, same principle...physics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top