Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 4:33:17 PM EDT
Is it possible to get a lower that has the info inside the lower and not on the outside? I saw some nice lowers that I like but I hate the god awful company logos or the white/red lettering.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
i think atf regs require it to be displayed on the outside.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it possible to get a lower that has the info inside the lower and not on the outside? I saw some nice lowers that I like but I hate the god awful company logos or the white/red lettering.
View Quote

You can only accomplish that if you machine the receiver yourself.  Federal regulations for licensed manufacturers require the serial number and other information to be "conspicuously placed", which ATF has interpreted to mean on the outside and not covered by anything.   Some manufacturers have used the front of the magazine well.

About the least noticeable place a manufacturer could probably get away with marking an AR receiver would be on the area inside the trigger guard.  I don't know of any manfucturers who do the marking there, though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can only accomplish that if you machine the receiver yourself.  Federal regulations for licensed manufacturers require the serial number and other information to be "conspicuously placed", which ATF has interpreted to mean on the outside and not covered by anything.   Some manufacturers have used the front of the magazine well.

About the least noticeable place a manufacturer could probably get away with marking an AR receiver would be on the area inside the trigger guard.  I don't know of any manfucturers who do the marking there, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a shame. So many good lowers ruined with COD logos lol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the "blank" lowers from NoDak Spud.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PSA does a Stealth lower with minimal markings.
View Quote

As does Spikes
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
ATF as no problem with you putting your name & info under the triggerguard.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
JC weaponry has mega make them lowers and they are minimally marked, just JC Weaponry AR-15 and the serial number
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
80% lower will get you what you want, check out psdtactical.com
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Take a look at Range Tool . I just ordered one from them the price was great just hope the fit and finish are great also
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for all the feedback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top