Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Message
cityhunt3r
Offline
Posts: 22
Feedback: 100% (2)
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:48:15 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Float-RAS-Handguard-Quad-Rail-System-/251056594312?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a74239d88

anyone have any expericne with these.. they are soo cheap! free shipping too.. so tempting...
jBoy723
NFA Stamp Collector..
Offline
Posts: 5689
Feedback: 100% (12)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:53:08 PM
I personally wouldnt take the chance. You can find great deals here on the EE. I picked one up just like it for $100 a year ago.
Freedom is not Free..
bdawg998
Jack of all trades, master at none.
Online
Posts: 3593
Feedback: 100% (70)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:57:52 PM
Your keyword is cheap. They aren't inexpensive, they're cheap. I'm sure they're probably made on China. You can buy an American made YHM rail for about $100. I have experience with cheap China made rails and would never buy one again. I learned my lesson and only buy quality american made products for my firearms.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."----George Washington

Tennessee Squire
doc_Zox
Apple Certified Lazer Printer Repair since 1993
Offline
Posts: 11667
Feedback: 0% (0)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:02:44 PM
Item location:
Lubbock, Texas, United States

"Once again, PolitenessMan's stainless steel hankie meets its mark"
bdawg998
Jack of all trades, master at none.
Online
Posts: 3594
Feedback: 100% (70)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:09:04 PM
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
Item location:
Lubbock, Texas, United States



K?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."----George Washington

Tennessee Squire
Mike_Anthony
Offline
Posts: 339
Feedback: 100% (8)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:17:05 PM
Originally Posted By cityhunt3r:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Float-RAS-Handguard-Quad-Rail-System-/251056594312?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a74239d88

anyone have any expericne with these.. they are soo cheap! free shipping too.. so tempting...


I believe those are for airsoft rifles. The seller description states that they may even be used on "real fire caliber" rifles. It comes with a barrel nut and says "easy, quick installation"....definitely not for a real AR.
Matt_B
Carnivorous Maximus
Offline
Posts: 6991
Feedback: 100% (40)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:17:59 PM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 11:18:54 PM by Matt_B]

Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
Item location:
Lubbock, Texas, United States

That description was clearly not written by someone who's native language is English or normally sells accessories for real firearms.

Based upon the description that rail is heavy for its length, that's for sure. I'd pass on that alone.

feelthepayne
Online
Posts: 699
Feedback: 100% (5)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:20:09 PM
Guy can't even speak English. WOULD NOT BUY.

Cheap usually means bad quality.
doc_Zox
Apple Certified Lazer Printer Repair since 1993
Offline
Posts: 11670
Feedback: 0% (0)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:33:56 PM

Originally Posted By bdawg998:
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
Item location:
Lubbock, Texas, United States



K?

I figured it was about 6 hours from the dead center of precision


"Once again, PolitenessMan's stainless steel hankie meets its mark"
JoeyIsaacs
Offline
Posts: 2142
Feedback: 100% (2)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:43:05 PM
I got this one off of ebay for $90. Troy drop in, Colt Defense marked take off.




cityhunt3r
Offline
Posts: 23
Feedback: 100% (2)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/5/2012 12:17:02 AM
Ive been looking thru EE but everyone is so fast here lol competeing with everyone in the USA hard to catch any good deals theya re gone within seconds as soon as somone post somethign I want lol
p-joseph
Offline
Posts: 194
Feedback: 100% (10)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/5/2012 1:38:43 AM
Lubbock Tx is a known source point for illicit Chinese knockoffs
The_Hammer
Member
Online
Posts: 711
Feedback: 100% (8)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/5/2012 3:08:28 AM
Not worth the chance, unless you just want to give away $40. If that's the case just shoot me a PM
95% of the things I say and do are NSFW. The other 5% are fuck ups.
BillyJack
Member
Offline
Posts: 698
Feedback: 100% (15)
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/5/2012 6:46:50 AM
Go read the negative comments (nearly 60 this year) and then see if you want to take the chance. Too many reputable dealers out there to mess with this junk.
SYSTEM
Posted: 12/5/2012 7:39:45 AM
[Last Edit: 12/5/2012 7:39:45 AM by Lancelot]
Topic Moved