BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2011 7:57:43 PM EDT
Take one $700.00 AR. Add some furniture
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/DocMakerAR/IMG_0253.jpg

and toy or two...
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/DocMakerAR/IMG_0250.jpg

so much for a budget AR. She is a sexy girl, no?
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h376/DocMakerAR/IMG_0246.jpg

Shoots like a dream with the 1/8 twist. Change from factory stock is required.
Great Rifle!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up today.  I was impressed with the build except for the handguards.  It will make a good back-up to my Colt.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Still no other pics? Really?
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#3]
This would do better in AR discussion.
I really don't understand the lack of ejection port cover.
OP, that is a good looking setup. I didn't know they had a 1/8 barrel. Does it have M4 feed ramps?
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

OP, that is a good looking setup. I didn't know they had a 1/8 barrel. Does it have M4 feed ramps?

Mine does.

OP, waiting for my barrel to get back from ADCO;  will post pics when I get it back together.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
The "Sport" version has no port cover and no fwd assist because it's not designed to be a combat rifle. I won't be dragging it through the dirt or breaking out windows with this rifle. This is a plinker and a back up competition gun (the 5R, 1/8 twist barrel is very accurate.)
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my barrel back from ADCO today –– it was a tough wait over the long weekend!  Put it back together this afternoon and took pictures like I promised.

As you can see, I made a couple changes.  ADCO cut the barrel to 14.5 and pinned and welded a Rainier Arms XTC.  I replaced the upper receiver with a standard M4 type (BCM) and replaced the stock BCG with a milspec M16 BCG.  I also replaced the endplate with a single point sling plate, and put an H buffer and MOE stock on the backend.  Sights are a new XPS2-0 that I'm anxious to try out and an ARMS 40L for backup.  The handguard is an extra M4 set I threw on until I decide what I want to run in their place.  As I mentioned in one of the other threads, mine does not have the large white logo on the magwell –– don't miss it at all.

I'm using the original upper receiver for a dedicated .22 upper; just waiting on the barrel from CMMG.

Here it is with the 6920 I bought 18 mos ago, and paid twice as much for!
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Very Sweet! No budget AR stays that way for long. I'm jealous of the logo-less receiver. I'm thinking of a laser engraving on my 6940.
Link Posted: 7/5/2011 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I think "budget AR" is an oxymoron.  I got this one for ~ $540 and considered it a bargain, but I knew going in that I'd be changing and adding stuff immediately.  Fortunately, I already had most of the parts onhand.  

Not quite sure yet what the final configuration will look like –– although I'm already planning to change the sight to an Aimpoint M2 that needs a home.  I just got the XPS and want to try it out; it's my first Eotech.  I plan to put it on my wife's 6450 after I change the upper to a flattop.

Going to take it out and shoot in the next couple days, and assuming all goes well I intend to use it for Zombie eradication at this weekend's Outbreak Omega!
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#9]
New to the site and new to the AR platform. Glad to be on here tho. i just purchased an M&P 15 sport last week. cant wait to pick it up the end of this week haha. already have a bunch of plans for it. quick question (probably dumb tho) what hand guards will fit this?i know theres like different sizes and what not. just dont want to spend the money and get something that isnt right and have to return. i want something with 4 rails ( the 2 sides and top and bottom).

i have a Essential Arms AR-15 too im itching to take to the range. ill take both once the sport comes in
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Here's mine.  I attached the sling I carried with JSOC in 09.  This makes a great back-up with 100% realability as of today.
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b477/bullw2195/sport003.jpghttp://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b477/bullw2195/sport004.jpg

Here's mine.  I attached the sling I carried with JSOC in 09.  This makes a great back-up with 100% realability as of today.

what handgaurd is that? got a part number or link? thats exactly what im looking for haha
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#12]
MI Gen I which is on clearance.  Here's the link  http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=415
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Any carbine length handguard will fit. Find one that feels right for you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#14]
How are you supposed to use thar Magpul rear MBUS that's on there???
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Added a few parts to mine. I'd like to swap the upper receiver also, I have a laser engraved ejection port cover I'd like to slap on. A trigger job would be nice too.

MagPul MOE Grip (Way better than the stock grip)
Quad Rail
Ambidextrous Safety

http://www.r6live.com/groups/+gun+shop-picture7555-few-upgrades-magpul-grip-utg-pro-quadrail-ambidextrous-safety.jpg
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I would like to get one of these upper receivers you don't want for a 9mm build.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll let you know when I swap mine...it will probably be soon. It will be brand new too. Haven't fired a shot through this thing yet...edited for sale content
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The dust cover has not proven to be an issue for me. I just tracked back from Tx. to Ca and shot several areas, and even used the rifle to hunt 'yotes with. I had serious winds in 2 places, and sand was flying like I was in a blast booth! The action was never slowed, and it did not load up. One session was 550 rounds over several hours, no cleaning during shooting. No issues. Same with the forward assist. In basic, if you were ever seen utilizing a forward assist, the CO would have you strip the rifle on the spot, and inevitably he would find some kind of dirt or powder debris in there, and you were up the creek, and would spend the rest of the day stripping and cleaning every gun he could find for you.

I have been very happy with the 15 sport, it is out of the box ready to go, and I like how there was no monkeying around necessary. No need to post a pic, you have all seen a bone stock rifle before!!! Also, as of yet it has proven to be an easy to feed animal; it has not rejected any ammo, from Federal to Winchester to Wolf with the polymer coating. (No laquer, the newer stuff with the teflon like coating.)
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I have an M&P Sport as well and I've added quite a bit:

Aimpoint T-1 on a LaRue LT-660
Magpul CTR
Magpul MOE with a PSA MIAD Bolt and Firing Pin Kit Core
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
GG&G Sling Thing with rail for the FSB to be used with a light not yet purchased
VTAC Sling
BCM M4 Handguards
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle

I'm toying with the idea of buying a BCM 14.5" upper with pinned flash suppressor but I haven't decided yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I would like to buy one of these barrels. A 1/8, nitrided 5R for a decent price is just what the market needs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Have about 1000 rounds through mine so far.  Aimpoint PRO, Magpul FDE furniture - Makes for a nice light reliable package.

Does anyone know if Stark makes a grip that will fit with the integral trigger guard?  I really like the Stark grips I've tried, but I'm worried the integral trigger guard might mean I need to look at other options.  (I'm also considering the Troy BattleAxe and the IDF-designed Mako AG-43).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top