Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 69 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck to anyone who hasn't received their MLR orders yet.  After several days of no email contact, I decided to just call them.

LOL, they haven't even shipped it out yet, my order is still processing even though they sent an order complete email on the 26th.  He gave no further info other than to say they are counting inventory.  Didn't say when it will ship.

Kind of frustrating these are already hitting the second hand market, and some of us haven't even had them shipped yet.   Nothing is ever free.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Good luck to anyone who hasn't received their MLR orders yet.  After several days of no email contact, I decided to just call them.

LOL, they haven't even shipped it out yet, my order is still processing even though they sent an order complete email on the 26th.  He gave no further info other than to say they are counting inventory.  Didn't say when it will ship.

Kind of frustrating these are already hitting the second hand market, and some of us haven't even had them shipped yet.   Nothing is ever free.
View Quote
I figured that was the case. I ordered a BCG on 12/23 and got complete notice on the 26th. A little disappointed in the time and lack of communication but I'll be OK. I guess between end of the year, their move, inventory etc things are moving a little slower.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured that 'order complete' doesn't mean they shipped it.  Ugh, I'm not in a hurry but this is amateur hour stuff.  I guess hopefully they get everything sorted out soon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I was so busy making sure I was being polite that I didn't even ask if he had a clue when these orders might ship

I'm not gonna be that customer over a $450 MLR upper with free shipping, so I'm just gonna try to forget about it as hard as that might be.   This is the first time I've dealt with LMT direct without going through a good friend who worked there, and now I realize I was getting some real VIP treatment back then not just on prices.

It's crazy how they could free ship some, stop...move...count inventory....and then two weeks later get back to free shipping the xmas orders.  Oh well I guess.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I think ups is delivering to me today.

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They are in a middle of a move I believe and inventory...
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#7]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
I think ups is delivering to me today.

https://vgy.me/xumPTw.jpg
View Quote
GL, hope you get some awesomeness then.

That's pretty cool you got an Gen 1 rifle length chassis above.  I bet that baby even shipped with silver washers and called for 90 ft lbs when new.

Silver washers vs figure 8 washer....90 vs 140 ft lbs torque.....and lastly no front or rear QD cups.   Outside of those three minor changes, the 2004-05 chassis is every bit as good as the one you buy today.  The design was essentially perfected with the first generation.  You combine that with the fact it's one of the biggest leaps in tech & design with regards to the ARFOW since Eugene himself, it's really one helluva feat.

The Gen 1 chassis above is the quintessential testament to Karl Lewis's design in 2019.  He dreamed that up before the Chart even got going strong, yet the Chart is now archaic along with M4forgeries for the most part, and the MRP is only getting stronger with an unchanged design in many cases by in large.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]

That's pretty cool you got an Gen 1 rifle length chassis above.  I bet that baby even shipped with silver washers and called for 90 ft lbs when new.

Silver washers vs figure 8 washer....90 vs 140 ft lbs torque.....and lastly no front or rear QD cups.   Outside of those three minor changes, the 2004-05 chassis is every bit as good as the one you buy today.  The design was essentially perfected with the first generation.  You combine that with the fact it's one of the biggest leaps in tech & design with regards to the ARFOW since Eugene himself.

The Gen 1 chassis above is the quintessential testament to Karl Lewis's design in 2019.  He dreamed that up before the Chart even got going strong, yet the Chart is now archaic along with M4forgies for the most part, and the MRP is only getting stronger with an unchanged design in many cases by in large.
View Quote
I just sent it in and got it back from lmt. They updated it with a a new bushing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:22:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#9]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

I just sent it in and got it back from lmt. They updated it with a a new bushing.
View Quote
Lol...easiest fix that tech ever did have

If I had known, I'd have sent you a figure 8 washer.  I got a few extra, along with extra bolts.   Not a bad thing for anybody who owns MRPs.

eta: by bushings are you talking about the threaded staked steel inserts in the chassis?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, if you just can’t wait there are already a number of “12 Days of Christmas” items hitting the EE with seller’s markup. Gotta be patient or “pay to play”.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Personally, I'm not worried about the wait. I just think a little communication goes a long way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
Personally, I'm not worried about the wait. I just think a little communication goes a long way.
View Quote
100%.  I'd have bought one if I had known there was gonna be a 2month wait for $450.   I just wish I had known it hadn't shipped all this time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Lol...easiest fix that tech ever did have

If I had known, I'd have sent you a figure 8 washer.  I got a few extra, along with extra bolts.   Not a bad thing for anybody who owns MRPs.

eta: by bushings are you talking about the threaded staked steel inserts in the chassis?
View Quote
Felt like sending it cuz it needed a new gas tube after the gas key slammed into it. The barrel was able to get torqued down out of alignment. All fixed up now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Eldridge Iowa...
View Quote
Either way, they aren't far from me, but their move to IA makes them just a little bit closer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:10:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#15]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Swapped out the Ergo grip for a BCM and later today I'll be installing a 51T flash hider so I don't piss everyone off at my next class
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#16]
You obviously know photography, and have a nice cam.   Great picture!

I just wanted to throw a shoutout to Jake @ Rail Scales...ordered panels last night @ 1140pm, and had an email at 9:30am from Rail Scales informing me that my order had shipped.  Oh and I picked the free shipping option again

I ended up getting the Karve P and XOS-H from them, and ordered two G10 long panels from Amazon due their free prime shipping, and fast shipping.   Having now seen the professionalism of RailScales, it's much easier to justify the $140 for MLOK covers.   I also love supporting a small company that seems truly innovative, and fresh.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Silver washers vs figure 8 washer....90 vs 140 ft lbs torque.....and lastly no front or rear QD cups.   Outside of those three minor changes, the 2004-05 chassis is every bit as good as the one you buy today.  The design was essentially perfected with the first generation.  You combine that with the fact it's one of the biggest leaps in tech & design with regards to the ARFOW since Eugene himself, it's really one helluva feat.

The Gen 1 chassis above is the quintessential testament to Karl Lewis's design in 2019.  He dreamed that up before the Chart even got going strong, yet the Chart is now archaic along with M4forgeries for the most part, and the MRP is only getting stronger with an unchanged design in many cases by in large.
View Quote
Your passion for the MRP platform reminds me a lot of someone that used to post here a long time ago.  If memory serves the original MRP carbine chassis was an LMT Shot-Show special back in 2004-05.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#18]

I just wanted to throw a shoutout to Jake @ Rail Scales...ordered panels last night @ 1140pm, and had an email at 9:30am from Rail Scales informing me that my order had shipped.  Oh and I picked the free shipping option again

I ended up getting the Karve P and XOS-H from them, and ordered two G10 long panels from Amazon due their free prime shipping, and fast shipping.   Having now seen the professionalism of RailScales, it's much easier to justify the $140 for MLOK covers.   I also love supporting a small company that seems truly innovative, and fresh.
View Quote
Thank you! It's not too bad for a cell phone!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yup, great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Honestly, hard for a picture to not turn out well when you have such great material to take pictures of!

What NV are you running with your DBAL?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

Yup, great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Honestly, hard for a picture to not turn out well when you have such great material to take pictures of!

What NV are you running with your DBAL?
View Quote
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I'm one of the weirdos that prefers a single tube so I'm rocking a white phosphor PVS-14 built by N-Vision. Very happy with it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:46:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#21]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Your passion for the MRP platform reminds me a lot of someone that used to post here a long time ago.  If memory serves the original MRP carbine chassis was an LMT Shot-Show special back in 2004-05.

Cheers
View Quote
I bet it stole the show that year for sure.  I wish I could say I was around to know a pre MRP AR15 universe, as my appreciation would be even deeper I'm sure.

Many of us are big MRP fans now because of yourself, Edwin, and Duffy.   I'm sure you guys have influenced untold amounts of MRP builds, and rifles, and in my case most certainly have.   It's easy to dismiss the role of the internet, and three massive Badness threads, but I have a feeling they played a significant role in keeping this design front and center when no .mils were interested, and people blasted MRPs cause they couldn't replace the "rail" when it bent or broke (seen not a single one yet..lol).

Some of you got it right all the way back then, been unwavering in your support for the design, and that should be applauded.   Some got it right back then, but weren't true believers, or they didn't realize the tangible benefits from the design, and went on to discount the design.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I bet it stole the show that year for sure.  I wish I could say I was around to know a pre MRP AR15 universe, as my appreciation would be even deeper I'm sure.

Many of us are big MRP fans now because of yourself, Edwin, and Duffy.   I'm sure you guys have influenced untold amounts of MRP builds, and rifles, and in my case most certainly have.   It's easy to dismiss the role of the internet, and three massive Badness threads, but I have a feeling they played a significant role in keeping this design front and center when no .mils were interested, and people blasted MRPs cause they couldn't replace the "rail" when it bent or broke (seen not a single one yet..lol).

Some of you got it right all the way back then, been unwavering in your support for the design, and that should be applauded.   Some got it right back then, but weren't true believers, or they didn't realize the tangible benefits from the design, and went on to discount the design.
View All Quotes

Cheers

Man your grammar and the way you articulate reminds me so much of Alex. I forget his user name on here but he was a total gentleman and die hard MRP fan. We had some great conversations back in the day.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I'm one of the weirdos that prefers a single tube so I'm rocking a white phosphor PVS-14 built by N-Vision. Very happy with it!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/20190109_155458_edited_jpg-801998.JPG
View Quote
Yeah keep posting pictures for sure. I'm trying to get better with my photo taking skills. Little by little.

So I think I am going to start getting into NV and IR aiming device eventually. I got into the NFA game with suppressors and SBR. Seems like NV and IR is the next step of progression.

View Quote
Yeah I agree that LMT definitely got things right with the MRP. I am a LMT and KAC fan. Both fantastic companies. Just wish I could take best of both of them and make my dream gun. Then I would be content in life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

Man your grammar and the way you articulate reminds me so much of Alex. I forget his user name on here but he was a total gentleman and die hard MRP fan. We had some great conversations back in the day.
View Quote
Trident? If so whatever happened to him?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#25]
The LMT MRP/MWS Family is the best there is.

Glad to have them. Took a while to acquire.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have their 11.5" barrel yet?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LMT_87:
View All Quotes

If it's Trident you're talking about, I think I recall him getting banned and I never knew why.  Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Kates:

If it's Trident you're talking about, I think I recall him getting banned and I never knew why.  Could be wrong.
View Quote
I think he’s pretty active on M4C. I liked this guy and don’t think he cared for the drama that is often on this site.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Trident is who I was referring to as well. I used to chat with him a lot and he was kind enough to stiple some pmags for me BITD and I still use them.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:31:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buddyhoohaw] [#30]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I think he’s pretty active on M4C. I liked this guy and don’t think he cared for the drama that is often on this site.
View Quote
I was an early member of M4C and I was turned off by all the “stay in your lane” comments that would constantly arise from some of the regulars. That may have changed now but the last time that I tried to log on my credentials had expired so I didn’t pursue it.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#31]

I was an early member of M4C and I was turned off by all the “stay in your lane” comments that would constantly arise from some of the regulars. That may have changed now but the last time that I tried to log on my credentials had expired so I didn’t pursue it.

Cheers
View Quote
It's not my cup of tea either but there are some good guys over there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

Cheers
I'm sure there are still as there were then too.  I'm also addicted to saltwater boats and Jeeps so I have to limit my website surfing to satisfy all my interests.  

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Boats and Jeeps...you like expensive hobbies.

On another note, USPS shows a package will be coming to me from Milan, IL.  So hopefully everyone that is (im)patiently waiting on their sale orders will see some movement now!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I was speaking of Trident, if I recall correctly, he was banned here and began spending most of his time on M4C. He was a great guy and did make it back over here a couple times but would usually msg me on here saying it was him.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Old Skool rifle MRP looks great with the MARS lower.

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4ger] [#38]

Cheers
View All Quotes

Cheers
Thank you Sir.  I moved one of my PST 1-6s (MOA) onto that rifle yesterday.  I think I've found "done" for that one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:23:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#39]
Very nice picture brother. Nothing like a quality AR like the MRP LMT. Quality stuff. Just has the beautiful lines of a classic car.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Has anyone cut one of their 16" midlength barrels down to 14.5"?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#41]
Got a chance to do some more no light/ low light training with the NZ again this AM. Absolutely can't wait until next week's class so I can show everyone how awesome these rifles are

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By tranzformer: Very nice picture brother. Nothing like a quality AR like the MRP LMT. Quality stuff. Just has the beautiful lines of a classic car.
View Quote
Thank you very much!  I had a PST 1-4 atop it for a while up until receiving a new PST 1-6 this week.  I'll have to do some rezeroing when the temps warm up again but I believe I have found the right setup for this gun.

StevieJ309: I believe a friend of mine dropped off a MRP barrel to one of our local AR MFGs to be threaded and I will have to check in with him to see what the plans are.  There might be an opportunity to gather some gas port data prior to cutting if it's not already finished.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Thank you very much!  I had a PST 1-4 atop it for a while up until receiving a new PST 1-6 this week.  I'll have to do some rezeroing when the temps warm up again but I believe I have found the right setup for this gun.

StevieJ309: I believe a friend of mine dropped off a MRP barrel to one of our local AR MFGs to be threaded and I will have to check in with him to see what the plans are.  There might be an opportunity to gather some gas port data prior to cutting if it's not already finished.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:
Originally Posted By tranzformer: Very nice picture brother. Nothing like a quality AR like the MRP LMT. Quality stuff. Just has the beautiful lines of a classic car.

Sweet. Definitely interested to see the gas port size.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#44]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Has anyone cut one of their 16" midlength barrels down to 14.5"?
View Quote
Yep, I have.  The gas port on mine was about 0.082" using a drill index to find the size...I don't have pin gauges.  That may seem large but my understanding is that since the gas port is angled, the size needs to be larger.  Every 16" barrel I've had shot great too, not overgassed at all FWIW.

After cutting a 16" down to 14.5" I did not touch the gas port.  It seems fine with good ammo but to be honest, I've run into some short stroking issues with weak ammo (Tula) mainly in colder temperatures.  I think it's fine for true 5.56 pressure ammo but I don't trust it with 223 loads.

ETA:  To be fair, weak ammo like Tula has caused some short stroking in my factory 10.5" barrels in cold temps as well.  I don't normally shoot that stuff in my MRP's, but I always like to see what a gun will do when the variables shift towards less ideal conditions.  Anyway, my point is that LMT has their barrels gassed pretty much right on for use with good ammo which is a good thing, but chopping a 16" down may or may not need some tuning, depending on what your requirements are.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice. Seems like you are due for a large frame version!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#48]
Don't be afraid to ask for help, there are many great MRP Anonymous groups out there.  I was working the program perfectly, until I fell for the ole' $449 MLR chassis.

Many people still believe the MRP's on the fly QD barrel design is the main benefit to the design.   Personally, I'd put that feature well before several more important ones like ridigity, heat dissipation, and barrel hookup design.  Your collection of awesome MRPs, along with numerous others in this thread kind of bears this fact out.

I love cleaning MRPs due to their design allowing me to clean the barrel by itself.   The QD barrel design is much more useful in the MWS large frame in my book.  I can see buying one MWS, and a 6.5cm/16" .308/13.5" .308 barrel options for it.

Congrats on having a full brothel of MRPs, they're all fantastic looking setups.

ETA:  You need another rifle length
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Dang, somebody just got an excellent deal on a new 16" NZ barrel in the EE.

I really didn't need to buy it anyways atm, given I hope my new barrel for the MLR comes today...but, any other time I'd be sad I missed it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Saw that...was about two minutes too late...
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 69 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top