Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 68 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang I missed out. I had to leave that thread when it started becoming a shit show.  I do still like and will continue to purchase Geissele products.  MK1s, ALG V3s,  and MRP are all I own.

I have been throwing out the MRP name whenever I get the opportunity.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my rifle length MLOK from Xmas sale... apparently it arrived at work yesterday addressed to no one...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:28:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#3]

Mine today outside. Finally got a chance to take a picture in outdoor lighting. With my 1-6x ACSS.

Originally Posted By ThePitt:
Dang I missed out. I had to leave that thread when it started becoming a shit show.  I do still like and will continue to purchase Geissele products.  MK1s, ALG V3s,  and MRP are all I own.

I have been throwing out the MRP name whenever I get the opportunity.  
View Quote
Is it bad that I like Geissele and LMT and KAC stuff? I just like good products. Not one that gets into the minutia and drama between different brands. They are all top notch stuff imo.

Right?  I'm pretty jealous because I ordered mine within minutes.  I chose free shipping though and figured it might be a little slow.  Hard to complain at such an awesome price!
View Quote
I also ordered within just minutes of the deal going live. I selected free shipping but they still sent it 2 day USPS. Really nice of them imo.

Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Hats off to all the MRP afficiando's over in the Geissele scuttlebut thread helping me hold it down for us and educate those guys to what the best upper actually is
View Quote
MRP is definitely a great upper. All of the top stuff is good. Slight pros and cons between all of them. My $0.02.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 5:41:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sabre675] [#4]
Well I guess I was wrong but I figured the MLOK upper would have came with at least 1-3 Pic segments for mounting.... I think I truly only need one segment to mount my bipod. Curious though beings I know nothing about the MLOK market, what is everyone using to mount their bipods? Just a PIC segment? If so curious what you're using as I see LMT doesn't sell them unless I'm missing something.... OR. Are you using some sort of direct mount? Thanks.

Edit. Anyone have any experience with the Kinect Mounts... Look SVELT in ideology... Just curious about robustness as far as certain applications, LIKE mounting a bipod...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Geissele makes great stuff no doubt about it, that being said no one beats the MRP platform. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy building other manufacturers uppers, although if I were going into harms way or could only have one it'd be an MRP
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Geissele makes great stuff no doubt about it, that being said no one beats the MRP platform. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy building other manufacturers uppers, although if I were going into harms way or could only have one it'd be an MRP
View Quote
I’d have to agree with you and also throw kac in there as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoGT3] [#8]
Originally Posted By Sabre675:
Well I guess I was wrong but I figured the MLOK upper would have came with at least 1-3 Pic segments for mounting.... I think I truly only need one segment to mount my bipod. Curious though beings I know nothing about the MLOK market, what is everyone using to mount their bipods? Just a PIC segment? If so curious what you're using as I see LMT doesn't sell them unless I'm missing something.... OR. Are you using some sort of direct mount? Thanks.

Edit. Anyone have any experience with the Kinect Mounts... Look SVELT in ideology... Just curious about robustness as far as certain applications, LIKE mounting a bipod...
View Quote
I have used a m lok rail segment with my Harris/LaRue QD combo.   Gets the job done for sure but bulky and certainly doesn't take advantage of what m lok can offer.

I plan on try the Badger Ordnance modified Harris.

http://www.badgerordnance.com/tactical-rifle-enhancements/lpbk-enhanced-bipod-with-mlok-mount.html

Other option in the new Magpul bipod which has a dedicated m lok version.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:04:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#9]
Until I get my MLR chassis, I reporting the next person/s who post an awesome MLR build....

Nothing brings the inner child out in me like waiting for a new MRP top

I ordered at 12:04, so I'm putting this on my USPS, or UPS.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anybody know what Scout mount that is? That looks perfect for the LM8 build I'm planning.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:13:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#11]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:

Does anybody know what Scout mount that is? That looks perfect for the LM8 build I'm planning.
View Quote
ITs the Arisaka centurion Arms scout Mount but it doesn’t work unless you modify the screws because the thread pitch is different. They discovered this after I ordered the centurion/lm8 Mount and told them it doesn’t work
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#12]
LMT is moving to Iowa ladies and gents.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 1:31:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thehun06: LMT is moving to Iowa ladies and gents.
View Quote
My wife and I saw their new location about 3 months ago on a trip that took us through several states.  I wanted to pick up a couple things while we were out that way.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:47:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Where at in Iowa?  I'm originally from there and visit fam once a year or so.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:05:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#15]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
https://i.imgur.com/vvr977j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HTRDY5u.jpg

Mine today outside. Finally got a chance to take a picture in outdoor lighting. With my 1-6x ACSS.

Is it bad that I like Geissele and LMT and KAC stuff? I just like good products. Not one that gets into the minutia and drama between different brands. They are all top notch stuff imo.

I also ordered within just minutes of the deal going live. I selected free shipping but they still sent it 2 day USPS. Really nice of them imo.

MRP is definitely a great upper. All of the top stuff is good. Slight pros and cons between all of them. My $0.02.
View Quote
How do you like that scope? I have a PST II on mine, would like to lessen the bulk and weight some.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Eldridge Iowa...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:20:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4hk33] [#17]
https://i.imgur.com/vvr977j.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HTRDY5u.jpg

Turned out nice,  hows it feel weight wise?  put it on a scale?

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:50:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#18]
Just sent emails to GarandThumb and MilitaryArmsChannel to offer my rifle to them for review. Hopefully they're interested!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice. Hope they review the MRP and the MWS platforms...LMT speaks for themselves...but would like more vids on them...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Nice. Hope they review the MRP and the MWS platforms...LMT speaks for themselves...but would like more vids on them...
View Quote
The lack of reviews or even quality videos is very strange. I hope to change that soon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:
Just sent emails to GarandThumb and MilitaryArmsChannel to offer my rifle to them for review. Hopefully they're interested!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482038/20190107_084940_jpg-799441.JPG
View Quote
Your bayonet is going to be right in front of your light!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:06:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#22]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Your bayonet is going to be right in front of your light!
View Quote
Good thing I'm not attaching a bayonet anytime soon!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

How do you like that scope? I have a PST II on mine, would like to lessen the bulk and weight some.
View Quote
I like the PA ACSS optics alot. That article is fantastic. The glass isn't bad at all for my eyesight. I can still see and hit what I am aiming at. I know there are better optics. Been thinking about one of those Vortex Razor HD Gen II. But the ACSS reticle just makes sense to me and works for everything I need it to do.

Originally Posted By m4hk33:

View Quote
Thanks. It feels much lighter than the CQB rail that came on my rifle. Slims it up a bit feel wise. Haven't done a weight check comparison yet.

I don't have a fancy scale, but with the bathroom scale the rifle + optic + mount + loaded 30 Rd magazine came out to 9.7 pounds. I don't have anything to verify that with, but the weight matches what I would expect.

Really happy with this setup.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:50:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#24]
Now that I own the MLR upper, I need the MLC upper as well. I'll be patient and wait for LMT to do another sale. Hopefully Black Friday/Christmas of this year if not sooner. I'd definitely get one for $400-450 if they did similar deal as the MLR.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I just ordered a PST 1-6 MRAD that is going to make it onto my MARS/MRP Rifle.  Presently wearing a PST 1-4 I've had for several years.

When I was ordering some things from LMT earlier last year, I asked them if I could get a tour of their new facilities when we were driving through.  They said they wouldn't be finished in time (October) because winter lasted entirely too long and caused construction delays.

It was cool to see it at least.  Glad Karl made way to ex-fil into a better state than IL.

Now I want an Iowa marked lower....
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Probably a long shot, but if anyone got an extra MLR chassis and wants to trade please message me. I've got some Geissele BF and KAC stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Did everybody that checked the free shipping option get it delivered via USPS?

I emailed LMT Friday to ask about it, but never got a reply.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
Probably a long shot, but if anyone got an extra MLR chassis and wants to trade please message me. I've got some Geissele BF and KAC stuff.
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-LMT-MLR-Rifle-Length-M-LOK-Chassis-New/22-1837887/
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-LMT-MLR-Rifle-Length-M-LOK-Chassis-New/22-1837887/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've been looking at it since he posted.  

I'd like to try to trade what I've got before I go buyin'.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Evening fellas, new MRP owner here. Couple questions:

1) Sold my HSP SBR scout mount because it didn’t play nice with the LMT folding front sight on my picatinny CQB, any suggestions on a replacement offset scout mount that gives enough room to easily depress the release button on LMT front sight?

2) have a CQB 10.5” and a rifle 16” ... yesterday I tried removing the 16” barrel (brand new upper) and it did not want to come out. I have a magpul bev block, should I place it in vise and pull as hard as I can or am I missing something? Followed directions and removed the two bolts, just afraid of scratching up inside of brand new Mlok chassis when it finally gives and I’m thrown backwards...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WBUG762:
Evening fellas, new MRP owner here. Couple questions:

1) Sold my HSP SBR scout mount because it didn’t play nice with the LMT folding front sight on my picatinny CQB, any suggestions on a replacement offset scout mount that gives enough room to easily depress the release button on LMT front sight?

2) have a CQB 10.5” and a rifle 16” ... yesterday I tried removing the 16” barrel (brand new upper) and it did not want to come out. I have a magpul bev block, should I place it in vise and pull as hard as I can or am I missing something? Followed directions and removed the two bolts, just afraid of scratching up inside of brand new Mlok chassis when it finally gives and I’m thrown backwards...
View Quote
As for 2)   Just take a rubber mallet, and a small round wooden dowel that will fit inside the diameter of the barrel extension, and tap it out real slow.  You really just want to tap it just enough to free it a shade, and then pull it on out without doing damage.

I've done this several times on different barrels and chassis.  It's not normal unless it's a new rifle or a very dirty rifle that has sat for a long time in my experience.  Once you get it free, I bet it doesn't repeat that again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Cool pics, the last one reminds me of a gun mag shoot for MRPs that had a pic of a MRP CQB with a crotch rocket of some type.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

As for 2)   Just take a rubber mallet, and a small round wooden dowel that will fit inside the diameter of the barrel extension, and tap it out real slow.  You really just want to tap it just enough to free it a shade, and then pull it on out without doing damage.

I've done this several times on different barrels and chassis.  It's not normal unless it's a new rifle or a very dirty rifle that has sat for a long time in my experience.  Once you get it free, I bet it doesn't repeat that again.
View Quote
Thank you! I’ll try it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Did everybody that checked the free shipping option get it delivered via USPS?

I emailed LMT Friday to ask about it, but never got a reply.
View Quote
Yes. I selected the free option and mine was sent USPS 2 day.

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing. Who is Ferro Concepts?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#38]

View Quote
No problem! They make some reason cool gear!

https://ferroconcepts.com/
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I looked them up. Looks like a Canadian company but their shipping/distribution is based out of Colorado.

If they like LMT, they are a-ok with me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

What do the CQB MRP with 16" uppers go for with BCG, CH and flip up sights? I am thinking of selling one I don't need. Hard to get a good feel since not many hit EE. Around $1000 as a complete upper? I know the CQB setup isn't as popular as the MLR.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#41]

What do the CQB MRP with 16" uppers go for with BCG, CH and flip up sights? I am thinking of selling one I don't need. Hard to get a good feel since not many hit EE. Around $1000 as a complete upper? I know the CQB setup isn't as popular as the MLR.
View Quote
With most people jumping on the Brownells deal for the railed CQB uppers, I’d guess somewhere around $850 with a standard phosphate (not enhanced) LMT BCG, tactical (non-ambi) charging handle and LMT flip-up sights.

Probably would get more parting it out but could take a while longer.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have a 10.5 or 11.5 barrel for sale?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Got my MLR today.  Shipping slip says it left LMT on the 31st so USPS was a little slow with their "2 day priority mail."

I'm kind of surprised at how narrow it is.  I know someone posted measurements but I was anticipating it being about the size of the ALG rails.  I used to think the ALGs were too thin but have grown to like them.  Hopefully the MLR will be the same.

Will try and post some pics tomorrow with some sun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Got my MLR today.  Shipping slip says it left LMT on the 31st so USPS was a little slow with their "2 day priority mail."

I'm kind of surprised at how narrow it is.  I know someone posted measurements but I was anticipating it being about the size of the ALG rails.  I used to think the ALGs were too thin but have grown to like them.  Hopefully the MLR will be the same.

Will try and post some pics tomorrow with some sun.
View Quote
Thank you for the info, and congrats on getting yours.   There's no telling when mine will get here based on that timeline...I got a order completion email on 12/26.

I'm in no hurry.  I hope to have my barrel in by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:55:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Thank you for the info, and congrats on getting yours.   There's no telling when mine will get here based on that timeline...I got a order completion email on 12/26.

I'm in no hurry.  I hope to have my barrel in by the end of the week.
View Quote
I got the same email, same day.  Yours can't be too far behind.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#46]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX1kNtalmFw

Not MRP but MWS video...pretty cool to see that a shorter .308 has the umph to go the distance...essentially the same barrel length I use on my MWS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

With most people jumping on the Brownells deal for the railed CQB uppers, I’d guess somewhere around $850 with a standard phosphate (not enhanced) LMT BCG, tactical (non-ambi) charging handle and LMT flip-up sights.

Probably would get more parting it out but could take a while longer.
View Quote
Thanks. I was thinking slightly higher. Might just list it locally and see if I get any hits. I'm not desperate to move it. So can sit on it for a little bit.

Originally Posted By thehun06:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX1kNtalmFw

Not MRP but MWS video...pretty cool to see that a shorter .308 has the umph to go the distance...essentially the same barrel length I use on my MWS.
View Quote
LMT MARS-H Review and 13.5" 308 at 1100 yards

That's awesome. Thanks for posting that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Great, great video! ^^^^^^^ Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#49]
No problem. Thought anyone that appreciates LMT would like a good MWS video.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreasyEasy] [#50]
After shooting lots with my MWS at 1k w/ 16", and seeing it's ridiculous rainbow trajectory in trace and on cam, I can't imagine what a 13.5" MWS's trajectory looks like at 1100yd

FWIW, 1211yds was my absolute limit with my MWS 16".   1/20rds on a 2/3rd torso steel.  I danced a box of 178gr. AMAXs in a circle around the steel.  One shot would be 2ft left, next would be 8" low, etc.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 68 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top