Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2007 3:53:50 PM EDT
I have a RRA E.O.P lower with A2 stock, I would like to replace the stock with something about 2 inches longer, or possibly there are parts to extend this stock ?

What is out there in the way of after-market stocks that are longer than A2 ?
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Knights makes a sling mount for A2 stocks that goes between the lower and the stock. I think it extends the LOP about 1" or so.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a RRA E.O.P lower with A2 stock, I would like to replace the stock with something about 2 inches longer, or possibly there are parts to extend this stock ?

What is out there in the way of after-market stocks that are longer than A2 ?

A 6 pos stock is a little longer all the way out.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
There might be a BUTT PAD you can add on to your A2 FIXED  stock
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster makes an extended buttpad.

I used to use one back in the day, but now I'm used to a collapsible stock adjusted one click out from fully collapsed.

Give this page a look.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Shit dude, how tall are you?
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
That Bushmaster pad looks like a good place to start...

I was wondering about a spacer between the receiver/stock too.

Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
DPMS sells a 1" buttstock spacer (Midway carries them).  They also have a slip-over buttpad that adds a bit more to the LOP.
Link Posted: 11/16/2007 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the extended buttpads I don't need, and I'd give it up for less than what Bushy wants.  IM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1, Does the FAA make you wear a blinking light on your hat....j/k
Seriously,
www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=477

with

www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=478

should probably get you the two inches you need.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That Bushmaster pad looks like a good place to start...

I was wondering about a spacer between the receiver/stock too.

Thanks for the help guys.

+1 like I said the BUTT PAD is the BEST bet

going TELE STOCK is kinda well never mind!

ALLWAYS GLAD TO HELP OUT A FELLOW AR15 LOVER
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have one of the extended buttpads I don't need, and I'd give it up for less than what Bushy wants.  IM me if you're interested.

MIGHT TRY if he has good feed back
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Im 5;9

a STOCK thats 8 to 9inches works good for me
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#13]
??!!!!111
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I am 6'2, about 210 - 220 lbs.

I am new to AR15 type rifles, I am fond of, and familiar with boltaction rifles, but am learning...  IF ONLY McMillan made an A5 for the AR15 !

This RockRiver sports a 20" S.S.Varmint barrel, I don't intend any high speed manuvering, I want to use a Leupold MK IV 6x scope, and if there is any hope for that, I have got to get my face back away from the receiver a little bit. I'm sure there are a multitude of ways to mount the scope further ahead, but I intend to just use Leupold PRW low rings... Not only that, but if possible I want the front ring about as far forward on the tube as it will go, and the rear ring within a whisker of the locking ring on my end. I'm probably not going to get it exactly how I want it, but I'm going to try at least.

Next I need to find a fatter pistol grip, any suggestions there ?

Thanks again for all the help, and the comedy was nice too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Accuracy Speaks and Sierra products make adj. butt pads that adj for LOP, cant and drop.
They replace your standard trap door butt plate.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
On the other end of the spectrum - I am 5'8" and like the entry tactical.  AR shooters come with all tastes :)
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I think we need more than one AR15 for different purposes, mine is a varmint/target toy, the next one will be a carbine for personal defense/training...I may end up with a golfcart full of them someday.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Never heard of an A2 being too short.  Are you sure your nose is to the charging handle?
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe it's not too short, but I want a longer stock...

I do know that with boltaction rifles stock fit is important, and factory rifles come with stocks short enough to be used by just about everybody...I think the L.O.P. with the A2 on my RRA is around 13"-13.5", I want to try it at about 15", and expect a little longer than that to be "just right" for a varmint/target rifle......................but that's just what I think.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Magpul M93.
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
If the A2 is too short for you, you're probably holding it wrong. Put the butt higher up on your shoulder.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Combat_Jack,
I could fire the rifle with the A2 stock if I wanted/needed to.

If the non adjustable A2 fits guys 5 feet tall, then how could you expect it to fit guys 6 feet tall too ? The key word is "fit", maybe it's not normal to custom fit an AR to the shooter ?
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#23]
DHSGMAN,
I want to get my hands on a Magpul and check it out, seems like Magpul makes a lot of handy things...

Thanks for all the replies guys.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Combat_Jack,

If the non adjustable A2 fits guys 5 feet tall, then how could you expect it to fit guys 6 feet tall too ? The key word is "fit", maybe it's not normal to custom fit an AR to the shooter ?

I am 6'2" as well and the A2 stock is just fine.  In fact, I use the collapsible stock one click in from fully extended.  But I know some people who have poor vision and have there head all the way back on the stock so they can focus on the front sight post.  So I guess it all depends on who is shooting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Combat_Jack,

I'm 6'2" with a 35/36" sleeve length so I know for a fact that the A2 is not too short for you, in fact even at my height\arm length, I think the A2 is a little too long. I greatly prefer the A1 length with is 5/8" shorter. I think the A2 is way too long for the under 6' tall group.

My guess is, for whatever reason you probably like to shoot with your arms fully extended? That's not necessarily a bad thing for strictly bench or prone shooting but for off-hand, I like to have my arms close in and tight to the body. Heck even for prone, I would rather have my arms fully bent and tight in. I find it much easier to support the rifle that way and also better for actual fighting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Never heard of an A2 being too short.  Are you sure your nose is to the charging handle?

First time i've heard of this complaint myself.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm 6'4"  225lbs. and the A2 is not to short for me.

I shoot nose to the charging handle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#28]
You boys are getting more helpfull by the minute...

I think the Bushy Extended Buttpad will do the trick, at least until I drop the coin for a Magpul. I wonder why they make such a thing when the A2 is a One size Fits All ?

I will post a pic of the rifle with scope mounted, then maybe we will all have a laugh.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#29]
O.K. I'm pretty new here, but I've got to put in my 2 bits on this one. I've shot a few A2 stocks in my time, I actually like it better than most of the aftermarket stocks out there, it fits me fine.

I am 6'5" and about 250lbs.  I have a 32" inseam so I have the legs of someone 5"8" and the torso of someone 7'11" seriously, my spine does not fit on x-ray films for spine X-rays, they have to take two shots to image the whole spine, and I find the A2 just fine.  I have not measured my arms, but I have been likened to Silverback Gorilla by some of my friends.

I do have tremendous trauma to my back, 6 crushed and exploded discs and a benign tumor, bone spurs, etc. so 5.56 is all I can shoot these days, I think the posts on the add on pads will help me alot with recoil and I am adding an Enidine ar restor hydrolic buffer to all my rifles.

I may have looked over the thread a bit quickly but I am not sure if anyone has posted about the JP Rifles stocks, I am considering a Low Mass Operating system with their recoil eliminator because of my neck, and they had a couple of options on Adjustable stocks for my emormous arms, check em out, all of their stuff is top notch.

And on the grips....  Without a doubt Magpul Miad.  My hands are too big for a 1911.  My finger reaches to a long pull triger to the second knuckle bend so I have to pull my hand back to get my first pad on the trigger making the 1911 frame too small for my hands if that gives you an idea, my thumb looks like a turkey drumbstick, and the miad is the best grip I have ever felt size wise.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I think we need more than one AR15 for different purposes, mine is a varmint/target toy, the next one will be a carbine for personal defense/training...I may end up with a golfcart full of them someday.

IF THIS IS WHAT THE OP WANTS THEN WHY ALL THE BS
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Combat_Jack,

BUY what you need or want

Ive been told I couldnt have a 30.5 retracked telestock on MY BACK UP M4
Never the less its 30.5
compared to bushmasters 14.5 +IZZY 30.875
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You boys are getting more helpfull by the minute...

I think the Bushy Extended Buttpad will do the trick, at least until I drop the coin for a Magpul. I wonder why they make such a thing when the A2 is a One size Fits All ?

I will post a pic of the rifle with scope mounted, then maybe we will all have a laugh.

+1

KISS
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Girlwatcher,
   It's a matter of personal preference. I'm running an A2 stock with a DPMS 1" extension & still feel like I'm crowding the gun. If you feel that you need another 2" then put it on & go shooting. It's your gun, it doesn't matter what anybody else is doing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm 6' 7" with a 40" sleeve length and the A2 is not too short.

You need to take a look at your position. Square up to the target.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#35]
tagged to laugh at rifle with scope mounted...
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

A quick point about the A2 stock. It is notorious for not fitting smaller framed people. I'm 5'9" and it is way too long for me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A quick point about the A2 stock. It is notorious for not fitting smaller framed people. I'm 5'9" and it is way too long for me.

5'9 myself

go shorty
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5'9 myself

go shorty

I usually go adjustable.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#39]
It depends how you shoot.

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It depends how you shoot.

mywebpages.comcast.net/shooter2_indy/graphics/carbine/DETC_2005/carbine_stance.jpg

VERY TRUE

sometimes the butt of my telestock is more on my peck/chest
than on my shoulder
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Try putting the heel of the stock in the pocket of your shoulder and shooting with your head upright. It works surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Try putting the heel of the stock in the pocket of your shoulder and shooting with your head upright. It works surprisingly well.

sometimes the tip rest on my shoulder ( M4 with VLTOR)

but not the whole butt

JUST LIKE THE ABOVE PIC

depends also on wich M4 I use also

I shoot my sopmod/M4 differently
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top