BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered an A2 20' 1/7 twist barrel with ramps, on the 25th. Will report when I get it. I have no idea how long they take to ship.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:22:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
Hydra spun back off, it looks like:
https://hydraweaponry.com/shop/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Please make more MCS AK mag wells, and the standard 5.56mm wells too, so I can be like @amphibian.
Fingers crossed. lol
Hydra spun back off, it looks like:
https://hydraweaponry.com/shop/
@ThatGuy01
Thanks.

I called Hydra last Friday, and they said they're independent and didn't really have anything to do with Windham's apparent reorganization. Mack Gwinn III is one of the main guys over at Hydra.
Tanner is who I spoke with. He is Hydra's sales manager. He said that, several years ago, MGI had leased their Hydra IP over to Windham, who was of course offering it as the MCS, but he said Windham designed their own 7.62x39mm mag well (probably because the early ones from MGI had problems). Tanner said most of the problems with the early 7.62x39 Hydra mag well were due to various subcontractors producing everything (and I heard from another source they only designed the first mag wells for original steel AK mags). They additionally experienced issues from tolerance stacking. Now Hydra is producing everything in-house using their own CNC equipment. They're also working on bringing back the 9mm mag well for Glock mags, and it will feature an automatic last round bolt hold-open.

I ordered a 7.62x39mm and standard AR mag well from Hydra. Hopefully this will resolve the failure-to-feed problems with my old 7.62x39mm MGI Hydra I found at a pawn shop. It's got the original crappy mag well and cannot accept Pmags. Tanner says they all accept Pmags now.

So if this works out, I'll just additionally want to get an M16 bolt carrier relieved to feed 7.62x39 like the semi-auto example that shipped with my Hyrda so I can rock select-fire. Looks like just 2 end mill cuts are needed to clear an AK mag's feed lips. Hydra still doesn't offer M16-compatible bolt carriers, which I find rather odd. Does anyone else offer an AK-mag-compatible 7.62x39 carrier with an M16 rear profile?

Windham doesn't currently list any products on their MCS page, and I didn't ask Tanner if the lease on the IP would continue, but I would think not.
Also, I found an old thread where 2 people said that if you mix/match MGI Hydra + Windham MCS mag wells and back ends, the length of the receiver can end up not fitting any uppers. Maybe that's due to the tolerances from the old MGI subcontractors? Idk, but I hope there will be more good options for Hydra/MCS owners in the future. (Price had kept me away, until I found this used example for about $600.)

EDIT: Received the new Hydra mag well today and it does fit Pmags and has obvious machining differences from my original 7.62x39 mag well. It also fits tighter on the upper when assembled. I cannot get it to fail-to-feed by flexing on it by hand. Will confirm function at the range.

Also I'm going with a PSA 7.62x39 bolt carrier since they're M16 cut.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
I ordered an A2 20' 1/7 twist barrel with ramps, on the 25th. Will report when I get it. I have no idea how long they take to ship.
View Quote

I ordered a 14.5" pw barrel a week before you. I spoke with a rep yesterday after receiving the email about smthe scam site. She couldn't give me an ETA beyond "a couple weeks", but assured me barrels were on their way. She said they were looking into options to speed up the process, and also assured that their products would be the same quality as pre-shutdown. You are going to be very happy with that barrel. I have the same on this build and it is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Green Mountain, IIRC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
Originally Posted By pb57:
Who made Windham's barrels?

Green Mountain, IIRC.

This was confirmed by the nice lady that would answer the phone when I called about my 14.5" perm'd to 16. I called to ask who made the barrel and also about the pin/weld... Because just bright kitchen house lights you couldn't tell. She said it's because after they pin/weld they get refinished whether they are naked at the time of pin/weld or already have a finish. Got my TLR out and sure enough it was pinned exactly where she said it would be. My only 1/9 barrel but she shoots everything like my 1/7's do very well. I'll never part with it now...
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By longhunter09:

I ordered a 14.5" pw barrel a week before you. I spoke with a rep yesterday after receiving the email about smthe scam site. She couldn't give me an ETA beyond "a couple weeks", but assured me barrels were on their way. She said they were looking into options to speed up the process, and also assured that their products would be the same quality as pre-shutdown. You are going to be very happy with that barrel. I have the same on this build and it is awesome.
https://i.postimg.cc/05XQvkPS/20231214-192425.jpg
View Quote

Nice rifle, great to hear
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#6]
Looks like Sarco just put up some of the Windham parts - just bolts it looks like:
https://www.sarcoinc.com/search-results-page?q=windham
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like Sarco just put up some of the Windham parts - just bolts it looks like:
https://www.sarcoinc.com/search-results-page?q=windham
View Quote

Interesting. Complete M4A3 rifles as well.

Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear this and cannot believe that 12 years have passed since Bushmaster shit the bed.  Perhaps if these companies moved to gun-friendly states they would have a better chance of success?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kymarkh:  Sorry to hear this and cannot believe that 12 years have passed since Bushmaster shit the bed.  Perhaps if these companies moved to gun-friendly states they would have a better chance of success?
View Quote

Uh, Maine?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:13:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#10]
Originally Posted By kymarkh:
Sorry to hear this and cannot believe that 12 years have passed since Bushmaster shit the bed.  Perhaps if these companies moved to gun-friendly states they would have a better chance of success?
View Quote

Aside from the liberal leadership in office atm, Maine has been one of the greatest states regarding firearms. We've had constitutional carry for years now, been able to own and hunt with a suppressor, and law enforcement seldon knows/gives a hoot about what model/details of the firearms we are carrying.

I always wanted to take the trip downstate just to see WW.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

@longhunter09

Have you received your barrel or heard anything yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#12]

@longhunter09

View All Quotes

@longhunter09

@HammerForged.

I haven't. It's been almost 6 weeks since I ordered. They originally quoted me 6-8 weeks. I'll give it until after 8 weeks and then if I haven't heard anything I'll likely cancel and just order a Del-ton barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]

@HammerForged.

I haven't. It's been almost 6 weeks since I ordered. They originally quoted me 6-8 weeks. I'll give it until after 8 weeks and then if I haven't heard anything I'll likely cancel and just order a Del-ton barrel.
View Quote

Oh ok, I'll update when I get mine... Hopefully
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

@HammerForged.

I'll do the same. Maybe they'll get around to getting them out now that SHOT Show is over.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#16]
@HammerForged you might be in luck. I gave them a call and they said they will soon have some 16" and 20" barrels in stock that they sourced from the purchaser of the inventory when they shut down this summer. New inventory (including my 14.5") will be another 6-8 weeks most likely. They did confirm that they would be sourcing barrel blanks from the same vendor that will be machined by the same outfit that has been machining them since the original Bushmaster. That's good enough for me, and I'll keep waiting. He did say that if I wanted a barrel quicker of the EXACT same quality I should check with Green Mountain barrels, to see if they had that profile in stock. In law enforcement we call that a clue. I've always heard that WW got their blanks from GM.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#17]
@HammerForged you might be in luck. I gave them a call and they said they will soon have some 16" and 20" barrels in stock that they sourced from the purchaser of the inventory when they shut down this summer. New inventory (including my 14.5") will be another 6-8 weeks most likely. They did confirm that they would be sourcing barrel blanks from the same vendor that will be machined by the same outfit that has been machining them since the original Bushmaster. That's good enough for me, and I'll keep waiting. He did say that if I wanted a barrel quicker of the EXACT same quality I should check with Green Mountain barrels, to see if they had that profile in stock. In law enforcement we call that a clue. I've always heard that WW got their blanks from GM.
View Quote

Nice to hear, thanks for the update. So I guess I might get a pre shutdown barrel, I love GM barrels. Hopefully I get it in the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone received any product yet?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Was just at Windham today
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#20]
And?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
It’s coming along
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By zdenstk:
It’s coming along
View Quote

Did we ever figure out who bought the company?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Asking again, 4 days later - has anyone received any product from the new company?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Asking again, 4 days later - has anyone received any product from the new company?
View Quote

Nope. Order place 12/19/23.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone's credit card been charged?  Any shipping notifications?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone's credit card been charged?  Any shipping notifications?
View Quote

Mine was charged the day I placed the order (12/19)
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:19:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cheeky556] [#28]
I saw their LE rep post in a facebook group that their new FFL just got approved last week.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I ordered a Dissipator barrel right after the website went back up. The charge was pending for multiple days and then disappeared from my CC account as if I never ordered. After a few weeks of no updates, I called Windham and the lady said, "That barrel isn't in stock" despite the website saying "In Stock" and allowing me to place the order. I gave up and got one from PSA instead.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:  I ordered a Dissipator barrel right after the website went back up. The charge was pending for multiple days and then disappeared from my CC account as if I never ordered. After a few weeks of no updates, I called Windham and the lady said, "That barrel isn't in stock" despite the website saying "In Stock" and allowing me to place the order. I gave up and got one from PSA instead.
View Quote

That's a positive sign - better than Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 7:46:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: longhunter09] [#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:  I ordered a Dissipator barrel right after the website went back up. The charge was pending for multiple days and then disappeared from my CC account as if I never ordered. After a few weeks of no updates, I called Windham and the lady said, "That barrel isn't in stock" despite the website saying "In Stock" and allowing me to place the order. I gave up and got one from PSA instead.

Makes me wonder why I was charged and he wasn't. I'm leaning towards just canceling the order and sourcing the barrel somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like their popular "A1 Government" model is back, although a bit pricier than before:

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/r20gvta1s-7/
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Most of there rifles are on back order.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By recon:  Most of there rifles are on back order.
View Quote

Given they'd shut down production due to bankruptcy, not very surprising.

The question is, are they actually shipping what product they have?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Now I wonder if my order from July will get fulfilled or not. I can’t see where they charged my card

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MK318:  Now I wonder if my order from July will get fulfilled or not. I can’t see where they charged my card

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_4048_jpeg-3128669.JPG
View Quote

Pre-shutdown?  I doubt it.  You'll probably need to call and see if they have it in stock, or if you can back order it.  Assuming they're actually shipping product, which we've not seen proof of yet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#37]
What is the back order policy?

They ship the barrel when it gets in and then charge your card or is it charged when you order?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
What is the back order policy?

They ship the barrel when it gets in and then charge your card or is it charged when you order?
View Quote

They charged my card when I ordered two months ago.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]
A2 barrel ordered. They said it will ship in 2 weeks.

They’re working on f marked fsb barrels.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:21:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: longhunter09] [#40]
A2 barrel ordered. They said it will ship in 2 weeks.

They’re working on f marked fsb barrels.
View Quote

That's a good sign. I got email notification that Delton 14.5" CL M4 non-F FSB barrel kits were back in stock. Was just thinking about canceling with Windham and grabbing one of those. But I'll give it another couple weeks I suppose. Did they charge your card? @fadedsun
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Has ANYONE received product?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#42]

That's a good sign. I got email notification that Delton 14.5" CL M4 non-F FSB barrel kits were back in stock. Was just thinking about canceling with Windham and grabbing one of those. But I'll give it another couple weeks I suppose. Did they charge your card? @fadedsun
View Quote

Card charged but should drop off until it ships per the rep.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I got email from them today

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Interesting. Mine was charged and it never dropped off.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Called today and got some more info. My card was not supposed to be charged, but was because of a glitch on the website that has been fixed. Also, barrels are coming in batches, starting with 20", then 16", then 14.5". It's going to be a while for the 14.5s", maybe a couple months. He did reassure me that the barrels are coming. It's already been over two months when I was initially told 6-8 weeks. Not sure if I want to wait a couple more months.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#46]
It's good to see them back, but unfortunate that it's taking a bit. Wonder how much they had to tool back up?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:36:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Has anyone yet received their order?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BigHunt:
I get why they called it that but Windham Weaponry was always a stupid name.
View Quote

I mean they were out of Windham, Maine, were they not?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#49]

They sold a lot of their warehouse through an online auction a few months ago.  They had tons of stuff.  I didn't bid on anything.  https://www.proxibid.com/Keenan-Auction-Company-Inc/23-110-WINDHAM-WEAPONRY-FIREARMS-PARTS-INVENTORY/event-catalog/249619?p=3&sort=4#cnTb
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Order for an a2 barrel placed on 2-20-24. Told 2 weeks for shipping.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top