Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

I agree lol I love my dd barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:
You guys wouldn't let me in here if I used a 10.3 mk18 barrel would you ? I have one sitting from when I tore mine apart and nothing has interested me enough to use it again yet. I like these though and already have a sandman.

10.3 dd barrel is better than the clone correct one

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
OST
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
You guys wouldn't let me in here if I used a 10.3 mk18 barrel would you ? I have one sitting from when I tore mine apart and nothing has interested me enough to use it again yet. I like these though and already have a sandman.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

I sense as though I've missed something .
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
So I finally got all my parts together to build a pair of Devgru clones and I'm getting ready to do my form 1's. What is the overall length with a SL-K stock? I have my receivers all boxed up ready to get sent out for Cerakoting so I don't want to unbox to figure out to oal. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tlduncan14] [#5]
Both  Lightweight barrels are restocked for those looking.

Simple Man Armory
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
What buffer are you guys using for both supersonic and subs?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I use H2 but I think I’ve heard that DEV might use H3.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Cross posting this from the 6 arc clone thread because it is relevant here also

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Cross posting this from the 6 arc clone thread because it is relevant here also

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/B110EEF9-9B53-474B-8E6F-38014CAFDE96_jpe-3176071.JPG
View Quote

What are the specs on the issued Devgru 6mm ARC upper?

Is it something you can put together from parts available on the commercial market? Or are parts of it unobtanium?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:17:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#10]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

What are the specs on the issued Devgru 6mm ARC upper?

Is it something you can put together from parts available on the commercial market? Or are parts of it unobtanium?
View Quote
Depends on which 6 arc rifle you are referring to.

The Geissele rifle can be done easily.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/NSWDG-6-ARC-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread-/118-785547/

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rockin_R] [#11]
Does anyone happen to have a Gen 1 lower they'd be willing to part with? I ordered one from Capital Supply and after being lost by the USPS for almost a month it gets here and it's a....Gen 3. Of course they have no more Gen 1s.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#12]
AAC posted on IG they're still getting/qc'ing parts for the m42000s.

"trying to source
components that aren't as easy
to get as stainless steel plus
having the raw materials takes
time. With most of the nickel ore
that goes into true 718 lnconel
coming out of Eastern Europe
makes things even more difficult.
We apologize but we're not
gonna put out a product with
sub-par components just to meet
a proposed date"

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WittyTiger] [#13]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:59:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#14]
Attachment Attached File

Threw it together based off a poor quality video . It showed what looks like either a 1-4 or 2.5-10x24 in bridged NF rings along with a Wilcox OASYS mount in front of it. No can, AFG, and what appears to be a m340v but definitely a scout style light. Probably an ngal on the right side of rifle but no way to tell 100%. Also appeared to be a dead air flash hider but I couldn't tell the caliber.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_6558_jpeg-3185162.JPG

Threw it together based off a poor quality video . It showed what looks like either a 1-4 or 2.5-10x24 in a rings along with a Wilcox OASYS mount in front of it. No can, AFG, and what appears to be a m340v but definitely a scout. Probably an ngal on the right side of rifle but no way to tell 100%. Also appeared to be a dead air flash hider but I couldn't tell the caliber.

View Quote

Damn it! I am in the process of doing this clone and you beat me to it.   I’ll guess I’ll just have to clone the non airsoft version then…
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#16]

Threw it together based off a poor quality video . It showed what looks like either a 1-4 or 2.5-10x24 in a rings along with a Wilcox OASYS mount in front of it. No can, AFG, and what appears to be a m340v but definitely a scout. Probably an ngal on the right side of rifle but no way to tell 100%. Also appeared to be a dead air flash hider but I couldn't tell the caliber.

View Quote

The Wilcox mount would be from a VooDoo. If you’re 100% sure it’s a scout and not the olight, that’d be kinda unique as I believe it’d be the first sighting of a modern SF light on a dev gun since the old 600Bs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Where da vid tho?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

The Wilcox mount would be from a VooDoo. If you're 100% sure it's a scout and not the olight, that'd be kinda unique as I believe it'd be the first sighting of a modern SF light on a dev gun since the old 600Bs.
View Quote
Oh god I really hope it's not an olight but it's really hard to tell exactly what it is.

I do believe that this photo does show a a scout light with a reptilia mlok body, black vampire head and a pressure switch end cap.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

But then again, we are literally counting pixels at this point and it can just be a case of pareidolia.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#19]
Oh god I really hope it's not an olight but it's really hard to tell exactly what it is.

I do believe that this photo does show a a scout light with a reptilia mlok body, black vampire head and a pressure switch end cap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/10154745-AF1A-4E54-96E4-B601E10BF61F_jpe-3185230.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_6561_png-3185233.JPG

But then again, we are literally counting pixels at this point and it can just be a case of pareidolia.

View Quote

Looks like a turd
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Gen 1 lowers are absolutely cooked right now, people trying to sell them for $400+ stripped. Why did DEVGRU decide to go with a generic milspec lower? I have half a mind to get an unmarked lower and see if someone will just engrave it with the correct markings then cerakote.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By medieval_flail:
Why did DEVGRU decide to go with a generic milspec lower?
View Quote

1. Because part of the solicitation specified forged and the Gen 1 lower was enough to meet that requirement.

2. Because it was also the only lower Noveske had access to in their supply chain (for the quantity) that supports a FA FCG.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

1. Because part of the solicitation specified forged and the Gen 1 lower was enough to meet that requirement.

2. Because it was also the only lower Noveske had access to in their supply chain (for the quantity) that supports a FA FCG.
View Quote

OK that makes sense. I think they should bring that supply back instead of Chainsaws.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

I wonder about that. The barrel is the most interesting part of the build besides the looks. Why would you use a stainless steel barrel, typically reserved for precision shooting with less expected barrel life, for a 10.5 that is probably going to be mag dumped at 20' if it ever sees actual combat? I assume they're toying with salt water corrosion resistance here, or maybe Noveske SS barrels really have secret sauce for chrome lined levels of barrel life? I wonder how often DG even get in the water these days beyond keeping current on their training. The guys who fell off the ship near Somalia were regular SEALs probably using MK18s.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#24]

I wonder about that. The barrel is the most interesting part of the build besides the looks. Why would you use a stainless steel barrel, typically reserved for precision shooting with less expected barrel life, for a 10.5 that is probably going to be mag dumped at 20' if it ever sees actual combat? I assume they're toying with salt water corrosion resistance here, or maybe Noveske SS barrels really have secret sauce for chrome lined levels of barrel life? I wonder how often DG even get in the water these days beyond keeping current on their training. The guys who fell off the ship near Somalia were regular SEALs probably using MK18s.
View Quote
Barrel life, per the user manual, is 10k rounds.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/76E1A7A2-0BFB-4576-962A-8069AD76CD06_jpe-3191937.JPG
View Quote

Is there a MK18 or URGI user manual that shows barrel life?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#26]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/76E1A7A2-0BFB-4576-962A-8069AD76CD06_jpe-3191937.JPG
View All Quotes

Big gas port for a 10.5" 5.56.

The stainless barrels will wear out with quick tempo semi auto and full auto firing with the rifling literally no longer existing in the barrel at a certain point. I couldn't tell you the exact firing schedule or number of rounds, but it does happen. Seems like they prioritized precision over durability.

Your clones probably won't see tons of rounds put them in a short amount of time or 10,000 rounds so it's a non issue for you guys anyway.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:02:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#27]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

The stainless barrels will wear out with quick tempo semi auto and full auto firing with the rifling literally no longer existing in the barrel at a certain point. I couldn't tell you the exact firing schedule or number of rounds, but it does happen. Seems like they prioritized precision over durability.

Your clones probably won't see tons of rounds put them in a short amount of time or 10,000 rounds so it's a non issue for you guys anyway.
View All Quotes

You can say the same for any barrel as none are impervious to wear. While we have no idea how Noveske determined the number they gave to DEVGRU for expected parts life or what the "mission critical" data point is, it still implies that the durability of these barrels are being significantly underestimated by a few here. To the point where barrel life won't realistically be a concern more than any other similar setup.

Is there a MK18 or URGI user manual that shows barrel life?

You can find a Crane test of 12600 rounds of m855a1 through multiple mk18s here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/597679b68419c2bc1f2f8ef1/t/598390fdb8a79b354102d3fb/1501794563797/CRANE+Test+Data+Mk18.pdf

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#28]

You can say the same for any barrel as none are impervious to wear. While we have no idea how Noveske determined the number they gave to DEVGRU for expected parts life or what the "mission critical" data point is, it still implies that the durability of these barrels are being significantly underestimated by a few here. To the point where barrel life won't realistically be a concern more than any other similar setup.

You can find a Crane test of 12600 rounds of m855a1 through multiple mk18s here:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/597679b68419c2bc1f2f8ef1/t/598390fdb8a79b354102d3fb/1501794563797/CRANE+Test+Data+Mk18.pdf

View Quote

I would assume "Mission Critical" is probably whatever the MOA requirement was for the contract solicitation. I vaguely remember Tinycrumb saying he saw or heard what the accuracy requirement was and stated it was crazy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Noveske loves giant ports.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Noveske loves giant ports.
View Quote

Reliability….
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

Reliability….
View Quote

You're right. .07 10.3s are known to be unreliable.

It's funny all the complaining folks used to do to DD about the .08ish? Ports on the commercial 10.3 barrels. So much so that they finally started making em at the proper .07.  But noveske using the same gaping holes and it's "reliability".
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:41:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#32]

It's funny all the complaining folks used to do to DD about the .08ish? Ports on the commercial 10.3 barrels. So much so that they finally started making em at the proper .07.  But noveske using the same gaping holes and it's "reliability".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

Reliability .

Haha I was literally about to respond with that - people used to lose their shit over DD's earlier Mk18 uppers with the larger ports like it was most horrible thing in the world.

Then again, I'm not a high volume shooter doing suppressed mag dumps with thousands and thousands of rounds every month. My larger port DD Mk18 upper has been just fine (I don't even recall a single issue with it either) in the almost 10 years I've had it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:54:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#33]

It's funny all the complaining folks used to do to DD about the .08ish? Ports on the commercial 10.3 barrels. So much so that they finally started making em at the proper .07.  But noveske using the same gaping holes and its "reliability".
View Quote
You can take it up with DEVGRU for requesting .075.

(or at least writing up requirements that called for it)

The gapping hole has always been for "reliability". Specifically for the commercial market where the available ammo isn't a constant.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I thought the operators posting on this forum know more about gas ports than them?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#35]

(or at least writing up requirements that called for it)

The gapping hole has always been for "reliability". Specifically for the commercial market where the available ammo isn't a constant.
View Quote

Noveske's theory has always been precision and reliability in adverse conditions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
You don't really have to be an operator to comment on gas port size. My 10.3 colt has run suppressed with 5.56 ammo perfectly... hot, dirty, whatever.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#37]
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:
You don't really have to be an operator to comment on gas port size. My 10.3 colt has run suppressed with 5.56 ammo perfectly... hot, dirty, whatever.
View Quote

Pretty sure DEV guys are shooting in conditions and environments a lot different than you….
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyways, back to DEVGRU posting. Taking it to the range in this configuration tomorrow.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#40]
They have B Line lowers on the website, that means they'll still stock them right
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I can vouch for this guy if anyone’s interested.  I don’t think he’s a member here.  

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Same, Chris is a good dude.
Page / 78
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top