Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tiribulus:
I stumbled over THIS outfit last night. I know nothing about them except they have an active Facebook page. They at least appear legit. I might be buying a couple FDE parts from them.
View Quote

Looks like it’s all Cerakoted.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Looks like it’s all Cerakoted.
View Quote

Oops. Didn't occur to me. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Oops. Didn't occur to me. Sorry.
View Quote

Still good stuff. They do lots of small parts that you normally don’t see in FDE.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:12:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _LandCruiser_] [#4]
I stumbled over THIS outfit last night. I know nothing about them except they have an active Facebook page. They at least appear legit. I might be buying a couple FDE parts from them.
View Quote

FDE Cerakote isn't Tano, just saying.

*Edit, I see it has been addressed. New page
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:00:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PGT_0673] [#5]
Very helpful thread.  Working on this LMT I just rebuilt after buying from a local shop. Tanodized ambi MARS set with LWRC brown ano handguard, Geissele buffer tube and LMT furniture. Need to decided on a CH and maybe swap the rear sight.  I had a tano PVD'ed BCG in another rifle I might swap over.  Need to grab an FCD dust cover too, next time they're in stock.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#6]
Was browsing the HK section and ran across this rail owned by a member here. It’s a Wilcox rail for a 416. It is in fact anodized.

Attachment Attached File

I didn’t know it was possible so I looked into it. Turns out it is a real thing and people get pretty crazy with it. People use stencils to blast away the finish in the pattern they want. The blasted area can then be anodized any color you want without modifying the existing color as the unblasted anodizing will no longer take a charge.

Single item anodizing kits can be had for as little as $300.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PGT_0673:
Very helpful thread.  Working on this LMT I just rebuilt after buying from a local shop. Tanodized ambi MARS set with LWRC brown ano handguard, Geissele buffer tube and LMT furniture. Need to decided on a CH and maybe swap the rear sight.  I had a tano PVD'ed BCG in another rifle I might swap over.  Need to grab an FCD dust cover too, next time they're in stock.

https://i.imgur.com/ttIREqoh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LSepJ3Th.jpg
View Quote

That's a handsome gun!
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got an email that Faxon is making TiN Barrels
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#9]
My buddy just got in a Mk14 that’s the super glossy metallic copper like my lower and the one posted by outrider. Really hoping this was just a temporary thing. I’m even debating Cerakoting my lower.

Mine shines like a brand new penny and I’ll sadly stop buying G stuff if this is the new normal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually prefer the older brown shades if ddc more than the gold tones

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The 15” mk4 in the first picture was my absolute favorite shade
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm rolling the tanodice again. Going to try a FCD upper and Thoroughbred lower.

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an EWS tano ambi set that should be here hopefully by early March.  It’s a colab with HTS so I’m pretty anxious to see if the receivers are as nice as the non ambi set I got from the last colab.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
I have an EWS tano ambi set that should be here hopefully by early March.  It’s a colab with HTS so I’m pretty anxious to see if the receivers are as nice as the non ambi set I got from the last colab.
View Quote

How can I get in on these drops?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]
A buddy of mine says he thought he saw a tano ambi M4E1 lower at Aero’s booth.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]
A buddy of mine says he thought he saw a tano ambi M4E1 lower at Aero’s booth.
View Quote

I think I saw a picture somewhere. I would just like to see standard tanodized lowers/uppers. Just not crazy about the billet looking ones.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:51:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I think I saw a picture somewhere. I would just like to see standard tanodized lowers/uppers. Just not crazy about the billet looking ones.
View Quote

Looks like it is only M4E1 too.

It looks like they made a rail that’s actually good. Geissele like mounting but up top instead of the bottom. Steel QD cups. If they drop it in Kodiak I might have to get a builder set.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Looks like it is only M4E1 too.

It looks like they made a rail that’s actually good. Geissele like mounting but up top instead of the bottom. Steel QD cups. If they drop it in Kodiak I might have to get a builder set.
View Quote

If a Kodiak set is available I may be in if the right side is true bolt catch/release. The current M4E1 doesn’t allow me to run a Redi Catch which is a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]

If a Kodiak set is available I may be in if the right side is true bolt catch/release. The current M4E1 doesn’t allow me to run a Redi Catch which is a deal breaker for me.
View Quote

It’s basically a full normal paddle on the right side.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Just picked her up a few days ago. Still working on outfitting it with all the extras.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ak4784:
Just picked her up a few days ago. Still working on outfitting it with all the extras.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53193/IMG_5440_jpeg-3106624.JPG
View Quote

Those receivers look about as perfect as it can get!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By _LandCruiser_:

How can I get in on these drops?
View Quote

Shot ya a PM with info
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#23]
My Thoroughbred lower came in. On the lighter side of things but a nice looking lower. The FCD FDE upper looks more clear ano to me.

In picture:
-Geissele set on rifle
-MSP set
-Geissele set from BF 2023
-Thoroughbred lower/FCD upper
-Aero Kodiak upper

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#24]
My Thoroughbred lower came in. On the lighter side of things but a nice looking lower. The FCD FDE upper looks more clear ano to me.

In picture:
-Geissele set on rifle
-MSP set
-Aero Kodiak upper

https://i.imgur.com/lUZ2cE9.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful set of receiver sets.  I wish the MSP set had a different roll mark or less of a billboard anyway since I love that shade.  I’m hoping my ambi EWS set is that shade.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:24:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#25]

In picture:
-Geissele set on rifle
-MSP set
-Aero Kodiak upper

View Quote

Nice collection. I like the more tan side of things so big fan of that Thoroughbred lower. I still think the OG Aero FDE anodizing was my favorite. Thoroughbred seems to be picking up where Primary Arms Expo line fell off.

Speaking of Aero, my buddy went back and no tano M4E1 Pro lower. I did catch what appears to be their new MOD 4 rail in Kodiak in a video though. I hate my M4E1 rail with a passion and their Atlas system is the real bendy boy so I’m curious.

Attachment Attached File

Haven’t seen much tano action otherwise. Was really hoping PSA would pick it up but looks like they doubled down on Cerakote.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Nice collection. I like the more tan side of things so big fan of that Thoroughbred lower. I still think the OG Aero FDE anodizing was my favorite. Thoroughbred seems to be picking up where Primary Arms Expo line fell off.

Speaking of Aero, my buddy went back and no tano M4E1 Pro lower. I did catch what appears to be their new MOD 4 rail in Kodiak in a video though. I hate my M4E1 rail with a passion and their Atlas system is the real bendy boy so I’m curious.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3134_jpeg-3108724.JPG

Haven’t seen much tano action otherwise. Was really hoping PSA would pick it up but looks like they doubled down on Cerakote.
View Quote

Ive already been drooling over a potential Kodiak Brown in their new Mod4 Rail…

I’m pretty interested to see how they turn out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:52:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#27]
I lost it due to an Instagram refresh but EOTech has tanodized LPVO’s now.

Not tano but Gun Cuts has a new earthy bronze PVD for steel parts they just started offering. I’m glad ATEI never responded to me on my HK. The USP frame will match the Coyote B5 furniture on my G$ build and copper PVD will match my copper DDC lower and I’m building them as a pair.

DDC should also be renamed to desert dirt copper.

I’m really liking this high metal content PVD that’s gaining popularity because of Glock. Looked at a new FN pistol the other day and if you didn’t know the slide was steel you wouldn’t be able to tell it apart from tano.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]

In picture:
-Geissele set on rifle
-MSP set
-Aero Kodiak upper

View Quote

FCD upper definitely looks like clear ano, but I like it.

New MSP upper and G lower look very close. Nice collection brother.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#29]
@Outrider

What is that sling mount on the URX?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ankratz:
@Outrider

What is that sling mount on the URX?
View Quote

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/m-lok-steel-sling-adaptor-m-lok/

I’ve moved away from the QD socket stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Updated pic with the LPVO.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Colors and shades.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Colors and shades.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274532/1000000510-3113665.jpg
View Quote

I need that carry handle tano upper! Lol
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53193/IMG_5462_jpeg-3113656.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53193/IMG_5462_jpeg-3113656.JPG

Colors and shades.

What receiver sets are these?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:04:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#35]

View Quote

@Outrider
My rifle is a Wolf Pack Armory MK5 Duty rifle. All WPA rifle. They are an Industry Partner here. Check em out. I recently got to tour their facility. Great shop, great dudes. They have a post for this rifle in the New Products sub here in the AR section that has some extra details.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]

@Outrider
My rifle is a Wolf Pack Armory MK5 Duty rifle. All WPA rifle. They are an Industry Partner here. Check em out. I recently got to tour their facility. Great shot, great dudes. They have a post for this rifle in the New Products sub here in the AR section that has some extra details.
View Quote

They took a lot of feedback from people here. Turned out pretty dang good if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak4784] [#37]

They took a lot of feedback from people here. Turned out pretty dang good if you ask me.
View Quote

Thanks. Yeah, it’s a badass rifle. I love the thing and I haven’t even fired it yet.

They were super cool to deal with. At the time of my going to their shop, this full FDE version was not an option. Chatting with them and throwing ideas around they agreed to build me this rifle. It turned out so sick they decided to add it to the MK5 line up. This is what they are going to call “Sandstorm”. So I would imagine it’s probably available to buy now. Or will be very soon.
The only things I am considering changing on it right now is…maybe the stock. I really want to try a B5 SOPMOD and possibly swap the flash hider for a break or comp. Not quite sure yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Ripcord FDE and Clear. The other lowers are from a guy called Norse Forge that did small runs and then closed shop not too long afterward.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sleipnir_tacoma] [#39]
Well I've got an interesting one for you guys. I bought this probably about a year ago off GunBroker for $885. It was sold as a Colt LE6920 FDE. It caught my eye because the keyhole on both receivers. What confuses me to this day is the anodizing I see on both receivers. I always assumed it was just a blem colt cerakoted but now I'm not so sure. I've looked up the serial before and it says it's an LE6920MPFDE. Here are some pics:

https://imgur.com/a/ADGCCgY
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sleipnir_tacoma:
Well I've got an interesting one for you guys. I bought this probably about a year ago off GunBroker for $885. It was sold as a Colt LE6920 FDE. It caught my eye because the keyhole on both receivers. What confuses me to this day is the anodizing I see on both receivers. I always assumed it was just a blem colt cerakoted but now I'm not so sure. I've looked up the serial before and it says it's an LE6920MPFDE. Here are some pics:

View Quote

Looks like it is one of the anodized ones. They only made a handful of them and they usually sell for a premium in good condition. Not sure you’d make a profit selling it as it looks pretty well used, but cool stuff.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh I wouldn't sell it. I was wanting to reanodize it and being it back to life because I have a LE6920MPG-OD and thought this was a weird variant to hold it's place until I found a tanodized one. Turns out I had it the whole time
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:25:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ducati650] [#42]
Just an FYI, I posted an FDE, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Unity Tactical Hot Button in EE / Lights and Lasers that is in like new condition.

Also a new, unused Modbutton Lite in FDE.

Both have Surefire plugs.

Cold link: https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/-Price-drop-WTS-Unity-HOT-Button-FDE-SF-and-Modelite-Modbutton-Lite-FDE-SF-/148-2420028/

If this post breaks some rule, let me know and I will delete it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Are there any non-forward assist tano uppers around?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:45:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#44]
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:
View Quote

If Aero would make a Tano Slicky upper that's what I'd get. I've had great success with the Std Mil Spec coated versions over the years on quite a few builds..

Can't answer your Q directly, I haven't researched it..

Edit: Wow. Just went to Aero's website to have a look. They're discontinuing the Mil Spec black slick side uppers. Damn, I think I'll nail another one just because.. they're on sale for ~$70
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:
View Quote

I think FCD has an offering but it’s a light tanodize color-looks more clear ano to me.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Outrider:I think FCD has an offering but it’s a light tanodize color-looks more clear ano to me.
View Quote

Looks like Roger's got both FDE & Clear Ano options.. $$$

FCD Slick Upper
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:

Looks like Roger's got both FDE & Clear Ano options.. $$$

FCD Slick Upper
View Quote

His FDE is very light
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Colors and shades.

View Quote

@_LandCruiser_

What rail and color is that just above the SOPMOD?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SlowTA:

@_LandCruiser_

What rail and color is that just above the SOPMOD?
View Quote

It's a Cloud Defensive CORv3, 15" clear ano 6061.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#50]

It's a Cloud Defensive CORv3, 15" clear ano 6061.
View Quote

That’s right!  I knew I recognized the rail from someplace. Thank you.

Does it look as grey/silver in person as it does in that picture?  Kinda digging the color there.
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top