AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 5:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SlowTA:

You cost me some money

Here's hoping for some Geissele DDC deals as well!
View Quote

Got mine in today. Daaang she purty. It’s about as close to tano on steel in appearance as you’re going to get. Staking is good, gas ring to race fit is right where it should be, bolt is marked, everything is as advertised. If I wasn’t going on an AR hiatus after this build I’d probably order a few more.

Next to a DDC rail.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got an email from Optics Planet (not my preferred dealer, but just the same.)

Tanodized Trijicon MRO on sale
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:
Just got an email from Optics Planet (not my preferred dealer, but just the same.)

View Quote

Got me
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#5]
Originally Posted By officerX: Got me
View Quote

Sorry!

More Tano from OP

Oops. Looks like this one is Cerakote. Still nice though..

Edit: Well, this one's Tano!
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 8:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#6]
Geissele Black Friday sale is live.

DDC receiver set for $160 and charging handle for $65 in my cart.

ETA: The Geissele LPVO in DDC is on sale for $400. Seen a lot of nitpicking the feature set on them but that’s $600 off.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Geissele Black Friday sale is live.

DDC receiver set for $160 and charging handle for $65 in my cart.

ETA: The Geissele LPVO in DDC is on sale for $400. Seen a lot of nitpicking the feature set on them but that’s $600 off.
View Quote

I’m in for another DDC set as I wasn’t happy with my MSP rose gold color. Great price on a receiver set, period.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I’m in for another DDC set as I wasn’t happy with my MSP rose gold color. Great price on a receiver set, period.
View Quote

Dang. I went back debating another set just to have and they’re already gone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 5:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#9]

View Quote

It’s darker in person

Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Got mine in today. Daaang she purty. It’s about as close to tano on steel in appearance as you’re going to get. Staking is good, gas ring to race fit is right where it should be, bolt is marked, everything is as advertised. If I wasn’t going on an AR hiatus after this build I’d probably order a few more.

Next to a DDC rail.
https://i.ibb.co/wKkRd38/IMG-2984.jpg
View Quote

Mine came in and matched my DDC rail pretty closely too. Very very nice quality.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By officerX:

It’s darker in person

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335460/IMG_0600-3042257.jpg
View Quote

Still looks nice, no doubt. And, it's Tanno!
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#12]
Got my SCH from Black Friday today. Same dark anodizing as my Mk16 and a spot on match. Wondering if Geissele didn’t change things up. Unfortunately my buffer tube and receivers are still pending.

Really beating myself up on a barrel. Wanting something really light but the CHF options for 14.5 LW barrels suck hard. BCM is forever out of stock. Debating just throwing a Faxon in it since FN and DD seem to think lightweight means anything but HBAR.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my SCH from Black Friday today. Same dark anodizing as my Mk16 and a spot on match. Wondering if Geissele didn’t change things up. Unfortunately my buffer tube and receivers are still pending.

Really beating myself up on a barrel. Wanting something really light but the CHF options for 14.5 LW barrels suck hard. BCM is forever out of stock. Debating just throwing a Faxon in it since FN and DD seem to think lightweight means anything but HBAR.
View Quote

Not CHF, but these are a great option.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikencycle] [#14]
Originally Posted By officerX:

Not CHF, but these are a great option.
View Quote

Ballistic Advantage barrels are great. BKing has the best prices and is great to deal with. They ship very quickly.

BKing Firearms offering of Ballistic Advantage items
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#15]
I haven’t had the best of luck with BA unfortunately.

Turns out the place I looked had the wrong profile for the picture so going to go with a DD LW CHF 14.5” with a Geissele gas block. That will probably have to wait until after the holidays though as I’m looking at around $600 for the barrel, gas block, muzzle device, and pinning. Ouch.

Anyone have experience with Geissele’s 4-6 week wait on FFL items? Hoping it’s not actually 4-6 weeks.

Still planning to go no black on this build. Debating if I have the Mk16 rail bolts coated. Sounds cheesy but they’re literally going to be the only thing that’s black.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Still planning to go no black on this build. Debating if I have the Mk16 rail bolts coated. Sounds cheesy but they’re literally going to be the only thing that’s black.
View Quote

Hardcore
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Goody454:

Hardcore
View Quote

Yeah I’m torn on committing. Stuff like sling buckles, iron sight screws, etc, there’s a lot of little stuff to chase down that just doesn’t seem logical. Oh well, I won’t finish it out for a month or two so plenty of time to change course.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got my Black Friday receivers from Geissele. No doubt they changed their anodizing process. All are more brownodized and it’s thick too. Will throw some pics up later. Was hoping for a lighter shade but not any less enthusiastic.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got my Black Friday receivers from Geissele. No doubt they changed their anodizing process. All are more brownodized and it's thick too. Will throw some pics up later. Was hoping for a lighter shade but not any less enthusiastic.
View Quote
Totally subjective but my favorite shades of DDC were the older, kinda purple/rose gold hues of brown. A lot of the CMT handguards mimick those shades.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Totally subjective but my favorite shades of DDC were the older, kinda purple/rose gold hues of brown. A lot of the CMT handguards mimick those shades.
View Quote

Same. I have bought like 7 different DDC products in the last month, all of them are basically gold. Which is fine, but I do miss the old variation. Guess I’ll stick to the blem sales
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:24:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#21]
My lower is pretty copper in color. Also didn’t know the receiver sets came with tabbed uppers. Guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for a tabbed Mk16 during sales. Not far off from completing the blooper duty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#22]
My lower is pretty copper in color. Also didn't know the receiver sets came with tabbed uppers. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for a tabbed Mk16 during sales. Not far off from completing the blooper duty.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/PhotoRoom_20231208_162015_jpeg-3053646.JPG
View Quote
That looks awesome. I got a DDC set & OD Green set coming, hopefully it's either goldish or that color.

My card has not even been charged yet from the BF sale.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:30:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#23]
Got my Black Friday DDC receiver set in and pretty disappointed in A) the matching between receivers, period and B) the copper/rose gold color of the lower. The upper shade is actually really nice.

I've included some comparisons among some other tandodize shades including a DDC set from a few years ago. I'll have to figure out what I want to do.

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my Black Friday DDC receiver set in and pretty disappointed in A) the matching between receivers, period and B) the copper/rose gold color of the lower. The upper shade is actually really nice.

I've included some comparisons among some other tandodize shades including a DDC set from a few years ago. I'll have to figure out what I want to do.

https://i.imgur.com/PIalXxn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EkbAFB3.jpg
View Quote

that rose/copper DDC on your lower looks similar to the older DDC color that was on the older rails.  how does it look in natural light vs artificial light?

t
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

that rose/copper DDC on your lower looks similar to the older DDC color that was on the older rails.  how does it look in natural light vs artificial light?

t
View Quote

These pictures were taken outside with no artificial lighting and indirect sunlight.

I really like the stripped DDC upper color. Its the MSP set and new DDC lower shades I don't care for. The MSP upper is almost a dead match for the new DDC lower. I guess it's the "copper" and " rose gold" like shades I'm trying to avoid. More neutral browns for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 9:15:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#26]

These pictures were taken outside with no artificial lighting and indirect sunlight.

I really like the stripped DDC upper color. Its the MSP set and new DDC lower shades I don't care for. The MSP upper is almost a dead match for the new DDC lower. I guess it's the "copper" and " rose gold" like shades I'm trying to avoid. More neutral browns for me.
View Quote

Agreed. I like the more tanish gold like my Mk8’s. I can live with mine though. At least it’s not metallic maroon like my CMT DRT rail.

There’s an anodizing shade trade thread in their industry forum FYI.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#27]

https://i.imgur.com/PIalXxn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wOLAm4V.jpg
View Quote

That DDC and MSP combo in your second picture looks pretty nice to me!
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 9:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5L33P3R] [#28]

That DDC and MSP combo in your second picture looks pretty nice to me!
View Quote

I agree, I hope the ambi tano receiver set I have coming is that shade and not gold.  
I prefer the rose/copper/purple-brown tano shades
T
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#29]
MSP upper/lower look good to me. All the other stuff looks good too truthfully. 500 shades..
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I’d buy that new DDC lower if you want to sell it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

The MSP upper/lower combo looks pretty good. Please post the link on where to get the MSP receivers, I am interested in picking them up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

The MSP upper/lower combo looks pretty good. Please post the link on where to get the MSP receivers, I am interested in picking them up.
View Quote

https://msp-manufacturing.com/armory/product/m18-receiver-set/

I'm pretty sure they do Ripcord's products.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:54:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#33]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

View Quote

Maybe here? MSP Receiver Set

Edit: Outrider beat me to it!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Non tano but tano looking heathenry: ATEI does FDE PVD that looks very tanodized for steel parts.

I just ordered a coyote frame HK USP and will eventually have the slide, jet funnel magwell, and slide stop done in this finish.

(This belongs to a member here but don’t know who.)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#35]

https://msp-manufacturing.com/armory/product/m18-receiver-set/

I'm pretty sure they do Ripcord's products.
View Quote

Thank you for the link.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Gentlemen. I need the hivemind's assistance. I have caught the bug. Trying to find a tano'd 7" quality rail with a 1.3" or larger ID to fit a riflespeed gas block on a pistol-length gas system. Been researching and Aero's Kodiak Atlas apparently won't work due to the material where the gas block/tube would sit. Also looking back on the thread, I missed the train on a G rail that isn't 9"+.

Trying to build a 50 shades of Tan or Tano/Green-o 8.5" 300 not-a-honey-badger-why-do-I-not-just-buy-one-at-this-point.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Stealthy_Waffle:
Gentlemen. I need the hivemind's assistance. I have caught the bug. Trying to find a tano'd 7" quality rail with a 1.3" or larger ID to fit a riflespeed gas block on a pistol-length gas system. Been researching and Aero's Kodiak Atlas apparently won't work due to the material where the gas block/tube would sit. Also looking back on the thread, I missed the train on a G rail that isn't 9"+.

Trying to build a 50 shades of Tan or Tano/Green-o 8.5" 300 not-a-honey-badger-why-do-I-not-just-buy-one-at-this-point.
View Quote

I've got a G 7" DDC MK4 rail I swapped out for black on my 8" build. The only problem is the barrel nut is a stupid tight fit. I forgot how tight it was when I first installed it, and quickly came to the realization when I removed it. I bought it new from Primary Arms years ago.

Let me know if any interest. It will come with a new barrel nut (I just swapped the rail, not the barrel nut when I went with the black MK4.)

Old pic with DDC

New pic with Black

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#38]

New pic with Black

https://media.fotki.com/2v2eLwEiEx9T3R.jpg
View Quote

Why do you have a rear back up sight in addition to the Unity Mount?

Can you use the Peak sights with the Unity mount or do you have to remove it?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BobaDebt: Why do you have a rear back up sight in addition to the Unity Mount?

Can you use the Peak sights with the Unity mount or do you have to remove it?
View Quote

I've got a 3 of mine setup this way. Unity mount has a window down below that allows use of iron sights. Ya just need to remove the "guts" on the Unity mount for a clear window. No big deal.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#40]
My 10.5" Tano build with the same Unity / PEAK setup

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:31:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#41]
Aluminum Tan Anodized Cable Guides

I’m not sure if these have been posted yet but I found them on Amazon for $12  at

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KXRJMYN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

You get 2 single hook guides  and one double hook guide

The double hook got tight enough to not move but I had the sand one side of the single hook to make it tight enough not to bother me

Some might say it’s a waste of $12 but I’m an Aircraft Electrician and making harnesses look pretty is what I have done for the past 25 years so…..

I tried the plastic clips but they pop off just sitting on the rack so I'm sure the wouldn't hold under recoil

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goody454] [#42]
Originally Posted By BobaDebt:
Aluminum Tan Anodized Cable Guides

I’m not sure if these have been posted yet but I found them on Amazon for $12  at

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KXRJMYN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

You get 2 single hook guides  and one double hook guide

The double hook got tight enough to not move but I had the sand one side of the single hook to make it tight enough not to bother me

Some might say it’s a waste of $12 but I’m an Aircraft Electrician and making harnesses look pretty is what I have done for the past 25 years so…..

https://i.imgur.com/jeln0ff.jpg

I tried the plastic clips but they pop off just sitting on the rack so I'm sure the wouldn't hold under recoil

https://i.imgur.com/b3emnJv.jpg
View Quote

Those haven’t been posted yet I don’t think, but the Made in USA version the Chinese copied to make those have.

Arson Machine wire guides

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:26:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Yup, Arson Machine cable management goods for the win

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:36:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobaDebt] [#44]
Yup, Arson Machine cable management goods for the win
View Quote

Now that I know they exsist, I'll use them from my light cable once they get the tan ano back in stock
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Those haven’t been posted yet I don’t think, but the Made in USA version the Chinese copied to make those have.

View Quote

Putting thier name on them would drive me crazy once I had to use 2-3 of them and the names alternated

You don't have to put your name in an obvious place on everything you sell
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BobaDebt:

Putting thier name on them would drive me crazy once I had to use 2-3 of them and the names alternated

You don't have to put your name in an obvious place on everything you sell
View Quote

I hear you, I’m glad it only took one on this setup.
The Mlok version is much less obtrusive.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:08:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Just wanted to shout out @MackDaddy1962

I definitely caught the tano-bug bad. Got the 7” G MK 4 DDC  yesterday. Great guy to deal with. Now I’m waiting for my Kodiak Aero “light weight” lower to come in. Also have an ODG-O lower on the way.

Should I go straight Tano for the .300 or Tan/Green-o?

I’ll be putting together a 13.9” mid as my primary 5.56 gun as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#48]

I definitely caught the tano-bug bad. Got the 7” G MK 4 DDC  yesterday. Great guy to deal with. Now I’m waiting for my Kodiak Aero “light weight” lower to come in. Also have an ODG-O lower on the way.

Should I go straight Tano for the .300 or Tan/Green-o?

I’ll be putting together a 13.9” mid as my primary 5.56 gun as well.
View Quote

The correct answer is obviously both, but either would look good.

Here’s some inspiration :)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#49]

I definitely caught the tano-bug bad. Got the 7” G MK 4 DDC  yesterday. Great guy to deal with.
View Quote

Thank you my brother, you as well. Hope your builds go well!
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I stumbled over THIS outfit last night. I know nothing about them except they have an active Facebook page. They at least appear legit. I might be buying a couple FDE parts from them.
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top