AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 60
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 7:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

I’ve had both setups using an Atpial.   The skiff weighs less and sits a little higher, enough to get the illuminator up so you’re not obscuring it as much with your thumb/hand, although I still found myself riding my thumb down the side as to not obscure.  

Side note…I’ve given up using risers on lasers like this for now, and am better utilizing it when pushed as far up front on the rail as possible and if possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

I had not.  Knew I was getting the Unity riser and set it up like this.  It balances nicely.

The HRT looks fine but not seeing what it brings more than the riser (for a laser setup)

I’ve had both setups using an Atpial.   The skiff weighs less and sits a little higher, enough to get the illuminator up so you’re not obscuring it as much with your thumb/hand, although I still found myself riding my thumb down the side as to not obscure.  

Side note…I’ve given up using risers on lasers like this for now, and am better utilizing it when pushed as far up front on the rail as possible and if possible.

I’m used to the laser up front as well, but with the can it is the worst possible balance. I do like the clear sight picture on the T2 using the riser vs having a percent obscured.  I don’t run an overly aggressive off hand grip so I’m not too concerned about splash. However, things do change when live vs larping.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently switched from a T2 to an EXPS3-0 and I feel dirty....but I actually really like it. Considering getting a unity riser for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 12:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre04] [#5]
Guy on the left, probably with the optic from the guy on the right after a rattle can party.  Both of my favorites are too damned heavy.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
I recently switched from a T2 to an EXPS3-0 and I feel dirty....but I actually really like it. Considering getting a unity riser for it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/signal-2023-10-11-19-12-48-182_jpg-3000432.JPG
View Quote

Eotech is the way...
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
light, thin, and handy

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:31:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PappyM3] [#8]
I bounced between a few different LPVOs, but for this one I landed on the Elcan and it’s perfect. Reticle is easily used without illumination, but I have a literal red dot in it if I want, plus full reticle illumination for night needs. The BDC, when zeroed in yards at 100 + 0.5 MOA, lines up perfectly with 77 TMK out to 600.

Of all my rifles, this is my dance partner for every contingency.

Barrel is an 11.5” Criterion Core. I had a 12.5” Hybrid on it before, but the weight balance is so much nicer with the Core. I took the sling off for the picture and I switched the Surefire 4-prong for a Forward Controls bird cage. If I get deployed, I’ll throw the 4-prong back on and bring the upper with me.

Link Posted: 11/5/2023 9:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#9]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:39:26 AM EDT
[#10]

This is my current favorite. HK 416 10.4 upper with adjustable gas block. Huxwrx flow can. DD lower, I had to change the trigger to a Geissele to get it to work with the 416. I added the VLTOR  A5 system and like running it with the H2 buffer. On SBRs, I greatly prefer EOTECH.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Current go to.  Need to add a laser and will probably swap the optic out for an Eotech and Unity risers.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:25:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#12]
New can (Explorr .300) just cleared for the AR/MCX.  Once I get it re-zeroed it’ll be riding bedside duty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
New can (Explorr .300) just cleared for the AR/MCX.  Once I get it re-zeroed it’ll be riding bedside duty.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/294984/6E401051-8F14-48B4-8718-AFB44907214B_jpe-3019912.JPG
View Quote

@WUPHF I'm sure I've asked this before, but any idea of the ID of that lancer tube? I want something to tuck my rex MG7k into a rattler but it's a fat bastard at 1.73"

also what's your sling set up?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@WUPHF I'm sure I've asked this before, but any idea of the ID of that lancer tube? I want something to tuck my rex MG7k into a rattler but it's a fat bastard at 1.73"

View Quote

The lancer handguards should fit a tube of that diameter, but the problem you're going to run into is getting one for the Rattler. Lancer only made them for the Legacy MCX.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sbye:

The lancer handguards should fit a tube of that diameter, but the problem you're going to run into is getting one for the Rattler. Lancer only made them for the Legacy MCX.
View All Quotes

@steviesterno16 this is correct.  That gun is a Virtus 6.75” barrel and recoil/bolt carrier assembly in a legacy receiver.  I reverted my Rattler back to stock short handguard config for travel duties.  Only “SD” handguards for the Rattler length receiver I’m aware of are the Midwest Industries or the factory Canebrake handguards.  

I can measure the MI handguards ID for you if you’d like as I still have mine sitting in the parts box.

As for sling, it’s an FCD 2 point threaded through the sling loop in the stock and connected at the front to an FCD MLOK QD mount.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

@steviesterno16 this is correct.  That gun is a Virtus 6.75” barrel and recoil/bolt carrier assembly in a legacy receiver.  I reverted my Rattler back to stock short handguard config for travel duties.  Only “SD” handguards for the Rattler length receiver I’m aware of are the Midwest Industries or the factory Canebrake handguards.  

I can measure the MI handguards ID for you if you’d like as I still have mine sitting in the parts box.

As for sling, it’s an FCD 2 point threaded through the sling loop in the stock and connected at the front to an FCD MLOK QD mount.
View Quote

@WUPHF thanks, It looked like a rattler to me, but honestly I don't understand the difference between a rattler and virtus or what fits one and not the other. If you don't mind measuring the MI version that would be cool, too. I think It would fit from what I read, but not sure there's enough room to put m-lock light mounts for my light, so I'd have to drop it off the pic rail or something. Also if you want to sell the rail lemme know
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#17]

@WUPHF thanks, It looked like a rattler to me, but honestly I don't understand the difference between a rattler and virtus or what fits one and not the other. If you don't mind measuring the MI version that would be cool, too. I think It would fit from what I read, but not sure there's enough room to put m-lock light mounts for my light, so I'd have to drop it off the pic rail or something. Also if you want to sell the rail lemme know
View Quote

The main difference between the 3 is going to be the length of the top rail. The Rattler has the shortest top rail, the virtus is a little longer, and the Legacy MCX is the longest. I've seen a photo of all 3 for comparison, but couldn't find it. Here is a picture I found of the Virtus & Legacy for comparison.

The Virtus is on top and the Legacy is on the bottom.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#18]

The main difference between the 3 is going to be the length of the top rail. The Rattler has the shortest top rail, the virtus is a little longer, and the Legacy MCX is the longest. I've seen a photo of all 3 for comparison, but couldn't find it. Here is a picture I found of the Virtus & Legacy for comparison.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/SIG_MCX_Compare_Virtus_Upper_Receiver_ov-3021063.jpg
View Quote

@sbye thanks for that. So hypothetically if I did get the lancer I would just have a "naked" part where there's no rail on top? Seems OK unless I wanted a top laser or whatever.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#19]

@sbye thanks for that. So hypothetically if I did get the lancer I would just have a "naked" part where there's no rail on top? Seems OK unless I wanted a top laser or whatever.
View Quote

Small company makes a gap filler deal.  It works with a Rattler receiver/Virtus HG and Virtus receiver/Legacy HG.

Looks like they just did a run, but are sold out.

https://www.virtuous-concepts.com/product-page/rattler-xtn
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#20]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/SIG_MCX_Compare_Virtus_Upper_Receiver_ov-3021063.jpg

I wouldn’t recommend it, the receiver top rail and handguard do interface with one another and provide a 3rd point of stabilization.

I’ll go take a measurement of the ID of the MI handguard here shortly.  The one I have is also Cerakoted Noveske Tiger Eye Brown, so probably wouldn’t go too well with your black Rattler.  

@steviesterno16
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Small company makes a gap filler deal.  It works with a Rattler receiver/Virtus HG and Virtus receiver/Legacy HG.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Subpar:

I have one of these and they do work, but sadly won’t fill the gap between a Rattler receiver and legacy handguard.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:17:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#22]
It is my HD gun but I’d probably use it for SHTF too. It’s light and simple. I have more specialized options if I need them but as I get older I am starting to appreciate lighter and simpler. This set up is very light, plenty accurate and reliable. It does 99% of what I need an AR to do these days.

WC Lower
Various BCM, Raidan, Magpul parts. BCM GF stock and WC modded BCM grip.
BCM ELW fluted 14.5” mid length. P&W SF Warcomp
The upper came with the BCM keymod rail but I pulled it off and swapped it with a BCM Mlok.
BCM VFG
BCM BCG with a Raidan raptor CH
Scalarworks PEAK fixed sights, Scalarworks Aimpoint mount, Aimpoint, H2 modded with a KAC battery cover and FCD turret caps, Surefire X300UB Turbo
Magpul MS4 sling.
Magpul mlok covers.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/signal-2023-10-11-19-12-48-182_jpg-3000432.JPG
View Quote

Eotech good, Unity riser ghey.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TBone556:

View Quote
I would argue the exact opposite lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally feel like I got mine the way I want it.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#29]

This has been my go to as of late.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#30]
lots of kiss rifles these days with the Gordy build making it's rounds. Something about a slick simple rifle with irons. Some beautiful looking rifles.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#31]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:10:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#32]
Geissele Super Duty

AMD Recon - Trijicon Credo hx 1-6

Swapped B5 Furtature for Magpul

YHM T2 Turbo with SLX mount.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

My only comment would be to add a sling  and maybe a light
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
Originally Posted By dep4532:
By no means the fanciest rifle I own, but it IS the lightest and most simple. This is what rides with me in the truck on most days.

https://i.imgur.com/ESRTga7.jpg

If that's your flow and it works, then that's fine by me.

However that being said, there will be some coming along to voice their impotent disapproval so good luck

My only comment would be to add a sling  and maybe a light

What’s he need a sling for? It has a carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#34]
12.5 Criterion hybrid CL, I love this thing

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

What’s he need a sling for? It has a carry handle.
View Quote

Weapon retention is still a thing
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I like your style. Bold mixing of colors and it looks good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]
BCM 300blk SBR, T2 on Geiselle, RECCE7, Pepper Cannon.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis] [#38]

13.9 Criterion Core

PLXc 1 8

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Hox:
I like your style. Bold mixing of colors and it looks good.
View Quote

Thanks, this whole thing started because I bought the Rein micro on one of CD’s “moonshine” sales. Decided to do the whole build using random colors. It’s something different.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NoveskeFan:

https://i.imgur.com/uT5wYJB.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoveskeFan:
Originally Posted By SemperFortis:
https://i.postimg.cc/qM0rJvPN/20240108-203258.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uT5wYJB.gif

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#42]
My main squeeze lately. Only about 400 rounds. I need to bang her up some more.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

Thanks, this whole thing started because I bought the Rein micro on one of CD’s “moonshine” sales. Decided to do the whole build using random colors. It’s something different.
View Quote

Moonshine rifle is legit
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Basic iwi zion with a Geissele ssp and a aimpoint pro next to my hk mr556. My hk is set up for night ops. I was out this morning getting the barrels warm. At some point I need a surefire for the iwi. Might swap out the one off my scar since it’s black and buy a fde one for the scar.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

A trend we can't wait to see go away ...
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#47]
Originally Posted By Vapor_Man:

View All Quotes

Stop being poor and buy NODs

When you do, the ghey goes away. Risers are handy for getting a NOD behind the optic and clearing laser aiming devices

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:10:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#48]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:11:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#49]

When you do, the ghey goes away. Risers are handy for getting a NOD behind the optic and clearing laser aiming devices

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228546/IMG_6926_jpeg-3123799.JPG
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Facts!!
Attachment Attached File
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top