AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 60
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:00:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stowe:
It's the MI light weight or super light weight (some shit like that) combat rail. It's like their regular combat rail (which I had on this gun before and really like), but they remove the center section of the top rail and use a titanium barrel nut to cut weight. It's solid. Not really sure that the few ounces saved are worth the money, but either one is great. They have a solid mount up and are well made.
View Quote

Weight chasing desirability depends on the person and their case uses really.

It's an interesting discussion and if you are one of weight chasers, a giant rabbit hole of cons and gains to consider. I can see and understand the arguments for both sides, but I am not going to sacrifice function for negligible weight losses.

If you are a hunter or someone going to be out and about and want a lightweight rifle to sling or maybe someone whom is really into living at the ranges all day or just a class junky, then lightweight chasing does make sense. That's IF in my opinion that it's being done smartly though.

Definitely not cheap for the low on funds and the frugal conscious, but their are lesser expensive ways to go about it but your rifle will not be as light. I'd choose the latter because they have a tendency to be stronger in certain areas that the lightest things are indeed not. Again just my opinion though.

On my facebook I asked for opinions on V7 free floats to replace my URX4 possibly to save some weight on my recce, and it feels like a Miller Lite commercial from the 80's with the two sides going at it like a tennis match

Maybe I should be looking at MI too as well
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not an ultra lightweight guy. I just liked my combat rail and when I built the new upper I bought the same one, but decided to go with the light weight one. The normal one would have been fine, but I figured why not? That's the only reason "fuck it. Let's try this one"
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not an ultra lightweight guy. I just liked my combat rail and when I built the new upper I bought the same one, but decided to go with the light weight one. The normal one would have been fine, but I figured why not? That's the only reason "fuck it. Let's try this one"
View Quote

Are their weights listed also including the barrel nut and screws?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 5:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#4]
No clue. I didn't research it. I just decided to spring for the one that resembled what I liked, but weighed less. Stand by. I'll look. Now I'm curious
Edit: 9.3 vs 7.6 installed weight
Between that and my titanium suppressor mount I easily saved enough weight to not matter
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

It's an interesting discussion and if you are one of weight chasers, a giant rabbit hole of cons and gains to consider. I can see and understand the arguments for both sides, but I am not going to sacrifice function for negligible weight losses.

If you are a hunter or someone going to be out and about and want a lightweight rifle to sling or maybe someone whom is really into living at the ranges all day or just a class junky, then lightweight chasing does make sense. That's IF in my opinion that it's being done smartly though.

Definitely not cheap for the low on funds and the frugal conscious, but their are lesser expensive ways to go about it but your rifle will not be as light. I'd choose the latter because they have a tendency to be stronger in certain areas that the lightest things are indeed not. Again just my opinion though.

On my facebook I asked for opinions on V7 free floats to replace my URX4 possibly to save some weight on my recce, and it feels like a Miller Lite commercial from the 80's with the two sides going at it like a tennis match

View Quote

I would say I was trying to get a lot of capabilities while trying to be weight conscious.  That’s how I arrived at my build.  I would say the only somewhat risky choice is the MCMR in terms of durability.  That having been said, I am in a semi-unique position where I have been able to observe and perform armorer work on a fleet of hundreds of BCM MCMR equipped duty rifles.  I have had shot-out rifles turned in to me that have been used hard, in very rural environments, oftentimes by guys who have little regard for the care of the rifles.  I have seen MCMRs with MLOK slots destroyed by morons who don’t know how to install an MLOK accessory, as well as ones that have been so scratched up that a lot of the surface coating has been rubbed off.  But I have never seen an MCMR bent, deformed, or damaged in such a way that it would not be functional.  So despite reduced weight, I have a fairly high degree of confidence in them.  I’ve also experienced no zero shift whatsoever.  YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 10:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#6]
Originally Posted By Texsylvanian:

I would say I was trying to get a lot of capabilities while trying to be weight conscious.  That’s how I arrived at my build.  I would say the only somewhat risky choice is the MCMR in terms of durability.  That having been said, I am in a semi-unique position where I have been able to observe and perform armorer work on a fleet of hundreds of BCM MCMR equipped duty rifles.  I have had shot-out rifles turned in to me that have been used hard, in very rural environments, oftentimes by guys who have little regard for the care of the rifles.  I have seen MCMRs with MLOK slots destroyed by morons who don’t know how to install an MLOK accessory, as well as ones that have been so scratched up that a lot of the surface coating has been rubbed off.  But I have never seen an MCMR bent, deformed, or damaged in such a way that it would not be functional.  So despite reduced weight, I have a fairly high degree of confidence in them.  I’ve also experienced no zero shift whatsoever.  YMMV of course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Friend, the only rifles that I judge are my own and not others. I hope you didn't think that I was pooping on BCM because that wasn't my intention. In fact, BCM in that regard is my comfort level and where I draw the line on performance sacrifices. I used to have two MCMR's once, but sold the upper with the 13 and sold the 10 when Geissele sent me a free Mk14 along with a new barrel because of a barrel issue I was having with an undersized gas port hole. I honestly wanted an excuse to get another MCMR because it indeed was function to me and whom I was hinting at where my line in the sand with weight chasing. And so I did

^^ all BCM minus the SFMB because it came to me P&W this way and Magpul things because I think that Magpul is the better Mlok accessory company between the two . I'm going to replace the Radian with the same type and same slimmer BCM equivalent and give the BCM BCG a tune up with all sourced from BCM parts.

And because it's all (mostly almost, heh) BCM, it might become it's own rifle on an all BCM factory assembled lower.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Friend, the only rifles that I judge are my own and not others. I hope you didn't think that I was pooping on BCM because that's wasn't my intentions. In fact, BCM in that regard is my comfort level and where I draw the line on performance sacrifices. I used to have two MCMR's once, but sold the upper with the 13 and sold the 10 when Geissele sent me a free Mk14 along with a new barrel because of a barrel issue I was having with an undersized gas port hole. I honestly wanted an excuse to get another MCMR because it indeed was function to me and whom I was hinting at where my line in the sand with weight chasing. And so I did

https://i.imgur.com/A7rJX4u.jpg

^^ all BCM minus the SFMB because it came to me P&W this way and Magpul things because I think that Magpul is the better Mlok accessory company between the two . I'm going to replace the Radian with the same type and same slimmer BCM equivalent and give the BCM BCG a tune up with all sourced from BCM parts.

And because it's all (mostly almost, heh) BCM, it might become it's own rifle on an all BCM factory assembled lower.
View Quote

I see what you mean Sir.  I will say that BCM lowers are pretty nice.  You will not be dissatisfied.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Friend, the only rifles that I judge are my own and not others. I hope you didn't think that I was pooping on BCM because that's wasn't my intentions. In fact, BCM in that regard is my comfort level and where I draw the line on performance sacrifices. I used to have two MCMR's once, but sold the upper with the 13 and sold the 10 when Geissele sent me a free Mk14 along with a new barrel because of a barrel issue I was having with an undersized gas port hole. I honestly wanted an excuse to get another MCMR because it indeed was function to me and whom I was hinting at where my line in the sand with weight chasing. And so I did

https://i.imgur.com/A7rJX4u.jpg

View Quote

How much of a difference do you think that warden makes in terms of cutting down noise? How much zero shift? I am interested in one on the off chance that I need spare parts for my RC2.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 11:59:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#9]

How much of a difference do you think that warden makes in terms of cutting down noise? How much zero shift? I am interested in one on the off chance that I need spare parts for my RC2.
View Quote

Not as quiet as my RC2 that's for sure

While the RC2 was in ATF jail I needed the Warden so my fellow classmates would not hate me. When one of the instructors who was running the shoot house called me up to do my run, he winced when he saw the SBR and no can. He commented saying that it was surprisingly not bad as it could have been (retired LAPD and former Marine vet). To the observer it definitely sounds like it's being being pushed downrange. But there's definitely a light bulb at the end of it no matter which Surefire device is on it. So it does gave it's pro and con. But to save some hearing in an emergency defending home and your neighborhood from scum, I'll take it.

It has the same shift as the RC2 does, if that makes any sense to you. I noticed another shift when adding a Cole-tac heat cover to both also.

I've got 1 RC2 and 2 Wardens to share between three rifles. I am also going to try the Dead Air warden equivalent too, because I have a Sandman L on one 308 and a Sierra 5 Xeno still in jail for a 13.9 AR15 P&W.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Goto 300blk....

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Gonna need a full pic of that wall. Sweet!
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#12]
This rifle has undergone a lot of changes and tweaks to get here. I feel comfortable calling this the final iteration of my go-to rifle. If I could only grab one, this would be it.

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 11:46:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NachoDip] [#13]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
This rifle has undergone a lot of changes and tweaks to get here. I feel comfortable calling this the final iteration of my go-to rifle. If I could only grab one, this would be it.

https://i.imgur.com/RsACnAB.jpeg
View Quote

Acro on an acog is interesting. Did you try it on the bosses on the eyepiece at one point. The closer it is to your eye the better the FOV is.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 11:58:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#14]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Acro on an acog is interesting. Did you try it on the bosses on the eyepiece at one point. The closer it is to your eye the better the FOV is.
View Quote

Just easier for me to get a good sight picture with NV, mounted on the front bosses.

ETA: And I didn't notice an appreciable difference in daytime use between the rear and front bosses. I previously used it on the front ring of a Reptilia mount on top of an NX8, which was substantially further forward than it sits now. No issues there either.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Just easier for me to get a good sight picture with NV, mounted on the front bosses.

ETA: And I didn't notice an appreciable difference in daytime use between the rear and front bosses. I previously used it on the front ring of a Reptilia mount on top of an NX8, which was substantially further forward than it sits now. No issues there either.
View Quote

Neat. NV through the further makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Neat. NV through the further makes sense.
View Quote

To your point though, the ACRO is thiccc (with three c's) no matter where you put it. From a purely FOV perspective, the MPS beats it. If Steiner would get their act together and use a 2032 battery or implement a more aggressive auto-off/shake awake feature, I'd be using the MPS. Comparable light transmission under NV and similar enough durability.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#17]

https://i.imgur.com/RsACnAB.jpeg
View Quote

Awesome gun. I'm curious why you opted for a picatinny mount for the scout light, which then attaches to an mlok pic rail instead of just an mlok mount.

Is it just parts you had laying around?

Seems like you spared no expense on any other aspect of the gun for specialized purpose-driven components.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:

Awesome gun. I'm curious why you opted for a picatinny mount for the scout light, which then attaches to an mlok pic rail instead of just an mlok mount.

Is it just parts you had laying around?

Seems like you spared no expense on any other aspect of the gun for specialized purpose-driven components.
View Quote

Thanks man.

Haha I know it looks awkward, but I like my light in that particular position and if I do a direct MLOK mount the light head is too close to my release latch on the SOCOM and it makes it a pain to get to it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Thanks man.

Haha I know it looks awkward, but I like my light in that particular position and if I do a direct MLOK mount the light head is too close to my release latch on the SOCOM and it makes it a pain to get to it.
View Quote

True story. I hate mounting my light further back to avoid that I hate my flashlight sticking out that far. Lol I just moved it back a notch on my recce gun pictured. I have a 12.5 that I’m putting a turbo in. I have no idea what I’m going to do there as I don’t have much rail space:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#20]
Originally Posted By MRTEX:

True story. I hate mounting my light further back to avoid that I hate my flashlight sticking out that far. Lol I just moved it back a notch on my recce gun pictured. I have a 12.5 that I’m putting a turbo in. I have no idea what I’m going to do there as I don’t have much rail space:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455918/IMG_9390_jpeg-2910691.JPG
View Quote

Yeah. I try to minimize the suppressor shadow as much as I can. You're putting a Turbo on a 12.5?

I just took it out and mounted it up direct... it's not too terrible. It's actually in the same rail position as it was on the pic adapter, just closer to the rail/suppressor obviously. But it doesn't block the latch here like I thought it did. I think the other reason I had it intentionally stood off like that was because I was using an i2 9007 on this rifle a for a while, and it wouldn't clear the light with the mlok side scout mount.

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah if I if I don’t like the turbo on it, I will switch it out with my 600df I have on this setup. I need to figure out why every time I put in a 13650 it auto turns on. 2 cr123 no problem though. Very weird, I can’t even use the rechargeables I bought for it
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 10:41:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#22]
This one's already in here, but I made some changes. Now with surefire turbo, raptor CH, A5 system, FCD ambi mag release, A-Peg grip and BCM stock. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I can't possibly make it more ideal for me, but this also isn't the first time I've decided that. I felt that way about the configuration in my pevious post.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Both of my number ones.

45 rds of “wrong house motherfucker” in the AUG with a steiner laser and a Aimpoint CompM4S

And a Geissele 16 with all the trimmings. It fills most needs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah if I if I don’t like the turbo on it, I will switch it out with my 600df I have on this setup. I need to figure out why every time I put in a 13650 it auto turns on. 2 cr123 no problem though. Very weird, I can’t even use the rechargeables I bought for it
View Quote

You mean an 18650 (or 18350) cell, right?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#25]
@DontBuryMe has convinced me that the Acog/Acro combo is the end all be all. I'll take that path with one of my 5.56's eventually.

For now, this is my #1 go to for personal defense, chicken security, late night dog potty detail, trunk/travel rifle (in state), etc. As far as civilian duties go under the rule of law, it's hard to beat a light, quiet, and capable blackout. It's the same size without the suppressor as my mp5k without the suppressor.

If things go hot and the ability to resupply from personal stores is not guaranteed, I'd settle with one of the 11.3" 5.56 mini recces.

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bringo:
@DontBuryMe has convinced me that the Acog/Acro combo is the end all be all. I'll take that path with one of my 5.56's eventually.

For now, this is my #1 go to for personal defense, chicken security, late night dog potty detail, trunk/travel rifle (in state), etc. As far as civilian duties go under the rule of law, it's hard to beat a light, quiet, and capable blackout. It's the same size without the suppressor as my mp5k without the suppressor.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53099165477_464863b38b_z.jpg

If things go hot and the ability to resupply from personal stores is not guaranteed, I'd settle with one of the 11.3" 5.56 mini recces.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52589947199_5b92fb4423_z.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52587822278_ccfc4f9402_z.jpg
View Quote

@Bringo

Could I get the details on that .300 blackout?  Looking to get into the cartridge soon and that looks like a pretty ideal build for me.

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:

@Bringo

Could I get the details on that .300 blackout?  Looking to get into the cartridge soon and that looks like a pretty ideal build for me.

View All Quotes

@Bringo

@Glck1911 Most parts are standard. It has a BA 8.3" barrel with a 8.5" URX4 and a DT Omega 9k. I would suggest going with a little bit longer barrel if you use a Silencerco DT even if it's just an extra .2"s. The adapter is currently carbon locked and it's recessed. Due to the design of the URX4, I won't be able to take the upper apart without ruining the adapter first. I also have a LWRCi compact stock kit on the lower; I wanted a short stock that wasn't a PDW or folder.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#28]

You mean an 18650 (or 18350) cell, right?
View Quote

Yes indeed. I was shitfaced sausage thumbing my phone. Valid correction,
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Yes indeed. I was shitfaced sausage thumbing my phone. Valid correction,
View Quote

Ah, okay. I was thinking maybe we had solved the problem right there.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone else worry about having spare batteries for their light on their "go to" gun? I have that BCM mod 1 stock solely because it has a compartment that I can keep spare batteries in. It's a great stock, but a chunky bitch. I'd rather have a mod 0, but then I lose my batteries. It's been bugging me. I'm not sure what the right approach is.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#31]
Does anyone else worry about having spare batteries for their light on their "go to" gun? I have that BCM mod 1 stock solely because it has a compartment that I can keep spare batteries in. It's a great stock, but a chunky bitch. I'd rather have a mod 0, but then I lose my batteries. It's been bugging me. I'm not sure what the right approach is.
View Quote

Just an idea, but maybe try storing your batteries somewhere else and keeping the minimalist stock you prefer.

I’m guessing there are pistol grips on the market w/storage cavities that will fit two CR123As. Not sure specifically which grips would have a large enough cavity to fit two batteries, but it might be worth a try. If they fit, you could just shove some paper, cloth, or any other soft material into the gap to keep them from rattling around inside.

I’ll check some of my my MIADs & BCMs to see if they’re roomy enough when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 2:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#32]
Originally Posted By @Bringo :
DontBuryMe has convinced me that the Acog/Acro combo is the end all be all. I'll take that path with one of my 5.56's eventually.

View Quote
A man of culture i see.

Mine is basically the same setup except with a 7.0" barrel and a unity fast mount.

My omega 9k isnt just carbon locked but also rocksett in place.

Eta: and of course your super awesome paint job!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

Just an idea, but maybe try storing your batteries somewhere else and keeping the minimalist stock you prefer.

I’m guessing there are pistol grips on the market w/storage cavities that will fit two CR123As. Not sure specifically which grips would have a large enough cavity to fit two batteries, but it might be worth a try. If they fit, you could just shove some paper, cloth, or any other soft material into the gap to keep them from rattling around inside.

I’ll check some of my my MIADs & BCMs to see if they’re roomy enough when I get a chance.
View Quote

I had a MOE+ on it and that did fit my batteries. I wanted to go to an APeg (I just like the ergonomics better) and that's why I swapped stocks to the mod 1. It allowed me to move the batteries to the stock and still run the larue grip that has no storage. It's a rather insignificant problem, but I'm obsessed with this particular AR. Making it the best it can be is my life's goal right now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Both of my number ones.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77421/IMG_0642-2910982.jpg

45 rds of “wrong house motherfucker” in the AUG with a steiner laser and a Aimpoint CompM4S

And a Geissele 16 with all the trimmings. It fills most needs.
View Quote

@NachoDip

What optic is that on the AUG ?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#35]
A man of culture i see.

Mine is basically the same setup except with a 7.0" barrel and a unity fast mount.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20210129_175232_jpg-2911591.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By @Bringo :
DontBuryMe has convinced me that the Acog/Acro combo is the end all be all. I'll take that path with one of my 5.56's eventually.

A man of culture i see.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20210129_175232_jpg-2911591.JPG

Rock and Roll! A toast to you sir and your excellent taste!

At the end of the day, there's no reason to be upset about our stuck suppressors because neither of us need to mess with perfection.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Rock and Roll! A toast to you sir and your excellent taste!

At the end of the day, there's no reason to be upset about our stuck suppressors because neither of us need to mess with perfection.
View Quote
Yeah I bought 2 more omega 9k's so I could dedicate this one more or less permanently to this setup, which pulls full time bedside duty.

My wife used it to clear the house one time when I was out of town.

We were talking on a video call and the alarm downstairs started going off. She grabbed it and waited at the top of the stairs for about 10 minutes to see if she could hear anything.

She didn't, so she carefully went down to clear the house, including the outside perimeter. False alarm apparently. But it was nice that she had something small and accessible to use.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

@NachoDip

What optic is that on the AUG ?
View Quote

Aimpoint compm4s
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#38]

@Glck1911 Most parts are standard. It has a BA 8.3" barrel with a 8.5" URX4 and a DT Omega 9k. I would suggest going with a little bit longer barrel if you use a Silencerco DT even if it's just an extra .2"s. The adapter is currently carbon locked and it's recessed. Due to the design of the URX4, I won't be able to take the upper apart without ruining the adapter first. I also have a LWRCi compact stock kit on the lower; I wanted a short stock that wasn't a PDW or folder.
View Quote

Thanks. Unfortunately I’ll probably ignore your good advice and go with a 7” barrel with a 8.5 URX4

This will be a dedicated subsonic gun. I’m waiting on an Energetic Peak 30 to get out of jail. I don’t really foresee wanting to use it on another gun for a long while. You guys are making me want to get an Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 11:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#39]

Thanks. Unfortunately I'll probably ignore your good advice and go with a 7" barrel with a 8.5 URX4

This will be a dedicated subsonic gun. I'm waiting on an Energetic Peak 30 to get out of jail. I don't really foresee wanting to use it on another gun for a long while. You guys are making me want to get an Omega 9k.
View Quote
I put this together years ago.

If i was doing it today I'd use a plan b mount and rocksett the muzzle device on and the adapter to the can. Then theoretically i could still use it on other guns if i wanted.

Also i don't know anything about the energetic peak but the omega 9k is really the largest outer diameter can that will fit under the urx4. If the peak is any larger it won't fit.  

And i don't know what the availability of urx 4 8.5 are today but i hope they haven't dried up like the 13" version I've been trying to find for the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#40]
I put this together years ago.

If i was doing it today I'd use a plan b mount and rocksett the muzzle device on and the adapter to the can. Then theoretically i could still use it on other guns if i wanted.

Also i don't know anything about the energetic peak but the omega 9k is really the largest outer diameter can that will fit under the urx4. If the peak is any larger it won't fit.  

And i don't know what the availability of urx 4 8.5 are today but i hope they haven't dried up like the 13" version I've been trying to find for the last 2 years.
View Quote

I'm thinking about using a Plan A as I'm pretty invested in them and have never had a problem.  

Good call on the diameter.  I thought I was clear but looks like I may not be.  The Omega 9K has an outside diameter of 1.48" while the Peak is 1.5" at it's largest point.  Even if It fits I think that's a little tight for my tastes. Looks like I may be back to the drawing board.

I did find an 8.5 URX4 in stock.

I'm actually thinking now I may just not go the tucked route at all.  Since this is my first venture into the cartridge, I think it would be a better choice to go with a more traditional handguard length first.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 3:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmtsc] [#42]
12.5”, pretty handy and I can put a Ops Inc 12th model on it if quieter is needed.

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By dmtsc:
12.5”, pretty handy and I can put a Ops Inc 12th model on it if quieter is needed.
https://i.imgur.com/bJaB4FZ.jpg
View Quote

THat thing looks awesome!  Handier than a M4 but ballistically better than the Mk18.  Very cool rifle
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Last range trip. Work gun on the right

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Either this one. Dickmod SR15 w/ VCOG 1-6× and RMR, SF M600V, and Holosun LS321G.

Or this one (especially if I have to carry it all day). Spike's GMP Dissipator w/ 16" pencil barrel/midlength gas, GreenCOG/RMR, SF M600U, Magpul PRO LR BUIS.

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Some additions and mods:

Attachment Attached File

11 lbs 6 oz as shown (full mag)

10 lbs 10 oz without magnifier (full mag)
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By dmtsc:
https://i.imgur.com/bJaB4FZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EMiFC8U.jpg
View Quote

I've been thinking of doing a similar build with a socom upper. Cut down to 12.5 throw on a ras or QRF 7" and run a larue rear with a 1.93 dot and an OCM5. I just can't justify 2 12.5's.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Some additions and mods:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/Screenshot_2023-10-12_at_10_08_12_AM_png-2988224.JPG

View Quote

I assume you have considered the HRF SKIFF?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDS87:
Some additions and mods:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/Screenshot_2023-10-12_at_10_08_12_AM_png-2988224.JPG

I had not.  Knew I was getting the Unity riser and set it up like this.  It balances nicely.

The HRT looks fine but not seeing what it brings more than the riser (for a laser setup)
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#50]

I had not.  Knew I was getting the Unity riser and set it up like this.  It balances nicely.

The HRT looks fine but not seeing what it brings more than the riser (for a laser setup)
View Quote

I’ve had both setups using an Atpial.   The skiff weighs less and sits a little higher, enough to get the illuminator up so you’re not obscuring it as much with your thumb/hand, although I still found myself riding my thumb down the side as to not obscure.  

Side note…I’ve given up using risers on lasers like this for now, and am better utilizing it when pushed as far up front on the rail as possible and if possible.
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top