Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2017 9:07:32 PM EDT
A coworker turned me on to the Palmetto State Armory email blast and this is dangerous.  I ordered two lowers and three uppers just this weekend with their Memorial Day Sale, all free shipping

I hope the quality is there.  I am putting together an AR to use for the garage and truck.  Will also try my had at some camouflage techniques on one of them.

I have never handled a PSA rifle, my friend does have one of their 20" varmint uppers that shoots less than an inch and he is quiet pleased.

Would like to hear some feedback from those with PSA experience.  The lowers I purchased were blems with standard CAR stocks, $129 each (what I was paying for RRA lowers in 2006), free shipping.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You are correct. Those emails make money disappear.

Yes, quality is normally very good. If a problem arises, customer service has been good (at least for me).
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got two builds using their uppers, lowers, BCGs, and parts kits.

All of the parts are from their "Premium" line, or from before any of the other stuff was available.

I have no idea about their barrels or receiver extensions, but the trigger guards were garbage.

Other than that I cannot complain.

Both of my builds got Geissele triggers and Colt receiver extensions.

One got a Green Mountain barrel, and the other an AAC, and shoot beautifully.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I generally recommend PSA to budget assemblers and first time buyers.  Their delivery times are very good now too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]
My wallet still has a empty feeling
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got pulled into a Giesselle purchase.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a PA10 lower on Friday. FML
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I generally recommend PSA to budget assemblers and first time buyers.  Their delivery times are very good now too.
View Quote
Budget assembly, one of the reasons I went this way and as much as I hate to use the words beater AR, this is essentially what it is going to be.  My collection consist of LMT and Larue, and since I do not use rifles for a living, I will admit that I baby my rifles, this is a fun hobby for me, not a job.

The PSA AR will be for the back of the truck, in the garage, tied down on the ATV and when we go out to the swamp in the boat.  

Will try to pick up a cheap used Aimpoint ML2 as the optic.

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered a PA10 lower on Friday. FML
View Quote
Let me know how this rifle shoots...for the money, it seems to be a great buy.

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah I spend $$$$$ because of their emails. But they have GREAT deals on occasion you should not pass up (such as 12 50cal ammo cans for $8each, FREE SHIPPING on blk friday). Bought 12 cans for 12 each a few months before that >.>

Have 2 of their uppers and they are good. Gas key on my PSA 9mm bcg stripped off but they replaced it, free labels and all.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea, I have sent a few shekels their way in the last year or so I have been getting the email notification.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah those email deals are a wallet killer for sure. PSA is GTG. I have 1 complete Freedom upper and a lower build kit from PSA and am very happy with both in all respects. BCGs are a great deal also from PSA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a blem lower from them recently for my M16A4 KISS build and I struggled to find anything that seemed blem or sub-par.

I also bought an 18" .223 Wylde SS M-lok upper with nickel boron BCG and it looks great.  I have not shot it yet but reviews said many were getting sub MOA.  We shall see.  Just waiting for the time away from work and better weather.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I just need to unsubscribe. Between PSA and Primary Arms deals, I'm spent.

Tech thread: yes, quality will be fine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just need to unsubscribe. Between PSA and Primary Arms deals, I'm spent.

Tech thread: yes, quality will be fine.
View Quote
Glad I am not the only one sucked in by emails from both those places...lol

OP, the PSA stuff, especially their premium line and CHF barrel uppers, is excellent. I have had one of their premium M4 for 6 years now and it is rock solid. I have a 10.5" pistol build using their CHF FN made barrel on one of their lowers and it is superb. I just ordered their 18" CHF wylde chamber 1:8 m-lok upper that will be here Friday that I can't wait to shoot.

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#15]
PA10 for $599!

They are seriously trying to get my wife to kill me
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The combo deals are always slightly outrageous too...

DAILY DEAL!
PSAK 47 and a 1964.5 Mustang WITH MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS
COMES WITH 33 PMAGS, and TWO CASES of SPEER GOLD DOT 64gn 556
$800.00

Then, if you somehow didn't think that was a screaming deal, the next day:

DAILY DEAL!
COMES WITH 33 PMAGS, TWO CASES of SPEER GOLD DOT 64gn 556, and a S&W 9mm Shield
Price after $75 rebate.
$800.00
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:44:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
PA10 for $599!

They are seriously trying to get my wife to kill me
View Quote
No kidding.

No interest in an ar10 previously, but for 6 bills?? Damn!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#18]
PSA is the Harbor Freight of the firearms industry. Funny thing is, folks think their PSA franken-rifles rival the quality of factory rifles.

For me, ammo is about it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#19]
DSG has been getting my money lately.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The combo deals are always slightly outrageous too...

DAILY DEAL!
COMES WITH 33 PMAGS, and TWO CASES of SPEER GOLD DOT 64gn 556
$800.00

Then, if you somehow didn't think that was a screaming deal, the next day:

DAILY DEAL!
COMES WITH 33 PMAGS, TWO CASES of SPEER GOLD DOT 64gn 556, and a S&W 9mm Shield
Price after $75 rebate.
$800.00
View Quote
Damn; I've been deleting them unread and now you tell me about this? Already sold out.

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
PSA is the Harbor Freight of the firearms industry. Funny thing is, folks think their PSA franken-rifles rival the quality of factory rifles.

View Quote
Please elaborate on what you mean by factory rifles? Are you talking like BCM, KAC, Colt, etc. complete rifles? Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
A harbor freight hammer, if it's your third, fourth, or 17th hammer, will do the job just as well as a top tier.  Or a harbor freight hammer works great for riding around in the car getting beat to shit in the off chance you need a hammer when your main hammer isn't around.

I love my PSA beater rifles.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Please elaborate on what you mean by factory rifles? Are you talking like BCM, KAC, Colt, etc. complete rifles? Just curious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interested in why PSA is low quality... ? I've only read excellent reviews.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Interested in why PSA is low quality... ? I've only read excellent reviews.
View Quote
This horse has been beat to death numerous times. Brand elitists feel the need to beat down the more competitive prices of manufacturers/assemblers/vendors like PSA in order to justify the premium they paid for a different roll mark on the side of a receiver. PSA offers a quality product at a competitive price. The honest to God truth, is that an AR is a pretty simple machine. Forged upper and lower receiver are simply shells. As long as they are manufactured to meet standards and properly hold their respective components, they are good to go. If made properly, a PSA lower, a Colt lower, and a Daniel Defense lower differ only in the roll marks on the side. Same applies to upper receivers.

PSA has been around for at least ten years, and in that time, they have proven themselves with quality, reliable AR15s. When one slips through the cracks with issues, they have stood up and corrected it. Unlike other companies that started out cheap, developed a name, and then felt compelled to start robbing people blind (Daniel Defense and Spikes Tactical come to mind), PSA has kept their prices low and tried to generate profit through selling in high quantity versus high markups. During the various buying panics, PSA fought to keep prices much lower than others, and has earned a place on my go to vendors list. Even if it is just for stripped receivers that get outfitted with higher end parts (Geissele triggers and rails, Faxon barrels, etc.)
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Back from the range again today, ran close to 150 rounds through the PSA, everything from PMC, Winchester White Box, UMC, Remington, Federal green tips, FGMM, Hornady Match....not one single FTF, FTE, nada....

30 rounds of Hornady Match through my $2300 Larue OBR, 6 FTFs, no joke

To change the subject briefly,  I will say, of all the rifles I have owned over the many years, and it has been many, LMT is by far the best in my opinion.

Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Back from the range again today, ran close to 150 rounds through the PSA, everything from PMC, Winchester White Box, UMC, Remington, Federal green tips, FGMM, Hornady Match....not one single FTF, FTE, nada....

30 rounds of Hornady Match through my $2300 Larue OBR, 6 FTFs, no joke

To change the subject briefly,  I will say, of all the rifles I have owned over the many years, and it has been many, LMT is by far the best in my opinion.

View Quote
An LMT Defender was my first AR and for the longest time my only AR; I still have it. It is semi "retired" right now. I put together a couple of PSA Freedom AR-15s, and I love them for what they are. Bedside, truck, camping, all around general purpose throw it down the driveway shooter. No complaints at all from me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top