Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 8:56:38 AM EDT
What kind of accuracy are you getting with the PSA Freedom complete 1/7 nitride uppers.   Looking to put together a budget build, want actual experiences with accuracy and reliability. This will be for a range toy.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This will be for a range toy.
View Quote

plenty good for that, unless you are going to shoot match ammo, it will be just as good as any other barrel
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

plenty good for that, unless you are going to shoot match ammo, it will be just as good as any other barrel
View Quote
I like mine....probably groups 2-3moa with blasting ammo
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
With mine, using a red dot or iron sights, Wolf Gold is just under 3".  Russian steel case is 4"-5".
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a 20" freedom 1/7 flat top w/fsb for a A4 clone, and depending on how the melonited bbl shoots a few flavors of match ammo, possibly a HP rifle for CMP matches.  It's hard to pass up at $199/free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a freedom 16" nitrated mid length gas that is as accurate as any AR I have shot. It will put 5 rounds of federal 62 gn into around an inch at 50 yards, wolf and Tula a little over twice that. I have 2 nitrated 16" ptac M4 barrels that shoot about as well. That is about as well as I can do with open sites and a mil spec trigger.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is good accuracy too. 2-3 inches with quick put together reloads. The problem I have is I had to move the rear aperture all the way to the left to get it to zero. Larue fixed LT103 I think?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had Freedom uppers in both flavors - SS and Nitride - On the farm course of fire the SS have been minute of beverage can with Wolf Gold - My 20 in Nitride seems to be as well - At a 50 yd indoor range sight in the PSA 20 had a tighter group than my Bravo CMV Middy -

Ordered a 16 pencil nitride in March - It did not want to digest Wolf steel case until a good chamber cleaning and Bolt swap out - appears to be reliable now but has not made it to the longer range yet - I like the Freedoms  and this is the first in a half dozen to present a problem
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
~3 moa is about normal. Better ammo/shooter may shrink that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm curious what other are getting myself. My 20" melonite upper has been getting 2-4" groups with M855 ammo. I just picked up some Hornady Black .62 FMJ's, I'm really hoping those groups tighten up. 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#11]
On the farm course of fire the SS have been minute of beverage can with Wolf Gold
View Quote
That is good, I have never heard anyone refer to MOBC

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
A beverage can - Dr P or AB is about 2.5 by 5 In - Unless you want to put one through the pop top this is plenty good for off hand shooting - I have other rifles for that - but this 20 incher  is what travels about in the four wheeler the most - leaving little piles of Rusky cases about the Brother in Laws Farm....]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]
my freedom barrels (which are my go to uppers for range toy builds) all shoot 3 moa (ish) without a problem. I'm not match shooter, but shooting with a red dot and basic 55-62 grain ammo I can hit a 4 inch circle without a problem.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like mine....probably groups 2-3moa with blasting ammo
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have had Freedom uppers in both flavors - SS and Nitride - On the farm course of fire the SS have been minute of beverage can with Wolf Gold - My 20 in Nitride seems to be as well - At a 50 yd indoor range sight in the PSA 20 had a tighter group than my Bravo CMV Middy -

Ordered a 16 pencil nitride in March - It did not want to digest Wolf steel case until a good chamber cleaning and Bolt swap out - appears to be reliable now but has not made it to the longer range yet - I like the Freedoms  and this is the first in a half dozen to present a problem
View Quote
I had the same issue. Nitride middy (gov't profile) would not shoot ANY steel case without "stuck in chamber". Gassing was fine, the chamber was seriously messed up (left all kinds of serious scrapes on the casings as well). After THREE (yes 3) returns to PSA (they kept refusing any issue), I finally got them to replace the barrel. No problems since! Oh, and she's a soft shooter, too, with an H buffer.
The other one (pencil middy), I've never shot yet, so can't comment. I would DEFINATELY buy a 3rd if I was looking for another build.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top