Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2017 8:01:06 PM EDT
My only 2 ar's are a colt 6920 and a sig m400 predator. I've taken barrel off the sig to remove delta to put a Troy omega on and bought a dimpler for gas block to get it good, and put collapsible stock on. But this is my first ground up. I bought a couple of aero lowers and an upper thinking I would build an extremely cheap ar and a good one. As prices tanked I just watched ads daily. Ended up buying a ballistic mid length stripped that I still have and the carbine length from aero(pictured) as they ran sales. Ended up buying the rest of the crap from aero just to build except the stock. So I basically have a complete aero that I could have probably bought assembled for not much more.
Only issue I had was the forward assist and mag release roll pins wanted to mushroom. Will lube up next time. Got them in good without any scratched. The rail is just a utg pro(great cheap rail) I had on my colt before I replaced it with a knights armament rail. The knights covers are the left over as are the magpul stuff and the handle is from the colt also. Ran 120 rounds through it and it feels just like the 6920. Used Lucus green grease on barrel as it doesn't list graphite as an ingredient(ordered some of the shell yesterday) and Mobil 10w40, and baristal. Having bought all the vice block, wrenches, gas tube alignment tool made it a breeze except the 2 roll pins. Now I need to figure out what to do with the mid length barrel and lower I have.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Bcg is Psa premium.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a real zombie/isis killer. Now your already thinking about your next one aren't you!?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a real zombie/isis killer. Now your already thinking about your next one aren't you!?
View Quote
Haha it's a slippery slope my friend. Glad to see Aero in there their lowers are great. Also UTG makes a great bargain rail. I have Aero lowers and UTG rails on both my builds
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm think I'm going to get a Psa kit with junk barrel and just use my ballistic mid. Some of those psa kits are really cheap, especially with a stainless barrel or the 1:8 twist. Then its time for a an ar10. It seems its just as cheap to buy assembled than to build low/mid grade stuff, so I'll just start watching prices.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Your carry handle is mounted one slot to far towards the rear of the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
There is nothing junk about PSA barrels. Even the PTACs shoot straight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Is your carry handle back too far or is it too short?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]
KISS.  I like it...
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I put the carry handle back the extra notch back(the last notch) to maximize distance between sights. All be it 1/2". The front looks bad but the back angles and looks good over the charging handle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is nothing junk about PSA barrels. Even the PTACs shoot straight.
View Quote
Should have said inexpensive non qpq barrel. Of coarse their barrels are gtg.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top