Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 4:32:56 PM EDT
I have an upper that was advertised as a Daniel Defense, but has no DD markings.  It does have the keyhole mark with a "CC" beside it.  Can anyone give me some info on it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#1]
check the barrel for a DD mark.

alot of companys use upper forgings from random companys as long as they are milled and finished within their own specs.
DD used a a keyhole mark forged upper. made by cerro forge
and the CC is for Colt Canadian also colt used cerro forged uppers, but others will shed more light on that. so as of right now, it has a CC mark, its not daniel defense.
they might have added a barrel to a colt upper and called it a DD upper.
post pictures.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are some pictures of markings on the upper, barrel, BCG and bolt.  Just looking to identify where these came from.

Only markings on the barrel.  "C" and "MP" along with caliber and twist.

"A" on BCG

"MPE" on bolt

Markings on upper
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt bbl. Bolt is not Colt. Mixed bag.

I have seen that "A" stamped carrier, but cannot recall whose it is. Not DD though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
How much would you value this upper as?  Had a DD RIS FSP in FDE, pinned and welded SF4P and a Matech 2-600 rear sight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks kinda like a Colt Block II clone.  Its kinda odd tho because it kinda looks like a diemaco bcg (could you get a closer pic of that "A"?) and it looks like the upper receiver got double stamped.  

Its prob worth more than a DD upper IMO (at least if that is a diemaco bcg and a colt receiver)
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks kinda like a Colt Block II clone.  Its kinda odd tho because it kinda looks like a diemaco bcg (could you get a closer pic of that "A"?) and it looks like the upper receiver got double stamped.  

Its prob worth more than a DD upper IMO (at least if that is a diemaco bcg and a colt receiver)
View Quote
Clean used Diemaco bcgs sell for ~$120 on the EE.
I thought they were marked D or a stylized D. I have not seen one with an A?

No expert here though.

Pic borrowed from the EE
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Clean used Diemaco bcgs sell for ~$120 on the EE.
I thought they were marked D or a stylized D. I have not seen one with an A?

No expert here though.
View Quote
I just said "A" because that is what be referred to it as.  It is a D but it is their logo which probably could be confused by an A if you didn't recognize it.  

I just said that because it is associated with colt and it would kinda make things match up a little more but it wasn't all that great of a thought probably.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just said "A" because that is what be referred to it as.  It is a D but it is their logo which probably could be confused by an A if you didn't recognize it.  

I just said that because it is associated with colt and it would kinda make things match up a little more but it wasn't all that great of a thought probably.
View Quote
. Gotcha.

I know I have seen carriers marked "A", just can't recall where the hell it was. I want to say Aero Precision, but I am reaching. It'll come to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]

It's definitely an "A"

Here is a picture of the upper.  Don't really want to get rid of it, but purchased it off the EE and now trying to pay some debt off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Colt barrel, colt receiver.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the carrier may be from AO Precision and the bolt from FN.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top