Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 1:49:59 PM EDT
Anyone running one? What are your thoughts? How does it run on short barreled rigs? Is it really heavy on the end of a pistol?

**** updated 4/9/2017

Ran my .300 with the barking spider today and gotta say it was great! The compression was from the muzzle was very mellow compared to my .223 with cheap blast device. I totally recommend it if your looking at them....
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone running one? What are your thoughts? How does it run on short barreled rigs? Is it really heavy on the end of a pistol?
View Quote
No complaints. Works as intended. I run it on a 7.5" sbr. No problem with weight.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No complaints. Works as intended. I run it on a 7.5" sbr. No problem with weight.
View Quote
Have you tried another end cap that they sell?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Heavy
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one on my 10.5 SBR and I don't notice the weight when on the rifle since my barrel is fairly heavy to begin with. You can tell the weight though when you have it off. A solid chunk of metal. I have shot the normal end cap and the flash hider end cap. I usually have the normal end cap and it does the job. Directs the sound forward and isn't very loud standing behind the gun. My father in law thought my 14.5 colt upper with a BCM A2X was much louder. I have noticed though on my setup with the barking spider and a lwrc UCIW there is a tad more recoil than normal.

I just got the dynacomp end cap which I will be trying out this week. The one thing I will say and Spike's made it right is that some of the barking spiders have different threads than others. They have a new style thread and an old style. The Barking Spider II I purchased ended up having the old style because the original dynacomp endcap I bought would not thread all the way on. Spike's ended up sending me an old style for free. If yours has the new style threads then you can have the dynacomp end cap that didn't fit mine. Just pay shipping.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have one on my 10.5 SBR and I don't notice the weight when on the rifle since my barrel is fairly heavy to begin with. You can tell the weight though when you have it off. A solid chunk of metal. I have shot the normal end cap and the flash hider end cap. I usually have the normal end cap and it does the job. Directs the sound forward and isn't very loud standing behind the gun. My father in law thought my 14.5 colt upper with a BCM A2X was much louder. I have noticed though on my setup with the barking spider and a lwrc UCIW there is a tad more recoil than normal.

I just got the dynacomp end cap which I will be trying out this week. The one thing I will say and Spike's made it right is that some of the barking spiders have different threads than others. They have a new style thread and an old style. The Barking Spider II I purchased ended up having the old style because the original dynacomp endcap I bought would not thread all the way on. Spike's ended up sending me an old style for free. If yours has the new style threads then you can have the dynacomp end cap that didn't fit mine. Just pay shipping.
View Quote
Wow that would be pretty cool! I will see when it gets here....

Do you have yours tucked under the handguard? Have any pics?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Just let me know. Not sure if there is a way to tell if the threading is the new pitch they use without trying the comp endcap on it to see if it threads all the way down. This is the only pic I have. It's on a 10.5" barrel with an 11" handguard.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just let me know. Not sure if there is a way to tell if the threading is the new pitch they use without trying the comp endcap on it to see if it threads all the way down. This is the only pic I have. It's on a 10.5" barrel with an 11" handguard.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3947/33665966126_e9d0543ed6_c.jpg
View Quote
Sweet gun! Thanks for your time....
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Updated op
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top