Fostech Outdoors Echo $479
Digitrigger with PR mode $599
Evello Mortem EM88 DT $250

Two position binary triggers:
LGW Liberator Bidirectional $250
Double Tap Arms AR-15 DT $199
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Fostech in my ar pistol.  Took a little shooting to get my bolt to slide in the new carrier freely (wouldn't always go into battery when firing) and now it works fine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Fostech in my ar pistol.  Took a little shooting to get my bolt to slide in the new carrier freely (wouldn't always go into battery when firing) and now it works fine.
View Quote
Will it work with piston bolts?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't realize the Digitrigger was shipping, has anyone done a review of it yet? It seems like the most promising to me if it works like it's supposed to.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I just sent digitrigger a message asking about the max allowable ROF.  I know it's supposed to cut you off if your going too fast. It would be nice if they had different options for max speed.  I would put a light weight carrier in and cycle it at 900+ RPM.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got an email back from digitrigger and it's electronically limited to 730 780RPM.  I think that's a fairly reasonable speed limit for most AR15's.  Very few rifles will cycle the action slower than that rate.

They also said a faster version would be available later, but it's still in the works.  This will be nice for guys who want to run a lightweight carrier or shorter gas system and keep their cycle speed up.

ETA: I put the wrong speed down.  780 is the current limit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
All I keep thinking of now are those e-triggers you can get on paintball guns
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
With these products getting better and better they need to just do away with the full auto laws. They are pointless.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I wrote the wrong speed limit earlier.  The correct number for the digitrigger is 780.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting a binary trigger
Recommendations?
Can they be used for piston ARs?
Reliability?

Three position binary triggers:
Franklin Armory BFS3 $429
Fostech Outdoors Echo $479
Digitrigger with PR mode $599
Evello Mortem EM88 DT $250

Two position binary triggers:
LGW Liberator Bidirectional $250
Double Tap Arms AR-15 DT $199
View Quote

I can tell you my experience with the BFS3 and the ECHO. Both are nice but have differences. First if you want this trigger for an AR9 the ECHO wins hands down. I have had 0 hammer follow with the ECHO on my AR9 setup. For piston the jury is still out on the BFS3 becuase I had hammer follow issues with my blackout piston but Franklin Armory recommend changing up a few things to get it to work
I have not done that yet. The ECHO on the same piston gun ran fine. I had to dremel off a little on the carrier but it was not a big deal.  

The ECHO semi trigger is great but the ECHO takes a little getting used to. You have to pull it all the way back to activate echo mode on the release. The BFS3 imo has a better binary trigger but the semi mode is like a mil spec trigger. The trigger lock is the best feature of the ECHO because it stops all hammer follow without tuning the rifle.

To the best of my knowledge the ECHO and BFS are the only two triggers that have had the ATF return letters on there legal opinion. The ECHO is public but does not have a letter for the trigger lock design and Franklin Armory says the have an? approval letter for the bfs but they will not release it

I wish theyd repeal the Hughes amendment so we could do this right
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered an Fostech and a BFSIII.  I received my BFS3, but lost patience after 7 months with the Fostech.  I am using the BFS3 in a 14.5", carbine length, 5.56 with a standard buffer, and it works like a champ.  Nice trigger in semi mode, and binary rocks.

P.S. While I canceled my order with Fostech, they were super nice to deal with and refunded my money no questions asked...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just got an email back from digitrigger and it's electronically limited to 730 780RPM.  I think that's a fairly reasonable speed limit for most AR15's.  Very few rifles will cycle the action slower than that rate.

They also said a faster version would be available later, but it's still in the works.  This will be nice for guys who want to run a lightweight carrier or shorter gas system and keep their cycle speed up.

ETA: I put the wrong speed down.  780 is the current limit.
View Quote
Interesting. I have one on the way to compare to the BFSIII and ECHO I have. 

I'm hoping to get some live fire with the ECHO tomorrow, finally. I just finished up my install video. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Gimmicks. Do not waste your money. Just get a nice lightweight single-stage or 2-stage trigger and have fun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gimmicks. Do not waste your money. Just get a nice lightweight single-stage or 2-stage trigger and have fun.
View Quote
As I look more into it I'm starting to think the same thing.

I have an S2G trigger that I have to put in one of my ARs to see if I ;line the 2 stage triggers. If I do I may buy the Larue MBT
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Far from gimmicks. Not for everyone, sure. But the BFSIII and ECHO are no gimmicks. 

To each his own I guess. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have an S2G trigger that I have to put in one of my ARs to see if I ;line the 2 stage triggers. If I do I may buy the Larue MBT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first time u pull the trigger in echo or binary and u get 2 shots u will think otherwise. It does create a problem though because u will want almost all your rifles to have the same functionality. An expensive proposition.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Once you shoot one you'll take back that gimmick thought. The BFS3 and ECHO are NOT gimmicky hellfire devices.

I like my hiperfire 3 gun trigger but it's not comparible to the way the BFS and echo work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Once you shoot one you'll take back that gimmick thought. The BFS3 and ECHO are NOT gimmicky hellfire devices.

I like my hiperfire 3 gun trigger but it's not comparible to the way the BFS and echo work.
View Quote
maybe if it were 200 bucks Id try it but not worth 475.  Prices will come down in a year of 2. I'll get one then if something better doesn't come out
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I finally took out my BFSIII last week and will say it works so much better than the bumpfire stocks that I own.  Not inexpensive, but much cheaper than FA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I finally took out my BFSIII last week and will say it works so much better than the bumpfire stocks that I own.  Not inexpensive, but much cheaper than FA.
View Quote
I love my BFSIII. Especially with the .22LR upper 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Update on my BFS3...

Last Friday, I took my carbine (home built with WW chrome lined 14.5" 1:9 4150 button rifled barrel with FSB, carbine length gas system, AIM Gen 3 Nitride bolt, standard buffer weight) and put 540 rounds of M193 through it (my reloads, TAC, Hornady 55gr, PMC once fired brass, 5.56 velocity) without it a single hiccup!  18 magazines (pmags and D&Hs) in less than 30 minutes all as dumps or quick doubles without a single FTF, FTE, anything...

I could not out run the BFS3 as hard as I tried.  Absolutely awesome.  I'm hooked!

- AG
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Coupled with a bumpfire stock. How fast can you go through a case of Wolf FMJ? 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a echo in my LWRCI piston rifle and it's been good for about 1k rounds. I did have to modify the BCG but it's been great shooter.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Welcome to hammer follow country.

If you seriously want to try mixing a bump stock and a binary trigger, I would use the Franklin gen III, an aluminum carrier and higher pressure ammunition.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have those things.  My Echo is more fun.  

You live your gimmick-free and less fun life in some other thread.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not very fast.  Your chamber will heat up and your Wolf will start to sieze, requiring a hammer and a rod to clear.  After that happened to me, cases of Wolf went very fast.............on backpage.  I sold 5.  Go ahead and ignore this advice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Is it controllable?
FA M4s don't seem too bad to control
But pulling the trigger that fast looks like it would be unstable
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is it controllable?
View Quote
At short range (10-15 yds) I can dump a full mag mostly in the A zone of a USPS target with my AR9 and the ECHO.  The double taps are what really makes the triggers valuable for defense imo. It's like having a burst pack on your AR. It's controllable and the semi trigger is sweet too
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is it controllable?
View Quote
At 21 yds I was able to keep a mag in the torso of an IDPA target pretty easily.  With fast pairs I could keep it fist sized.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

At short range (10-15 yds) I can dump a full mag mostly in the A zone of a USPS target with my AR9 and the ECHO.  The double taps are what really makes the triggers valuable for defense imo. It's like having a burst pack on your AR. It's controllable and the semi trigger is sweet too
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
That makes sense...2 rd burst like the CZ 805 Bren. and a good SA trigger too
Just thought the FA rate was a bit of a gimmick.

Still not sure if its worth 475 bucks
Maybe when prices lower
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:08:40 AM EDT
[#31]
my BFS Gen3 worked fine with my 14.5" 5.56 mid-length Adams Arms piston conversion.  Spikes T2 buffer and standard M4 CS buffer spring.  no hammer follow on the mag dump.
(going back to the OP question about piston AR's)

incidentally, street price on the BFS3 (e.g. GB) seems to be about $375.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That makes sense...2 rd burst like the CZ 805 Bren. and a good SA trigger too
Just thought the FA rate was a bit of a gimmick.

Still not sure if its worth 475 bucks
Maybe when prices lower
View Quote
I'd give it time. Once they start getting caught up with production I'm sure you see prices fall on the ECHO. We have already seen it happen withe BFS3. I really think these trigger should be in the 300ish range. Its still less expensive than a FA sear
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone have any information on the Evello Mortem EM88 DT ??

Their website says shipping in three weeks but I think it has said that for a while.  There are only two videos on Youtube.

I'd like to know more about this system and how it works?

T2
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Most forums call these triggers bad names and dismiss them.  The videos on the Fos-Tech look impressive to me.  I don't mean the mag-dump part, I mean the control the shooter has of each shot while shooting fast---totally unlike full auto.  The other impressive thing are the double taps.  The shooters on the videos report increased accuracy and of course it comes very fast.  So double tap, double tap, double tap, aiming and controlled all the time---how do you go wrong here?  The safety can be employed from any firing position, anytime.  The semi-auto setting has a double stage trigger.  What is not to like except the price?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Most forums call these triggers bad names and dismiss them.  The videos on the Fos-Tech look impressive to me.  I don't mean the mag-dump part, I mean the control the shooter has of each shot while shooting fast---totally unlike full auto.  The other impressive thing are the double taps.  The shooters on the videos report increased accuracy and of course it comes very fast.  So double tap, double tap, double tap, aiming and controlled all the time---how do you go wrong here?  The safety can be employed from any firing position, anytime.  The semi-auto setting has a double stage trigger.  What is not to like except the price?
View Quote
Price is the only thing preventing me from buying it...not because I don't have the money. But, because I don't think its worth it. Maybe when it comes down to 200 I'll consider it
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Price is the only thing preventing me from buying it...not because I don't have the money. But, because I don't think its worth it. Maybe when it comes down to 200 I'll consider it
View Quote
Same. Once the price comes down, I'll happily buy one for a pseudo-SAW.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top