Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 10:15:26 PM EDT
OK not a newbie got a cpl M4 pattern  AR's and a Noveske 16" recon for something more accurate.
Looking at the Infidel just because it's short, light and has that cool looking flash hider

just looking from opinions on those who might own one, such as....does that flash hider work fairly well, does it cause any loss
in accuracy, etc

my thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Its not really light Noveske barrels are heavy even their light profile tend to be heavy.

The Pig works great and there is no lose in accuracy. The pig is also somewhat heavy.

I built a replica with mostly the same parts just switched out some things like stock and tiger as well as some other minor lighter v7 parts. Its a really cool looking gun and I thought I was going to love it. But once it was done I immediately had regret. I tend to lean towards purpose built and this thing is just to long for its design. It should really be shorter. In the end I shortened it up to an 11.5" and changed the pig out for a flash hider and a suppressor which actually ended up making things around the same size and weight so I didnt gain much or loose much its probably damn near the same just a tad quieter. The pig however is also good and sending sound down range so it might not even seem as quite.

With all that said if you already have a few other rifles I say go for it. It is a pretty sweet looking rifle, I just saw better options and at the time the infidel was my only gun.

My Infidel

Edit the pig is not a flash hider it actually redirects the blast concussion down range which also redirects the sound down range a bit. If your shooting next to someone or shooting from the prone position in the dirt its going to be pretty useful in deflecting that concussion down range rather then into the guy beside you or rather than throwing the dirt up around you making it hard to see.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the RSR exclusive FDE Noveske Infdel. I consider it heavy. The barrel is heavy and the KX5 is heavy. I love the look of the KX5 tucked into the NSR hand guard and the way the NSR blends perfectly into the upper receiver.  It's a tack driver for sure. I run a 10x optic on mine with a bipod for short range precision shooting.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I also built an Infidel type clone before.  I ended up selling it.

That is the one rifle I ended up regretting selling.  It was one of my most accurate rifles, was totally reliable, and was a very soft shooter.

I plan on doing another one someday...
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I also built a replica. Shot super smooth, accurate as fuck and was easy on the eyes.
Sold it. Regret it
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the RSR exclusive FDE Noveske Infdel. I consider it heavy. The barrel is heavy and the KX5 is heavy. I love the look of the KX5 tucked into the NSR hand guard and the way the NSR blends perfectly into the upper receiver.  It's a tack driver for sure. I run a 10x optic on mine with a bipod for short range precision shooting.
View Quote
100% agree with this. I love my Infidel but I would definitely consider it heavy for its size but it is one accurate shooter. I have only had it for a few range trips so far but I'm taking it out to Valor Ridge next week for a 2,200 round Rifle Immersion class. I'll let you know my thoughts afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice. 2200 rounds will tell you a lot. Make sure you come back and post.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The barrel itself is a pig and add that weight out front from the Kx3/5 you have a fat cow.  Great shooting barrel but heavy, I sold mine and now have the Rainier Arms Rock Creek 13.7 and it's not exactly lightweight.  I will be buying a lightweight carbine gas barrel and having it cut this next go round.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:16:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. 2200 rounds will tell you a lot. Make sure you come back and post.
View Quote
I've finished the first two days of class and put about 1000 rounds through the Infidel. No issues, stoppages, or trouble of any kind. The gun has been more accurate than I am and I have not felt the weight at all. I have been running it on a sling for class. Zeroing from the prone at 100 yrds I was getting 1.5 inch groups with 55gr Freedom Munitions re-manufactured ammo, so I had no complaints. The KX5 is definitely quieter than some of the brakes and comps others were running in class but it does throw some big fireballs in low light- just something to consider.

Not much else to say about the gun- it worked and I didn't have to mess with or change anything about it so it's a winner in my book. Class has been awesome BTW and I *HIGHLY* recommend Valor Ridge to anyone interested in some training.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
What glass and trigger are you running? Were you shooting off a bi-pod?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#10]
WarNerve,

Stock trigger (ALG ACT) and T-2 in a Larue Mount. No bipod.

No problems with first round hits at 300 yds with a 100 yd zero and a high center chest hold.

Like I said, the gun will shoot and any misses are all me as the shooter.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top