Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2017 2:16:31 PM EDT
Is there a such thing. Something maybe billet, machined and anodized very well?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
...no?

just get a colt take off for like 50 bucks in the EE
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No need for such nonsense. If you are set on "high-end", buy a brand new BCM handle or something along those lines, or find one that is decent and have it cerakoted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Other than usgi and Chinese shit there is CNC gunsmithing A1 carry handle and the NC star gen2 "carry handle".
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
BCM.  Have seen numerous accounts from people saying they bought cheap ones first and wish they would have just ponied up right away for the BCM because the quality was so much better once they got the BCM.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No need for such nonsense. If you are set on "high-end", buy a brand new BCM handle or something along those lines, or find one that is decent and have it cerakoted.
View Quote

Windham Weaponry also has some very good quality carrying handles. I have a couple of them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The closest thing to a "high end" carry handle I can come up with is the Rock River Tactical Mount Assembly. 

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=436

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Rock River sells National Match 1/4 by 1/4 moa carry handle. Around $170.00. You buy a pinned rear NM carry handle from White Oak Armament.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
No. Just mil-spec carry handle and shit carry handle. Any carry handle with the common forge codes is what you seek.

I owned 1 shitty one produced by GMG, on the outside it appeared to be mil-spec minus the lack of a forge code, on the inside it didn't even clamp down properly and was out of spec in multiple areas.

Generally speaking i now judge carry handles by their forge code or lack of forge code, similar to receivers. Square, cardinal etc all good options.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No. Just mil-spec carry handle and shit carry handle. Any carry handle with the common forge codes is what you seek.

I owned 1 shitty one produced by GMG, on the outside it appeared to be mil-spec minus the lack of a forge code, on the inside it didn't even clamp down properly.

Generally speaking i now judge carry handles by their forge code or lack of forge code, similar to receivers. Square, cardinal etc all good options.
View Quote

Unfortunately, the forge code is just who forged it, not who machined it.

And, the machining company governs well it fits and, generally, how good a finish it has.  A better judge of quality would be who you buy it from.  Good vendors don't stock crap.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the new turkish 308 rilfe carry handle.  it is similar to a G36 and is see through allowing you to use flip up sights . Prob would not be too hard to make
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, the forge code is just who forged it, not who machined it.

And, the machining company governs well it fits and, generally, how good a finish it has.  A better judge of quality would be who you buy it from.  Good vendors don't stock crap.
View Quote

I know. I buy them used off of the EE though so the forge code is all I really have to go off of in that scenario. Would be nice if they were marked like Colt and FN receivers. (Forger and who machined it)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top