User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these things mostly MIM components?
Looking at the two piece selector shaft, it appears to be two different surface textures?
I'm not saying it is a problem, I'm just observing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you look inside the packaging with the selector there is something is that is similar to the the "trip sear" (called the trigger locking mechanism) we saw on the video images that were released.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15220084_1211883465571370_1481938614072186696_n.jpg?oh=092c62570f7a7cf4e78fc9f2f16e9781&oe=58C53E25
If I am reading this correctly the letter is for the Hawbaker design but on facebook fostech has an opinion letter from someone that  worked with the ATF techonlogies branch saying that the "trigger locking mechanism" mod to prevent hammer follow does not make it a MG.  No real ATF letter on the new version, which is just like Franklin armory BFS gen II and gen III trigger. That is if I am reading it correctly. At lest there is a real ATF letter for the Hawbaker original design.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15285016_1211883622238021_6142154377649503182_n.jpg?oh=2e58a5f4ec0214bf5d2211f83358bc1b&oe=58BEAEA3
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/s960x960/15259517_1211883718904678_4710576117778797813_o.jpg
View Quote

I'm excited that the units look ready to be in the mail.  However, a consulting firm, does not the BATFE make.
I'd love to cash and carry one of these, since as of right now, I have the thought of the Akins in the back of my mind.  "Keep the trigger, but surrender the trigger lock"
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm excited that the units look ready to be in the mail.  However, a consulting firm, does not the BATFE make.
I'd love to cash and carry one of these, since as of right now, I have the thought of the Akins in the back of my mind.  "Keep the trigger, but surrender the trigger lock"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you look inside the packaging with the selector there is something is that is similar to the the "trip sear" (called the trigger locking mechanism) we saw on the video images that were released.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15220084_1211883465571370_1481938614072186696_n.jpg?oh=092c62570f7a7cf4e78fc9f2f16e9781&oe=58C53E25
If I am reading this correctly the letter is for the Hawbaker design but on facebook fostech has an opinion letter from someone that  worked with the ATF techonlogies branch saying that the "trigger locking mechanism" mod to prevent hammer follow does not make it a MG.  No real ATF letter on the new version, which is just like Franklin armory BFS gen II and gen III trigger. That is if I am reading it correctly. At lest there is a real ATF letter for the Hawbaker original design.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15285016_1211883622238021_6142154377649503182_n.jpg?oh=2e58a5f4ec0214bf5d2211f83358bc1b&oe=58BEAEA3
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/s960x960/15259517_1211883718904678_4710576117778797813_o.jpg

and the Akins spring mod is exactly why you want an ATF letter on the current design. I doubt what happened to the Akins will happen on the ECHO but it would make sense to have a current design ATF letter. What Fostech did is exactly what Franklin armory did.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Fostech Echo Trigger live fire
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Fostech ECHO Trigger opening and installation
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
How is the trigger in echo mode? Does it feel like a normal ar trigger? The binary trigger has sort of a funky feel to it and you can't really ride the reset, just wondering if this has the same feel.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
It is 7:45 pm Central time where I am, and Fostech just called me for my final payment ($200 deposit in January, $289 due now).

They will ship it out UPS Monday, and I should have it middle of next week. Very courteous. You can tell this is a mom and pop operation (and I mean that in a good way).

This could be fun.

G.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How is the trigger in echo mode? Does it feel like a normal ar trigger? The binary trigger has sort of a funky feel to it and you can't really ride the reset, just wondering if this has the same feel.
View Quote

The 1st Echo to ship went to the patent holder of the initial design & he just posted the vids I linked above. Haven't received mine yet but will have it soon. Spoke w/ Sophi this evening to pay my invoice in full, great conversation.... glad I waited it out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The 1st Echo to ship went to the patent holder of the initial design & he just posted the vids I linked above. Haven't received mine yet but will have it soon. Spoke w/ Sophi this evening to pay my invoice in full, great conversation.... glad I waited it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
here's to hoping i get a call before christmas
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is 7:45 pm Central time where I am, and Fostech just called me for my final payment ($200 deposit in January, $289 due now).

They will ship it out UPS Monday, and I should have it middle of next week. Very courteous. You can tell this is a mom and pop operation (and I mean that in a good way).

This could be fun.

G.
View Quote

Nice!
When did you order?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome!!! Can't wait to get mine.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
thinking about putting a deposit on one, how long has most people been waiting?

Not a bad price considering it comes with a bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Orders shipping now were made in January of 16. I've been waiting since March.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Need to get on this, too. My BIL tried to talk me into putting down a deposit back in April.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Fostech Echo in the wild. Install video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6phYVTqi-w
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Gunsafe,

Thanks for posting that link.

I'm not sure I would have figured out pushing the hammer lock forward (and holding it there by pulling the trigger) when mating the upper and lower together. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten frustrated quickly too.
That's good to know.

G.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jan 31 I think it was and I just got my email today! Payment sent!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I just saw this

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fostech Echo in the wild. Install video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6phYVTqi-w
View Quote

Not a bad video. My only complaints are that you can't see the trigger when he's trying to show us something a couple times, but it's not a big deal. 

Looks like a simple install, and that added tip at the end of this video will likely save us all some frustration once we get ours installed

I'm thinking the ECHO will not fit in a Colt lower, without machining out the sear web. That's a bummer.  

I hope they get to April's orders soon. 

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just saw this

t_xuACyPFPk</iframe>
View Quote

Interesting.

So, it's almost opposite of the BFSIII; if you don't pull back far enough in ECHO mode, it will only fire on pull. Whereas with the BFSIII, if you don't let the trigger out all the way in Binary mode, it only fires on release. 

It looks like it runs good, but did anyone else catch his comments about light strikes on the primers in video he shot beforehand? I wonder if he was running into hammer follow, or if the hammer spring(s) aren't strong enough in the configuration he was running? 

I know they are using the HIPERFIRE's spring setup, but does anyone know if they are including more than one set of springs? 
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be testing the hammer power out.  I've got a bunch of hard primered Russian ammo that was built with 5.45 primers.  Standard AR15 FCG's won't ignite them regularly.  I've also got plans to use it on my 7.62x39 upper.

Now if they would just call me for my money!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll be testing the hammer power out.  I've got a bunch of hard primered Russian ammo that was built with 5.45 primers.  Standard AR15 FCG's won't ignite them regularly.  I've also got plans to use it on my 7.62x39 upper.

View Quote

In for your report on that. 

I'll be using M193 more than likely, so I doubt I'll have any ignition issues. 

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just saw this

t_xuACyPFPk</iframe>
View Quote

Why can't I see it on any of my devices?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The unit uses hiperfire springs so you should have full power on the hammer for harder primers. let use know what your results are with it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:39:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Interesting.

So, it's almost opposite of the BFSIII; if you don't pull back far enough in ECHO mode, it will only fire on pull. Whereas with the BFSIII, if you don't let the trigger out all the way in Binary mode, it only fires on release. 

It looks like it runs good, but did anyone else catch his comments about light strikes on the primers in video he shot beforehand? I wonder if he was running into hammer follow, or if the hammer spring(s) aren't strong enough in the configuration he was running? 

I know they are using the HIPERFIRE's spring setup, but does anyone know if they are including more than one set of springs? 
View Quote

I don't know how I missed your comment. The new site has been so buggy for me. They fixed the video part and images tonight. I think you may be able to replace the springs. To me it looks like it comes with the high power springs installed. The silver ones on my hiperfire 3G trigger are the highest with almost no resetting or travel. It breaks at 3 lbs and is a dream to shoot. I will not know for sure until we have one in hand. It looks fun as hell to shoot!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't know how I missed your comment. The new site has been so buggy for me. They fixed the video part and images tonight. I think you may be able to replace the springs. To me it looks like it comes with the high power springs installed. The silver ones on my hiperfire 3G trigger are the highest with almost no resetting or travel. It breaks at 3 lbs and is a dream to shoot. I will not know for sure until we have one in hand. It looks fun as hell to shoot!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.

Good to hear the bugs are being worked out on the site. 

I'm in for your report on the springs. I'm anxious to get the one we ordered in hand. 

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Mine has shipped and should be here by Thursday.  I will try to get to the range this weekend and report back but I don't know if I will have time.  I am really curious to see how this compares to the FA GenIII.  I had the GenII but sold it.  I am really happy with the GenIII so far but haven't had enough trigger time yet to say for certain it is everything I think it is.  Also, I have been using it with a full weight M16 BCG and the stronger spring that comes with it.  I have a Springco Red that I want to try along with a new RCA Ti BCG with adjustable gas key that I plan on installing on my suppressed Mk18 which has my GenIII installed.  I will test the Echo and the GenIII side by side before I mess with it so I can get a good comparison.  My GenIII runs great with my CMMG 22LR conversion carrier which I don't expect the Fostech will based on the proprietary BCG.  I only wish I had some private land to shoot on.  Doing mag dumps at the ranges around here depends on who is in charge of the range that day and that really sucks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mine has shipped and should be here by Thursday.  I will try to get to the range this weekend and report back but I don't know if I will have time.  I am really curious to see how this compares to the FA GenIII.  I had the GenII but sold it.  I am really happy with the GenIII so far but haven't had enough trigger time yet to say for certain it is everything I think it is.  Also, I have been using it with a full weight M16 BCG and the stronger spring that comes with it.  I have a Springco Red that I want to try along with a new RCA Ti BCG with adjustable gas key that I plan on installing on my suppressed Mk18 which has my GenIII installed.  I will test the Echo and the GenIII side by side before I mess with it so I can get a good comparison.  My GenIII runs great with my CMMG 22LR conversion carrier which I don't expect the Fostech will based on the proprietary BCG.  I only wish I had some private land to shoot on.  Doing mag dumps at the ranges around here depends on who is in charge of the range that day and that really sucks.
View Quote

Sounds good. 

Standing by for your report. 

Also, did anyone else see the video Chad from IV8888 put out on the ECHO yesterday? Seemed like it ran well, and he even ran it with a 9mm upper (with no mention of what modifications had to be done to get the 9mm to work). 
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

standing by also to hear how that ti carrier works out

good to hear your echo is in route , i'm hoping to get an email soon.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah I came here right after I saw Chad's video. I was pleased to see how well it seemed to run on the 300blk although that might make things a tad expensive quickly for me. Still pretty excited and hope to see an email requesting payment in the next few days. I think I ordered Feb 8th.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#32]
FYI, I ordered 1/31 and received my email invoice Sunday night.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
FYI, I ordered 1/31 and received my email invoice Sunday night.
View Quote
Thanks.

Here's hoping they get to April fast 

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoa! That's awesome! Looking forward to the report and pics pics pics. I want to know if BAD levers will work on it
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Here's hoping they get to April fast 

View Quote

Can't get to April without getting though March
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah I came here right after I saw Chad's video. I was pleased to see how well it seemed to run on the 300blk although that might make things a tad expensive quickly for me. Still pretty excited and hope to see an email requesting payment in the next few days. I think I ordered Feb 8th.
View Quote

[sub][/sub]
Can you post his video. I can't find it on YT on my phone. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

[sub][/sub]
Can you post his video. I can't find it on YT on my phone. Thanks
View Quote

It was on Facebook. 
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#40]
wow, works on blackout 5.56 and 9mm. Don't suppose someone could see how it works on 22LR/.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thank you sir!
View Quote

yes thanks for the link

here's to hoping that the people that got pissed about the delays and got a refund were orders from before the 3rd week of february
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
wow, works on blackout 5.56 and 9mm. Don't suppose someone could see how it works on 22LR/.
View Quote

He had to modify his 9mm bolt to work. I'm assuming you'd have to do the same with a .22LR setup. 

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He had to modify his 9mm bolt to work. I'm assuming you'd have to do the same with a .22LR setup. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure you can modify a 22 setup in the manner required. I will be attempting this once I get mine.

For those of us running CMMG bolts/kits, I wonder if some modifications can be made to this for reliable echo mode?
https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/auto-sear-trip-kit-22arc/
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Well sure enough I looked in my email earlier this evening and there was the email saying it was ready to ship. Paid right away and getting quite excited. I ordered Feb 8th.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I plan on moding my piston bolt on my Blackout for it to work. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I guess its not going to hurt anything because I will never have a MG and even if 922 (o) is modified to allow the registry to open again I will buy a new carrier

I dont know when I will get the one for the review. I may have pissed someone off questioning about the non ATF letter on facebook
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#46]
All,

I received my Echo Trigger yesterday and I wanted to share my experience with it so far.  I received it in the mail in the packaging that they show on their FB page.  As far as installation, I didn't have any major issues, however, the trigger does not seem to be operating properly.  When I go to pull the trigger, the "slack" takeup is very gritty, non-crisp, and very jerky.  Furthermore, the trigger will just hang where you leave it if you do not fully depress the trigger.  This is very concerning to me, especially considering the fact that it is a $479 trigger.  The components appear to be sand casted and are very roughly polished up.  And by roughly I mean that there are chatter marks everywhere on almost all components.

I fired the gun today and I did have issues getting the Echo Mode to work.  It seemed to not want to fire on release about 50% of the time, even when I made sure to depress the trigger enough (as shown in the video by Freedom Guru on YouTube).  I did have 2 light primer strikes, which may be indicating hammer follow as has been suggested.  Is anyone else seeing issues like these with their triggers?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All,

I received my Echo Trigger yesterday and I wanted to share my experience with it so far.  I received it in the mail in the packaging that they show on their FB page.  As far as installation, I didn't have any major issues, however, the trigger does not seem to be operating properly.  When I go to pull the trigger, the "slack" takeup is very gritty, non-crisp, and very jerky.  Furthermore, the trigger will just hang where you leave it if you do not fully depress the trigger.  This is very concerning to me, especially considering the fact that it is a $479 trigger.  The components appear to be sand casted and are very roughly polished up.  And by roughly I mean that there are chatter marks everywhere on almost all components.

I fired the gun today and I did have issues getting the Echo Mode to work.  It seemed to not want to fire on release about 50% of the time, even when I made sure to depress the trigger enough (as shown in the video by Freedom Guru on YouTube).  I did have 2 light primer strikes, which may be indicating hammer follow as has been suggested.  Is anyone else seeing issues like these with their triggers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:00:55 AM EDT
[#48]
I recommend a small touch of FrogLube (or whatever you use) on the "points" that are mentioned in the FosTech videos on FB. I also placed a small drop on the selector and that "trigger lock" cam thing. Cycled the thing with snap caps for a bit (about 20 minutes) or so, then cleaned off the excess. Runs like a champ.
Got the idea from Mr. Hawbaker's install video and recalled my experience with my TacCon 241 trigger "hanging".
No need to lube the trigger itself, just those "points" that Mr. Foss mentioned and Mr. Hawbaker kinda mentioned in his video.
Working the action also really helped to loosen the parts. I found a small amount of "black" color to the other parts I just used a Q-tip to clean. Think it may have been just the metal contacts. Has a "shiny" appearance now on some of these parts.
Look at Chad's recent video as well. There is a close up of the trigger. I suspect he figured some of this out before from the prototypes they had access to back at ShotShow and then in March when they posted their review. I noticed some of the same "shiny" that would indicate he probably worked the action for a bit before taking to the range.

I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

FosTech has a winner here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All,

View Quote

Ruh roh raggy.... 

This is not good news. Did you contact FosTech yet? 

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#50]
What is the consensus to lube these? Can you spray Hornady one shot lube all over everything? Or TW25b specific points?
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top