Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2016 7:29:43 PM EDT
I am purchasing a Pistol in .300 BLK and was thinking about the Noveske Pistol. I own an number of their rifles but haven't purchased anything since John passed away. If anyone has any info on the quality of their own or others recent Noveske rifle/pistol purchases I would appreciate it. I want this to be my primary car gun and I can't afford for it to not be made well and work great.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The eleventh commandment:

Thou shall not doubt the quality of the iron cross.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems like their machining has gotten a little rougher. I know there were batches of receivers after Mr. Noveske's death that were uncharacteristically sloppy for a Noveske product. I know their billet stuff (at least the lower) and NSR were outsourced to SMOS

Seems like a bit of a rudderless boat right now. Good products, but not really innovating.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
While not speaking to Noveske's quality, a good portion of the industry's quality is catching up in recent times.  You can buy a whole lot of really good stuff for less money.  

That is just the natural evolution of things with competition.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
What I've purchased from them recent is quality. They do seem to be stalled and not pumping out a lot of propaganda unlike erathr3. However I bought my noveske parts because their gen 2-3 line uppers and lowers are rock solid their nsr rail is awesome and the countless copies are evidence of that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I built two SBR's with all Noveske major parts in the past year. The uppers/lowers lock up tight as heck and the rails are superb.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#7]
John was smart.  He set it up to run without him.  

They are as good as it gets.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:11:23 AM EDT
[#8]
The shop I work at always had a great relationship with Noveske that goes back to when they first started and I was definitely an early adopter of their products. From what I've seen, they hit a rough patch like everyone else after Sandy Hook and some stuff were hit and miss but, overall quality was still great.

All the stuff I've seen over the past year or so has been inline with what one comes to expect from Noveske so, buy with confidence. Heck, I can't even find any blemishes in the Gen 1 Chainsaw lowers we have in stock.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The only Noveske I'd own would be one John built. I've seen some real junk come out of there, and if you ask industry insiders that will be candid with you, you'd be shocked at what comes out of Noveske regarding dimensional accuracy and materials used.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#10]
After a retarded response from them over an issue with one of their factory uppers, I have no interest in buying anything from them again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only Noveske I'd own would be one John built. I've seen some real junk come out of there, and if you ask industry insiders that will be candid with you, you'd be shocked at what comes out of Noveske regarding dimensional accuracy and materials used.
View Quote

Wow. Care to elaborate? Noveske has delivered the goods for me, both during John's life and after he passed. I have quite the collection and it includes Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 2.1 (PMAG M3 compatable) and the new billet Gen 3 stuff. Shock me . . .
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After a retarded response from them over an issue with one of their factory uppers, I have no interest in buying anything from them again.
View Quote

That totally sucks, with your user name and all -
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a Noveske upper a few years ago. The dust cover will not shut without me depressing the pin.

Kind of annoying.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a 10.5 CHF CL Basic barrel from them not too long ago. I installed in an upper and the front sight post that they drilled for pins is pretty damn crooked.

I'm sure the barrel does its job, but it sure is annoying not having full function of the front sight. On my other rifles, when I begin to zero, shoot for groups or distance, I deploy the front sight so I can see if I have any vertical deviation. With the front sight being crooked right outta the gate, you can say good bye to having that function. It also does annoying driving the gun and seeing the front sight post clinging to one side of the Micro T1.

Regardless, it cycles flawlessly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#15]
A few years back they released some stuff that looked like ass.  I bought an Afghan at that time built on a gen ii upper/lower and it literally looked like a retarded monkey took a grinder to the lower.    I wasn't the only one that received something that was poorly finished around that time.

To their credit they made it right with a gen iii lower and i had them upgrade the upper to a gen iii at my expense and I have bought another rifle from them since than.

FWIW, I've come to the conclusion that it is simply unreasonable to expect a company to NOT release a product from time to time that has some issue or other.  Thats just the nature of producing things that are in demand.  Sometimes things slip through the cracks.

On another note...Have their prices increased more over the last year or two?  I was poking around on some of the vendors sights and it seems like Noveskes are more than I remember them being.

ETA: While Im at it, I also wish they do away with the branding on the uppers...
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wow. Care to elaborate? Noveske has delivered the goods for me, both during John's life and after he passed. I have quite the collection and it includes Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 2.1 (PMAG M3 compatable) and the new billet Gen 3 stuff. Shock me . . .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not really. If you know, you know, and if you're happy and don't, then motor on. John was a good guy. I don't feel like dragging people into this that don't want to be dragged into it, which is what you're basically asking me to do. It's my fault for throwing it out there, but that's as far as I'm taking it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, not really. If you know, you know, and if you're happy and don't, then motor on. John was a good guy. I don't feel like dragging people into this that don't want to be dragged into it, which is what you're basically asking me to do. It's my fault for throwing it out there, but that's as far as I'm taking it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

posts like yours are the reasons rumors with no factual base get started.Fly by night posting that contains no real info and only a negative opinion that is against the norm.

every company has a lemon or two come out eventually

everyone of them
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Terrible response.  If you don't want to back it up, don't put it out there.  This is a technical discussion.  Maybe add something technical and not rumor mill.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh dude you should expect to get raked over the coals for this. Major phone pa bro. Major.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Join date. Post count.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Join date. Post count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date. Post count.

Exactly. Just take his word for it guys. He knows.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

While not speaking to Noveske's quality, a good portion of the industry's quality is catching up in recent times.  You can buy a whole lot of really good stuff for less money.  

That is just the natural evolution of things with competition.  

View Quote

While I agree with this statement in general, I feel like with the supply-and-demand being very slanted towards more demand than supplies can produce at this time, the quality of a manufactured product, even firearms parts, may suffer a bit as factories/forges/etc. are doing all they can do to get enough product out the door.

That said....I know nothing about Noveske's QC diminishing.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought a 10.5 CHF CL Basic barrel from them not too long ago. I installed in an upper and the front sight post that they drilled for pins is pretty damn crooked.

I'm sure the barrel does its job, but it sure is annoying not having full function of the front sight. On my other rifles, when I begin to zero, shoot for groups or distance, I deploy the front sight so I can see if I have any vertical deviation. With the front sight being crooked right outta the gate, you can say good bye to having that function. It also does annoying driving the gun and seeing the front sight post clinging to one side of the Micro T1.

Regardless, it cycles flawlessly.
View Quote

Who's upper did you use? Perhaps the problem resides there instead.

I would return a barrel that was that far off, I am 100% confident they would have replaced it no questions asked.

Manufacturers want to know when stuff goes out the door that isn't right. It allows them to fix their jigs or address employee issues so it doesn't happen again. I can assure everyone that the best companies (which Noveske is one) don't want products going out their door that create problems for the end user.

I have several Noveske barrels and every one is a hammer. I have not purchased anything from them in years, I'm still trying to wear out the stuff I already own. I will be buying from them again should the need arise.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date. Post count.

Don't care. Don't own any noveske. Don't care what I bring you, my join date invalidates it all. Carry on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Don't care. Don't own any noveske. Don't care what I bring you, my join date invalidates it all. Carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Join date. Post count.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Havent bought any Noveske stuff lately.  I did buy an N4 Basic not too long after John passed, though.  Gun is flawless and a great shooter, love that thing!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Noveske has some good stuff but just like everyone else they have problems from time to time.  I have several noveske rifles from before and after John died.  Some of the problems I have had.  

1-Noveske SWS rail was out of spec.  The rails were too wide.  Replace by Noveske.

2-Gen 1 lower had the trigger guard holes drilled to high.  Send it back and they replace it with another lower than had the holes drilled to high as well.  Their response was "they are all like that lately".  I said fuck it and kept it.  

3-Gen 1 lower has buffer retainer hole drilled incorrectly so now the buffer slams into the pin causing wear on the buffer which will eventually snap off the pin.  Not sure if I should return it now or wait till the pin snaps off.  Annoying.  

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date. Post count.

Think about it...You're words are pretty meaningless without facts backing that up.

"Brand "X" sucks because I say it does, and others agree with me but I can't divulge details".

Anyway, like I said before there is not a company out there that has not had issues or had lemons slip through.  Not one..
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I have not noticed any difference
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Think about it...You're words are pretty meaningless without facts backing that up.

"Brand "X" sucks because I say it does, and others agree with me but I can't divulge details".

Anyway, like I said before there is not a company out there that has not had issues or had lemons slip through.  Not one..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date. Post count.

If you want to back up what I'm saying, call some of their former employees, speak with other industry professionals. It's not my place to throw names around. Also, I could give a rip what anyone on this forum purchases. I make no money off of anything sold by anyone,  and I hold no one's wellbeing sacred who posts here. I have zero impetus to satisfy the question asked beyond the answer I initially gave. So call and talk with who did noveskes machine work. Call and talk to former employees and project leads. Noone gave me what I have for free, I'm not going to spoon feed that info. You go get it if it's so all fired important.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#31]
My last build with a Noveske SPR barrel displeased me. Took me forever to get a load to shoot sub minute with it. Finally found a 77gr loading that it likes, but my AUG and original AR with a Noveske Recon barrel shoot everything consistently better than this one. It will be my last Noveske barrel.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I am still waiting on an upper I ordered through a dealer from March this year. Two years ago I made the decision of cancelling an order in favor of building the upper myself based on the Noveske barrel and KX3.
It is a nice shooter for an SBR, but I have always wanted the "whole Noveske" (at least the complete upper). So, still waiting on the upper to be completed. Split rail sill pending from Cerakote. Hope to see this upper soon as Form 1 should be back by March after 8-9 month wait.

Based on what I get from them will certainly report back. Have had no issue with their stuff thus far.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

<snip>

If you want to back up what I'm saying, call some of their former employees, speak with other industry professionals. It's not my place to throw names around. Also, I could give a rip what anyone on this forum purchases. I make no money off of anything sold by anyone,  and I hold no one's wellbeing sacred who posts here. I have zero impetus to satisfy the question asked beyond the answer I initially gave. So call and talk with who did noveskes machine work. Call and talk to former employees and project leads. Noone gave me what I have for free, I'm not going to spoon feed that info. You go get it if it's so all fired important.
View Quote

Your answer is pretty bullshit, and not because I own a couple Noveske rifles. The impetus isn't on anyone to "back up what you're saying" except you, clearly you can't and have gone to great lengths to prove it...greater in fact than it would have been to just back up your original statement.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I've noticed the same thing about the latest run of Gen 1 lower receivers.... the trigger guard roll pin hole looks super off cetner and barely within the radius of the trigger guard ears. You can see this by looking at any of the latest complete rifles or Gen 1 lowers on GunBroker.  I bought another Gen 3 lower in 2015, and it looks just as well finished as my earlier ones. It may not be cerakoted though. I still would by Noveske with confidence.. but I would probably skip out on the last batch of Gen 1 lowers though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, basically, "talk to probably-disgruntled ex-employees and Noveske's competition".

I don't know if Noveske's quality has declined since John's death, but I think that it's fair to say that the brand has lost some of its cachet since he is no longer at the helm.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So, basically, "talk to probably-disgruntled ex-employees and Noveske's competition".

I don't know if Noveske's quality has declined since John's death, but I think that it's fair to say that the brand has lost some of its cachet since he is no longer at the helm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Questions:

How many upper management shifts have happened at Noveske in the last 2 years?
How many times have they changed who cuts their metal in the last 2 years?
Why do they bother cerakoting black upper and lowers black?
Why did all of the senior employees leave, and who has replaced them?
Why did they drop SWR and SMOS?
Why has this thread turned up so many "my such and such was machined way off..." posts? (see above questions about SMOS, SWR, and how they are doing their metal work currently)
Who REALLY runs Noveske, and how effectively are they managing their industry relationships and holding their suppliers accountable for QA/QC? What is their driving ideology behind their business model?
Why is Noveske no-longer really bantered about with LaRue tactical listed as a competitor? I remember when "LaRue or Noveske?" what happened to that?

John was a gun guy, and him and Joel started out in a garage putting their heads together coming up with some great ideas and then making them happen via the connections John made serving our great country. That garage grew into the Maltese Cross baring company that we see today, but what direction has all of this taken since John (RIP) and Joel departed the company a few years ago?

What is the latest thing Noveske innovated? The Switchblock!? Does Noveske even offer a model with Ambi controls besides the Noveske branded charging-handle from ATXS?! Where is the innovation? (hint: follow Joel's path to V7...) Noveske has nearly $3000 rifles that are using $59.99 MSRP LPK's for crying out loud while their former machine shop is offering the same uppers and lowers and rails they used to make for THEM for about 1/2 the price.

Everything's fine at Noveske, obviously, and I'm just a new guy full of shit with an axe to grind.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Questions:

Why has this thread turned up so many "my such and such was machined way off..." posts? (see above questions about SMOS, SWR, and how they are doing their metal work currently)
Who REALLY runs Noveske, and how effectively are they managing their industry relationships and holding their suppliers accountable for QA/QC? What is their driving ideology behind their business model?
Why is Noveske no-longer really bantered about with LaRue tactical listed as a competitor? I remember when "LaRue or Noveske?" what happened to that?

John was a gun guy, and him and Joel started out in a garage putting their heads together coming up with some great ideas and then making them happen via the connections John made serving our great country. That garage grew into the Maltese Cross baring company that we see today, but what direction has all of this taken since John (RIP) and Joel departed the company a few years ago?

What is the latest thing Noveske innovated? The Switchblock!? Does Noveske even offer a model with Ambi controls besides the Noveske branded charging-handle from ATXS?! Where is the innovation? (hint: follow Joel's path to V7...) Noveske has nearly $3000 rifles that are using $59.99 MSRP LPK's for crying out loud while their former machine shop is offering the same uppers and lowers and rails they used to make for THEM for about 1/2 the price.

Everything's fine at Noveske, obviously, and I'm just a new guy full of shit with an axe to grind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Questions:

if you go to the Noveske or Rainier website where they have their uppers and lowers listed, it says they are anodized, not cerakoted.

I know there were some manufacturing issues with the Gen 2 lowers...Theres an article about that somewhere but I can't find it now.  

Management changes..I can't comment about that, other than to say it's not uncommon for a company to go through management shakeups, especially after the owner dies.

Innovation...Is there really anything left to innovate in the AR world?  

As far as the posts about people having problems with Noveske products in this thread, name me one single AR manufacturer out there that has not released a product that has had issues...name one.  I've been in the market for a couple of higher end AR's this year, not naming names, but my research found examples of even the more expensive manufacturers that are spoken of with reverance on this forum and others releasing stuff that has had issues.

Like I said before, my Afghan I bought a few years back looked like ass....literally.  Noveske went above and beyond to make sure it's right so I can't really say anything bad about them.

ETA: misaligned trigger hole roll pin..I went on GB and looked at the photos, than I looked at the trigger guard roll pin hole on my Gen 1, one of my Colts, as well as my LMT and did not see any difference in the location of the hole in the receivers shown on GB compared to the three rifles I looked at here.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strange, this happened to me also.  Bought an upper from them that didn't fit any of my lowers (mega arms, lrb, rainier arms, windham, rra).  The takedown pin holes didn't line up.  The woman said my lowers were out of spec and i needed their special takedown pins.  Tried them but no luck.  They basically said they weren't going to do anything about it so i sold it to a person who has a noveske lower.  Apparently it fit since he never called me back.  Never again will i buy from them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Strange, this happened to me also.  Bought an upper from them that didn't fit any of my lowers (mega arms, lrb, rainier arms, windham, rra).  The takedown pin holes didn't line up.  The woman said my lowers were out of spec and i needed their special takedown pins.  Tried them but no luck.  They basically said they weren't going to do anything about it so i sold it to a person who has a noveske lower.  Apparently it fit since he never called me back.  Never again will i buy from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

During the brief time that the guy from Brownells was in charge of things, CS issues got handled. Seems this manager maybe not?

I guess they also stopped cerakoting all the things.

Kind of speaks to my point...who the hell knows what's up with them? Yesterday was yesterday, and as they say, maybe they slept since then.

So...can someone find me a another manufacturer  thread with misaligned takedown pin holes and CS that refuses to admit it? This thread is one big validation of everything I've said. Just read the damn thing. Changes left and right, varying experiences,  and wild QA/QC issues. Kind of what I initially said...but I'm just a new guy with no arfcom cred, so ignore me and buy noveske!  Odds honestly are, yours would be fine, but OP asked for more of a general opinion.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

During the brief time that the guy from Brownells was in charge of things, CS issues got handled. Seems this manager maybe not?

Kind of speaks to my point...who the hell knows what's up with them? Yesterday was yesterday, and as they say, maybe they slept since then.

So...can someone find me a another manufacturer  thread with misaligned takedown pin holes and CS that refuses to admit it? This thread is one big validation of everything I've said. Just read the damn thing. Changes left and right, varying experiences,  and wild QA/QC issues. Kind of what I initially said...but I'm just a new guy with no arfcom cred, so ignore me and buy noveske!  Odds honestly are, yours would be fine, but OP asked for more of a general opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus.... let it go man.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Whether you like it or no, esp the ppl busting on John_dough, Noveske lost its way. The ppl that made the company what it was are dead or have moved on, incl Sheri and others. Their price scales are still as high as if they were the only top tier player but their innovation has just stopped. Rudderless boat is an excellent way to put it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#42]
I might add, like any consumer driven industry, innovation in the industry is far from dead. I'll give you a couple hints; 2A, V7, Erathr3, SLR. OH LOOK, 2 of those I just listed are former top managers at what used to be an innovative and cutting edge company. And yes, I have a John era n4 12.5 vltor SB upper and it is a LASER. But guess what, shills, the train has left the station. SLR blocks for every build recently. I need innovation, not rebranded axts charging handles. Or other lame accessories with a cross layered on them. Really a shame bc I used to be a cross wearing fanboy. Cue my red Noveske xmas tree ornament.

TLDR; Lorina Noveske sucks at running a top tier gun co.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#43]
I'd have to agree. As much as I've loved my Noveske products from past years, they seem to be a bit stale nowadays.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I might add, like any consumer driven industry, innovation in the industry is far from dead. I'll give you a couple hints; 2A, V7, Erathr3, SLR. OH LOOK, 2 of those I just listed are former top managers at what used to be an innovative and cutting edge company. And yes, I have a John era n4 12.5 vltor SB upper and it is a LASER. But guess what, shills, the train has left the station. SLR blocks for every build recently. I need innovation, not rebranded axts charging handles. Or other lame accessories with a cross layered on them. Really a shame bc I used to be a cross wearing fanboy. Cue my red Noveske xmas tree ornament.

TLDR; Lorina Noveske sucks at running a top tier gun co.
View Quote

Hold the presses.

If that's where this topic has swayed, I think there needs to be a completely secondary discussion on "innovation" vs "options". Sure there are a lot more options for buyers seemingly every day, but how many are true innovations in terms of performance vs simple options that are driven by personal preference? How much more innovative is an ultralight mlok rail vs a Troy alpha rail that's been on the market for a much longer time. How innovative is a titanium barrel nut that saves a half ounce on your build? Where exactly is this innovation you speak  of?

ETA - I'm only bringing this up because the thread was started by the OP asking about CQ. The fact that this thread has spun to innovation seems odd.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Whether you like it or no, esp the ppl busting on John_dough, Noveske lost its way. The ppl that made the company what it was are dead or have moved on, incl Sheri and others. Their price scales are still as high as if they were the only top tier player but their innovation has just stopped. Rudderless boat is an excellent way to put it.
View Quote

You have at least 5 years of arfcom veteran patronage. Don't throw all of the clout and pimpin' majesty (credit System of a Down) of that away by agreeing with what I said, brother!
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#47]
In relation to the above discussion, I'm technically an "industry professional". I don't want to go into details of where I work or who I work for, but I don't sell any Noveske products and I have no relationship to the company.

That being said, I haven't had any of the issues that I've read about in this thread on my gun I just build.

I used a gen 1 forged Noveske lower that I bought back in April. All the holes were drilled fine, everything lines up just fine, and the finish is great. The fitment is super tight with my BCM upper receiver even though they are two different brands. There is zero rattle between the upper and lower.

I used an Afghan barrel. The barrel is great. The gas port is fine, the gas block pin was drilled properly, and the M4 feed ramps line up just fine. I haven't shot it yet, but I have no doubts that it will be a great product.

I tried their gas tube and it really had a difficult time fitting inside the gas key on my Cryptic Coatings BCG. When half charging, like one would do during a chamber check, the BCG hung up on the gas tube and didn't go into battery. I don't think this is a Noveske related issue though, because the gas tube that I ultimately installed on the upper from Battle Arms Development has the same issue. My gun smith said that the problem would work itself out when I shot the rifle a few times.

Personally, I've had no issue with QC from Noveske. No one that I've talked to has said there is some widespread problem with the quality of their products. Some of the people on here are suggesting that Noveske is guilty of Marlin/Freedom Group levels of QC reduction and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that that couldn't be further from the truth. I sell Marlin and I have two Marlins from the 70s. The new ones don't come close.

Buy Noveske products with confidence. I use their products and pay the premium even though I could get parts from other companies heavily discounted.

Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In relation to the above discussion, I'm technically an "industry professional". I don't want to go into details of where I work or who I work for, but I don't sell any Noveske products and I have no relationship to the company.

That being said, I haven't had any of the issues that I've read about in this thread on my gun I just build.

I used a gen 1 forged Noveske lower that I bought back in April. All the holes were drilled fine, everything lines up just fine, and the finish is great. The fitment is super tight with my BCM upper receiver even though they are two different brands. There is zero rattle between the upper and lower.

I used an Afghan barrel. The barrel is great. The gas port is fine, the gas block pin was drilled properly, and the M4 feed ramps line up just fine. I haven't shot it yet, but I have no doubts that it will be a great product.

I tried their gas tube and it really had a difficult time fitting inside the gas key on my Cryptic Coatings BCG. When half charging, like one would do during a chamber check, the BCG hung up on the gas tube and didn't go into battery. I don't think this is a Noveske related issue though, because the gas tube that I ultimately installed on the upper from Battle Arms Development has the same issue. My gun smith said that the problem would work itself out when I shot the rifle a few times.

Personally, I've had no issue with QC from Noveske. No one that I've talked to has said there is some widespread problem with the quality of their products. Some of the people on here are suggesting that Noveske is guilty of Marlin/Freedom Group levels of QC reduction and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that that couldn't be further from the truth. I sell Marlin and I have two Marlins from the 70s. The new ones don't come close.

Buy Noveske products with confidence. I use their products and pay the premium even though I could get parts from other companies heavily discounted.

Just my $0.02.
View Quote

Based on your post, I would be more concerned with the Cryptic Coatings BCG than the gas tube. Have you tried the BCG in another completely different upper? The coating they use is very hard, and it is quite likely to wear the gas-tube  before IT wears/breaks-in This likely won't present any issues if you use the Cryptic carrier in that upper, only, but it is adding friction to the cycling process (which you bought that BCG to reduce...), and it's not "the way it should be". I would probably call Cryptic, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#49]
If there is an issue my guess is Noveske is just working on getting its wheels rolling smooth again. I mean the man with the plan past away at this point its going to be sink or swim and I think they'll swim just fine. Most of the so called leaders that left, most have NATURALLY gone on to do better things. V7, Erathr3.

If anyone is really concerned which I wouldn't be Id say go over and check out V7, I had an issue that was my fault and V7 went above and beyond. Not only that they are doing lost of innovative stuff to keep us occupied.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top