Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

How it was done for a Military customer. They probably don't see much return/profit if they were to do this for the average consumer. And if they were to, I'm assuming they would be more expensive than their Douglas barreled uppers and then people would cry about the prices.
View Quote
Also they better have the right forge markings along with no laser markings on the upper. Hypothetically of course, but would probably just be the URG-I fiasco over again if they attempted it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Where I’m at

Where I’m going

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:

Where I’m going
https://i.imgur.com/Mjek14i.jpg
View Quote

Where I went too...it's a solid setup!

Put some of the last few rounds through the Bison barrel this weekend before the Noveske goes on.  No problem hitting steel at 760 yards, but beyond that, the 1moa clicks on the Vari-X III become problematic.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I kinda miss my old Leupold on the H.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

https://i.postimg.cc/SRpJbxxB/DSC-5609.jpg

Put some of the last few rounds through the Bison barrel this weekend before the Noveske goes on.  No problem hitting steel at 760 yards, but beyond that, the 1moa clicks on the Vari-X III become problematic.

https://i.postimg.cc/nVvXYBdp/DSC-5728.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

Where I’m going
https://i.imgur.com/Mjek14i.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SRpJbxxB/DSC-5609.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/nVvXYBdp/DSC-5728.jpg

That’s it, nice build. Where would one find a 5th Group UID?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 5:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlueDevilBrew] [#6]

That’s it, nice build. Where would one find a 5th Group UID?
View Quote

This one's airsoft.  Compared to a real one I have, it's not a perfect 1:1, but passable if not directly next to each other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, my hunt for a Mod H upper during Black Friday actually struck black gold on Tac Swap. NIB 1:7 black PRI Gen 3 upper for $1200 shipped. It arrived today so I tossed the Leupy and Med ARMS rings on. With the already painted can I’ll need to zero and get this rattle canned ASAP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ditch-Tiger] [#8]
What sights have been seen ITW?
I know most Mod-H don't have BUIS pictured and I remember seeing one with Arm's R/Pri F. Any others with sights?
I'm rocking Pri F/R but it just doesn't seem correct.
Any help is appreciated.

Pic because......Mod-H

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I gotta get my Noveske in the mail to Ankratz for that FDE treatment I'm tired of having a box of parts because I chose to buy an $600 barrel lol...............Moving my PRI Douglas to another upper.........
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#10]
As it seems like an ARMS TRC is not going to be obtained in the near term, what kind of 45deg offset red dots have we seen on Mod H rifles?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Been busy, got a house. Here's the H:

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]

That's a nice rug you have there. Good taste.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

That's a nice rug you have there. Good taste.
View Quote
Thanks sir. I have two large ones; they were my grandmother's, and she was a class act
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a start. I've got a PM short dot I plan on putting on it once I get an upper.

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#15]
New to thread. Just completed my H build, let me know what you guys think.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MGB649:

https://i.postimg.cc/3xngQczS/IMG-8322.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:59:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#17]

https://i.postimg.cc/3xngQczS/IMG-8322.jpg
View Quote
See above for the lower u need to get. That scope wasn't seen on an h (or any mk12 in use really), and the recce rail should be black. Also get a black gas bustaaa. Have fun sleeping tonight! Lol ;)

Needs to be shot and worn it and then painted up really good good. And a can

:)
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:45:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MGB649] [#18]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
See above for the lower u need to get. That scope wasn't seen on an h (or any mk12 in use really), and the recce rail should be black. Also get a black gas bustaaa. Have fun sleeping tonight! Lol ;)

View Quote

Thank you, hahahahha.

I’m currently in search of a colt lower. I swear I read/heard that the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 was fielded, I could be mistaken but it’s still a nice piece of glass. First trip out and it walked out to 700 no problem. Rattle can will come later when it’s seen some wear.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Thank you, hahahahha.

I’m currently in search of a colt lower. I swear I read/heard that the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 was fielded, I could be mistaken but it’s still a nice piece of glass. First trip out and it walked out to 700 no problem. Rattle can will come later when it’s seen some wear.
View All Quotes

Thank you, hahahahha.

Rattle it first so it gets the wear started.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:41:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#20]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Thank you, hahahahha.

Concur.

Zero. Paint. Shoot. Shoot again.

ETA: shoot on the clock. It makes me mess up the paint faster

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#21]
Y'all have a good CRIMMAS! here's the oleeeee H out for some pics. First house, first Tree!

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to a charitable ARF member I was able to source a TRC for the H. Now to zero and rattle can the next warm day we get.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Y'all have a good CRIMMAS! here's the oleeeee H out for some pics. First house, first Tree!

https://i.postimg.cc/4yxVvtxW/IMG-20231218-200933971.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qBD3VNRd/IMG-20231218-200927946-2.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 6:00:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Midazoslam] [#24]
Gonna be that dirtbag 😁😬

If anyone is slightly regretting their Noveske barrel purchase and needs some emergency Christmas funds...hit me up, we can work some Christmas magic.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I agree :). Still waiting on someone telling us how accurate it is and comparison to the Douglas or other remakes.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 3:03:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#26]
Just an FYI I posted op my PRI Douglas FDE 1-7 H barrel with GB/Tube and Collar in Used Uppers section although it's never left the house or seen a single round.  Got caught up in work shit and haven't even mailed my Noveske to Ankratz yet to be coated FDE so I can put my H bitch back together again.............I feel it's a nice price for a damn fine barrel.........Jus Say'n because I've got the Noveske H, and two fucking CLE barrels going on 7 weeks now processing so maybe sometime in Jan I'll have those...

Merry Christmas ya Clone Whores may GOD bless you and yours...................................
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Midazoslam:
Gonna be that dirtbag 😁😬

If anyone is slightly regretting their Noveske barrel purchase and needs some emergency Christmas funds...hit me up, we can work some Christmas magic.

View Quote

I’ve got one still in the box that I’m debating whether I want to keep or not.  Have a PRI Douglas already on my H and I can’t imagine it’s gonna do much better than that one already does.  Which makes me not wanna go through the hassle of Cerakote and swapping barrels.  I guess I’m getting older and would rather just shoot than fiddle anymore

I’ll put some thought into whether I want to keep this thing or not and will reach out if I pass on it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I got 4 bills for a noveske barrel someone don't want lol. That way after I get it coated it will be the price and finish they shoulda been
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I got 4 bills for a noveske barrel someone don't want lol. That way after I get it coated it will be the price and finish they shoulda been
View Quote

@HaveBlue83 those 4 bills will land yo ass my new unfired Douglas FDE H barrel with GB/tube and short collar but not brake.....................Check it out in the EE ya bastad.............
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

I’ve got one still in the box that I’m debating whether I want to keep or not.  Have a PRI Douglas already on my H and I can’t imagine it’s gonna do much better than that one already does.  Which makes me not wanna go through the hassle of Cerakote and swapping barrels.  I guess I’m getting older and would rather just shoot than fiddle anymore

I’ll put some thought into whether I want to keep this thing or not and will reach out if I pass on it.
View Quote

Crossing fingers! Appreciate the consideration.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

@HaveBlue83 those 4 bills will land yo ass my new unfired Douglas FDE H barrel with GB/tube and short collar but not brake.....................Check it out in the EE ya bastad.............
View Quote
Tbh I'd rather a coated Bison for $265. I'm a big fan of shooting sub moa with $200 toobs
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Pic bump

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 6:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#33]

Back where it belongs.....

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#35]
If anyone is looking to go with the SMRS.

Bushnell SMRS
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:22:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#36]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:

Bushnell SMRS
View Quote

Any pics of that scope on an H in the wild?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:55:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#37]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

View All Quotes

Bushnell SMRS

From page 1.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#38]

From page 1.  

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5527/Ce1BRv.jpg
View All Quotes

Bushnell SMRS

From page 1.  

I think I’ve seen that pic before. Maybe here or maybe on the Hide. Was that just a one off done by an individual or unit with their own funds? I can’t find any other info on this scope being used. Good looking rifle though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#39]

I think I’ve seen that pic before. Maybe here or maybe on the Hide. Was that just a one off done by an individual or unit with their own funds? I can’t find any other info on this scope being used. Good looking rifle though.
View All Quotes

Bushnell SMRS

From page 1.  

I could only speculate.  The Hollands weren't an official socom program like the greater MK12 program and was just used by a very small subset of SF (5th SFG) compared to the MK12 itself.  On paper there is no MK12 Mod H, lol.  Just what it was nicknamed.  It started out by unit modifying mod 0's then PRI started putting them together later.  But even then it was relatively small use and not an official socom program ala MK12 program.  We've seen everything from Bushnell SMRS to Leupold 2.5-8 M3, 3-9M3, 2.5-8 M2. 3.5-10x40 M3, 3.5-10x40 M2, Nightforce ATACR, S&B, etc.  I think it's whatever they had lying around and if there's nothing then go grab something else.

ETA: I think it was Nikiel09 who mentioned a while back that they pieced together all kinds of weird stuff.  Stuff cloners would call blasphemy he mentioned was used.  He was part of 5th so it sounds like we're more strict on the H than they were.  Which makes sense as it wasn't an official socom thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#40]

I could only speculate.  The Hollands weren't an official socom program like the greater MK12 program and was just used by a very small subset of SF (5th SFG) compared to the MK12 itself.  On paper there is no MK12 Mod H, lol.  Just what it was nicknamed.  It started out by unit modifying mod 0's then PRI started putting them together later.  But even then it was relatively small use and not an official socom program ala MK12 program.  We've seen everything from Bushnell SMRS to Leupold 2.5-8 M3, 3-9M3, 2.5-8 M2. 3.5-10x40 M3, 3.5-10x40 M2, Nightforce ATACR, S&B, etc.  I think it's whatever they had lying around and if there's nothing then go grab something else.

ETA: I think it was Nikiel09 who mentioned a while back that they pieced together all kinds of weird stuff.  Stuff cloners would call blasphemy he mentioned was used.  He was part of 5th so it sounds like we're more strict on the H than they were.  Which makes sense as it wasn't an official socom thing.
View All Quotes

Bushnell SMRS

From page 1.  

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense when described as such.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#41]
I’m pretty close to being clone correct here. Few things to work on, but I’m happy that I can shoot it while I work on it now.

Also I dont think the KAC grip is clone correct, but for as much as I paid for it, I’m using the damn thing. Lol

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:45:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#42]
(Mod H)appy New Year to everyone. Got the H out today to zero the RDS and Leupy. This thing shoots. Top right is 6rds under an inch at 100yds seated with a bipod and rear bag. Bottom right is 2x3rd groups getting things dialed in and the turrets zeroed out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Are the MOE vertical grips correct? The sticker that came with my Mod H upper has one on it, but I wouldn’t call that an historical document, haha.

ETA: it’s a Somogear NGAL. Held zero over 50rds today so I’m going to leave it on for a bit and see how it does long term and at some night matches.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:11:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#43]
(Mod H)appy New Year to everyone. Got the H out today to zero the RDS and Leupy. This thing shoots. Top right is 6rds under an inch at 100yds seated with a bipod and rear bag. Bottom right is 2x3rd groups getting things dialed in and the turrets zeroed out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5363_jpeg-3078491.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5364_jpeg-3078490.JPG

Are the MOE vertical grips correct? The sticker that came with my Mod H upper has one on it, but I wouldn’t call that an historical document, haha.

ETA: it’s a Somogear NGAL. Held zero over 50rds today so I’m going to leave it on for a bit and see how it does long term and at some night matches.
View Quote

Nice groups!  Overall rifle looks great.

Pretty sure a couple pics on page 1 in the armory and in the wild of magpul moe vert grip.  At least one wore a BCM gunfighter vertical grip also if you like those and want to remain faithful.

ETA: didn’t see the photo I referenced on page 1 after all, so here it is…

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 5:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#44]

Pretty sure a couple pics on page 1 in the armory and in the wild of magpul moe vert grip.  At least one wore a BCM gunfighter vertical grip also if you like those and want to remain faithful.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/222_-_B5eZbGS_-_Most_use_no_BUIS_at_all_-3078567.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5363_jpeg-3078491.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5364_jpeg-3078490.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/222_-_B5eZbGS_-_Most_use_no_BUIS_at_all_-3078567.JPG

Thanks for the pic/confirmation. Kinda looks like that pic was turned into the sticker that came with my upper from a private seller. Makes me happy that I can use the Atlas bipod on it as well.

ETA: documentary sticker

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#45]
I need a other 3.5-10 mk4 but I am not a fan of the open center on the tmr.....that's why I hesitated on the midway ones (they are now gone). I need to find me another mil dot m3. Once I do, I can sell my 2.5-8 mil dot...which has been perfectly fine but I just want that 10x back.

I'm gonna start trolling around for one I guess.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Ive had it with the wobbles.....I'm gonna machine the gussett and a castle nut to marry into each other to stop the problem. Idc if it's not correct. I want the stock to stay out so I can start shooting the piss out of this weapons system again

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Ive had it with the wobbles.....I'm gonna machine the gussett and a castle nut to marry into each other to stop the problem. Idc if it's not correct. I want the stock to stay out so I can start shooting the piss out of this weapons system again

https://i.postimg.cc/rpSSzNm5/IMG-20240102-222625183.jpg

View Quote

Stinks to hear that even the repro stocks have the wobble issue.  Interested to see what you come up with.  Sounds like it’s gonna do the trick.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#50]

https://i.postimg.cc/rpSSzNm5/IMG-20240102-222625183.jpg

View Quote

Break out the tig.
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top