Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 8:59:57 PM EDT
Any opinions on Troy Rifles would be greatly appreciated.
More specifically the Troy Defense cqb-spc a3.
Looks great for the price of $680.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy Industries makes quality products.
If you are willing to do business with that company, they are good to go. You should receive a quality product that will function properly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Troy Industries makes quality products.
If you are willing to do business with that company, they are good to go. You should receive a quality product that will function properly.
View Quote

+1. They make good stuff. I don't know much about the TRX2 barrel nut though. I'm a big fan of the Alpha rail.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
They make quality shit.  G2G in my book.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#5]
All of the ones I've looked at had AR15-cut carriers. Would steer clear just on that alone.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Never heard of that company. Maybe buy something else.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Does Troy make a good product? Yes.

Would I purchase or recommend a troy product? No.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why is that?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This (since this isn't GD).
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is that?
Go to their industry forum, everything is spelled out in a 15 page thread

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any opinions on Troy Rifles would be greatly appreciated.
More specifically the Troy Defense cqb-spc a3.
Looks great for the price of $680.
View Quote

There is a reason Troy products have lost value/gotten cheaper, and will likely continue to.  

My opinion is stay away from them...for the non-GD reason of protecting your investment.    

Plenty of other reasons not to own one imo, but this is not the place.    

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Troy had some rifles that were sold through Dicks sporting goods, but Dick's decided to NOT sell black rifles so a lot of people who were going to get them, didn't.

I have not heard much feedback at all about their standard Ar15.  Their "pump action" Ar15 gets decent reviews and they get kuddos for sticking it to the ban states for re-engineering a black rifle to fit that market.

They made some hiring decisions that a LOT of people disagreed with.  That has kept a lot of people from buying their products.  Between that and the fact that a LOT of other makers started making great sights and rails, kinda cut into their popularity as well.

Chances are that a TROY rifle will be a fine rifle.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
All Troy stuff I have is very good quality. I could care less who a company hires. I can't believe people do. All companies hire and have bad or crooked people. Boeing is one of the top companies in the world. And they are the most crooked cut throat people that I know. But I bet all you guys fly in their planes !
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  We all know why and are not permitted to discuss it in a technical thread.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The second is why I don't own any Troy products .
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?

Since troy threads,  "who's the best trigger" threads, and a couple other topics on here cause a thread to immediately start toeing a line of purse swinging and non-tech discussion, I am sending you an IM to answer your question. Hopefully we can keep this discussion on the quality of troy products and what our "thoughts" are on them. I did my best to keep it simple and to the point without triggering anyone. Never know who their spotter is and I dont want to be in the middle of GD Argument in TD.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Since troy threads,  "who's the best trigger" threads, and a couple other topics on here cause a thread to immediately start toeing a line of purse swinging and non-tech discussion, I am sending you an IM to answer your question. Hopefully we can keep this discussion on the quality of troy products and what our "thoughts" are on them. I did my best to keep it simple and to the point without triggering anyone. Never know who their spotter is and I dont want to be in the middle of GD Argument in TD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?

I'm looking forward to it.  I didn't realize the shit storm I could have created.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a buddy that got one.  I did not like it.  Personal preference.  To each there own.  I had two Troy rails, they were both a pain in the butt to install.  I have since gone to Midwest Industries.  I really like the MI stuff a lot of value there.  Lot of value just Troy used to be, before other companies started making more user friendly stuff.  

They just don't have anything I like.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I like their sights, but won't buy them new. Can't speak to the quality of their rifles, probably decent gear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?

LOL! I see what you did there!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top